~*Official Canada Thread of Good Governance and Unnecessary Apologizing*~

On 7/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, Jason said:

Got to love that you'll most likely need to use the app to redeem the free items. lol.

In the end I'm still maybe a little perplexed how this blew up but not other instances. I don't think people realise how many apps and their phones alone track of their location data. In the end the use of the data is less nefarious then people think but it's still so heavily being collected (even by apple).

• 2 weeks later...

The best pollster just released a new national poll:

Assuming Poilievre is the new CPC leader, we'll likely see the PPC drop by 3-4% and the CPC rise by the same amount as the chuds come home. This sets us up in exactly the same place as 2019 and 2021. Realistically, here are my predictions for a hypothetical 2025 election:

LPC with Trudeau: 31% (Liberals win minority)

CPC with Poilievre: 34%

LPC with Freeland: 29%

CPC with Poilievre: 35% (CPC wins minority...but maybe not government)

As unpopular as Trudeau is with a lot of people, his brand is still quite strong in Ontario and Quebec.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Chrystia Freeland being mentioned as the next possible NATO Secretary General?

I mean, you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that Putin would hate more in the role, considering her Ukrainian ancestry and anti-Russian stance.

I can't imagine anyone I would like to leave Canadian politics more...  Well, JT, Melanie Joly and PP are all up there too.

16 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I can't imagine anyone I would like to leave Canadian politics more...  Well, JT, Melanie Joly and PP are all up there too.

Well bad news for you:

trudeau_sept7.jpg
WWW.THESTAR.COM

The prime minister’s future had been the topic of political guesswork in Ottawa since last fall when he led the Liberals to a third federal election victory.

25 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Well bad news for you:

trudeau_sept7.jpg
WWW.THESTAR.COM

The prime minister’s future had been the topic of political guesswork in Ottawa since last fall when he led the Liberals to a third federal election victory.

Good thing mental healthcare is free in Canada. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Well bad news for you:

trudeau_sept7.jpg
WWW.THESTAR.COM

Not allowed unless he grows back the covid beard. :angry:

18 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Given the bureaucracy's multiple failures at this point, their time would probably be better served at work rather than mourning the monarch.

I agree that honouring the Queen is BS. If anything, we should have a day off to celebrate her death. But days off are a good thing. In fact, we should have at least double the statutory days off that we do now, in terms of minimum legal vacation required.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Demand your employer give you more days off instead of making fun of others for getting them.

When the public sector gets back to providing close to the service levels the provided pre-pandemic, despite employing 9.4% more people than it did, I will continue to make fun of their productivity.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
parliament-decorum-20220930.jpg
NATIONALPOST.COM

Decorum dictates that MPs must use each other's titles during debate, never their first names. So anything that deliberately includes 'Justin,' the prime…

Liberals don't like the word Justinflation.

But, it's Tru-deau.

You can't say another person's name in the House, and Conservative trolls (i.e. the entire party, now) try to troll anyway. If a person enjoys these sorts of puns, then they are a moron, plain and simple.