PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

10 hours ago, chakoo said:

I think sony mention they will be sending them out for free but it won't come till early next year. 

Yea, but, where do I sign up? :p 

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So you won't be able to use PSVR until next year... yeah they totally intended for people to buy the next iteration of PSVR.

There’s no next iteration scheduled yet. I mean, obviously they’re working on one, but it was never coming in 2020 :p 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, but, where do I sign up? :p 

There’s no next iteration scheduled yet. I mean, obviously they’re working on one, but it was never coming in 2020 :p 

Which makes it weird that they wouldn't have the current PSVR playable on the system out of the box especially when they've been telling us all along that the current PSVR WOULD be compatable with the PS5. They just never mentioned anything about needing an adapter and they DEFINITELY didn't mention that said adapter wouldn't be ready until next year. 

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Which makes it weird that they wouldn't have the current PSVR playable on the system out of the box especially when they've been telling us all along that the current PSVR WOULD be compatable with the PS5. They just never mentioned anything about needing an adapter and they DEFINITELY didn't mention that said adapter wouldn't be ready until next year. 

Sony has been bad at communicating about a lot of things about the PS5. Just add it to the list. :p

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They announced the adapter for the PS4/PSVR Camera awhile ago (July or August?). The new PS5 camera not working with VR is what’s new.

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

They announced the adapter for the PS4/PSVR Camera awhile ago (July or August?). The new PS5 camera not working with VR is what’s new.

August 3rd

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

Aug-3-Peripherals-image.jpg
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Information on DualShock 4, PS VR, officially licensed peripherals, and more.

48 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That in no way cotradicts what I said... PSVR requires an adapter, does not work with the new PS5 camera and all of this is new information. It's fine. I just will be keeping my PS4 hooked up a bit longer because I do want to play Star Wars Squadrons in VR and will probably play it on PS4.

Wasn’t your original point “[Sony] totally intended for people to buy the next iteration of PSVR” instead of using the PS4’s? Not defending Sony here, but they were never pushing people to buy the new PSVR because that was never planned for a simultaneous release with PS5. Sony not including the adapter or having it ready to ship on or before the PS5 launch is beyond ridiculous, though. They want to make a big deal about BC but are making PSVR owners jump through hoops for it.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Wasn’t your original point “[Sony] totally intended for people to buy the next iteration of PSVR” instead of using the PS4’s? Not defending Sony here, but they were never pushing people to buy the new PSVR because that was never planned for a simultaneous release with PS5. Sony not including the adapter or having it ready to ship on or before the PS5 launch is beyond ridiculous, though. They want to make a big deal about BC but are making PSVR owners jump through hoops for it.

Well to my original point about Sony wanting people to upgrade to the next iteration of PSVR, I still believe that. If not why not have the current PSVR work with the new system out of the box and design the system to support the current camera as well as the new one? Or barring that, why not have the adapter ready at launch when you've been saying all along that the PSVR (current) would work with the new system? It seems to me that the PS5 was NOT desgined with the current headset in mind and that it was an afterthought and that this adapter is a solution when they saw that backwards compat was a bigger deal than they expected and that people (rightfully) expect their peripherals to work on the new system. Otherwise this was just a HUGE oversight on Sony's part (not that that would be out of the realm of possibility)

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Interesting triple post.

I didn't realize there was a triple post.... I got a weird board error when I was posting that comment.

When Wendy’s fixes their god awful fries then we can talk about them playing with the big boys. Until then, back of the line they go. 

Taco Bell has had Fries for 5 minutes and they’re already better than those bland nothing sticks Wendy’s tries to pass off as fries. Disgraceful. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well if we’re talking strictly fries, McDonalds remains king. I’m talking sandwiches.

In n Out Burger is pretty good too... not too many people have access to them though. They’re not nationwide are they?

They are not nationwide. In-N-Out/Five Guys/Shake Shack are all the same. I would rank them all over the rest of fast food burgers. 

Chick-Fil-A being the worst fast food across the board in all categories except for customer service.

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

They are not nationwide. In-N-Out/Five Guys/Shake Shack are all the same. I would rank them all over the rest of fast food burgers.

I think Five Guys and Shake Shack are wider than In-N-Out

In-N-Out is mostly california and some sparse locations in colorado and texas

Shake Shack is available in 28 states and some internationally, Five Guys is in a similar place.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think Five Guys and Shake Shack are wider than In-N-Out

In-N-Out is mostly california and some sparse locations in colorado and texas

Shake Shack is available in 28 states and some internationally, Five Guys is in a similar place.

In-N-Out is also in Reno/Sparks NV where i live. I'll have one in walking distance soon.

53 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Chick-Fil-A being the worst fast food across the board in all categories except for customer service.

Chik fil A the worst? Interesting take.  I believe they are by far the most successful chain.

6 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Chik fil A the worst? Interesting take.  I believe they are by far the most successful chain.

Obviously personal opinion but I tried it with my wife and we both found it bland and underwhelming. It would be the last choice for us to eat a meal from. We don’t understand the popularity. The lines for drive thru are ridiculously long. 

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Obviously personal opinion but I tried it with my wife and we both found it bland and underwhelming. It would be the last choice for us to eat a meal from. We don’t understand the popularity. The lines for drive thru are ridiculously long. 

You have to ask for the sauce to make it taste good.

I don't get the praise Chick-fil-a gets. Maybe when you only have KFC/popeyes to compare it with it might make sense but since they open their first location here in TO there have been long lines for the place. I've tried it twice and found it ok yet for no line I can go just a block further to get a far better chicken sandwich from another joint or if i'm willing to hit the TTC I can get what IMO is the best chicken sandwich in Toronto.