~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

04virus-india-vaccine-1-videoSixteenByNi
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Interim results from clinical trials suggested that Covaxin could be safe and effective, potentially removing one hurdle to New Delhi’s ambitious campaign to inoculate a vast population.

The results from the interim analysis have yet to be peer reviewed, the company said. It was unclear how effective Covaxin would prove to be in a final analysis.

Still, the results were met with relief in India. Covaxin had been approved by government officials in January and administered to millions of people before it had been publicly proved to be safe or effective. Many people in India, including frontline health care workers, had feared Covaxin could be ineffective or worse, slowing down New Delhi’s campaign to inoculate 1.3 billion people.

Bold move

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

My dad finally was able to get an appointment. Not until March 31st, but it’s better than nothing 

Are you following that Twitter account? I can link you to the Facebook group too if you still need to get for other family members / yourself.

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Interim results from clinical trials suggested that Covaxin could be safe and effective, potentially removing one hurdle to New Delhi’s ambitious campaign to inoculate a vast population.

Bold move

Wow, someone hasn’t been reading his Frankenthread.

15 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Give me index funds or give me death

I’m mostly just messing around because we have been discussing Covaxin for a while in that thread, but it’s probably best you stay away lol.

However I do think Massdriver has the best strategy in doing mostly ETF’s, but reserving some “play” money as well.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Bold move

The thing with Covaxin that seems to get lost is that India's NHO was involved in it's creation and the trials. What does that mean? It means that the Indian government helped make it with Bharat and was involved in it's development, so, India's government and FDA already knew the results (or, at least, how the results were ending for P3) when they started the EUA and people like Modi began receiving it. So, no, not bold at all; they know and have all the data already before the public release.

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The thing with Covaxin that seems to get lost is that India's NHO was involved in it's creation and the trials. What does that mean? It means that the Indian government helped make it with Bharat and was involved in it's development, so, India's government and FDA already knew the results (or, at least, how the results were ending for P3) when they started the EUA and people like Modi began receiving it. So, no, not bold at all; they know and have all the data already before the public release.

I will determine what is bold

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Everybody needs to get the vaccine. This is one of the areas of hesitancy that is not primarily political or cultural but merely educational. This is an area where the government can do major work in helping to get vaccination levels up after supply becomes abundant because there will be a lot of people who just assume their infection derived immunity is good enough.

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It should be noted that the evidence strongly points to reinfection being uncommon, however, and the course of illness is far less severe. They are not completely protected from reinfection.

There are strong reasons to believe the length of time for which infection derived immunity lasts is significantly shorter than vaccine derived immunity for a substantial percentage of the population. The vaccines are really good about getting optimal immune system responses.

I feel like in the next 4-6 weeks we will have really solid evidence that the risk of transmission by a vaccinated person is so much lower than an unvaccinated person that  being unmasked and vaccinated presents less transmission risk than being masked and unvaccinated. As data rolls in, this seems more and more clear. And that’s a good thing because you will definitely have a decent sized group of people who need to be convinced to get the vaccine just on the basis of return to normalcy like not wearing masks.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I feel like in the next 4-6 weeks we will have really solid evidence that the risk of transmission by a vaccinated person is so much lower than an unvaccinated person that  being unmasked and vaccinated presents less transmission risk than being masked and unvaccinated. As data rolls in, this seems more and more clear. And that’s a good thing because you will definitely have a decent sized group of people who need to be convinced to get the vaccine just on the basis of return to normalcy like not wearing masks.

If they determine that those who are vaccinated transmit Covid at a much lower rate than those who are unvaccinated, does that mean that those who are vaccinated wouldn't be required to wear a mask?  I know that's a sticking point for some people.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Absolutely.  One of the best ways to convince some people to get vaccinated is that they won't be required to wear a mask any longer. 

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

If they determine that those who are vaccinated transmit Covid at a much lower rate than those who are unvaccinated, does that mean that those who are vaccinated wouldn't be required to wear a mask?  I know that's a sticking point for some people.

I think that’s what will happen if the data continues to come in that direction. It’s a risk/reward question that governments will have to assess. But young and healthy people are for sure going to be less likely to get the vaccine if they don’t feel a personal benefit, because humanity y’know.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I really hope mask mandates aren't lifted for a long while in NJ in places like supermarkets. There's just no reason to! 

There certainly is, to get more people to get vaccinated once you get over the hump of supply for people who already want them. Incentivizing vaccination has always been a part of getting to herd immunity.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

There certainly is, to get more people to get vaccinated once you get over the hump of supply for people who already want them. Incentivizing vaccination has always been a part of getting to herd immunity.

Vaccine hesitancy is highest among White Republicans, which there aren't a ton of relatively here, so I'm really hoping we don't need to use such an absurd tactic. 

16 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

12 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Absolutely.  One of the best ways to convince some people to get vaccinated is that they won't be required to wear a mask any longer. 

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

I really hope mask mandates aren't lifted for a long while in NJ in places like supermarkets. There's just no reason to! 

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If people are allowed to be exempted from wearing masks (if they are vaccinated), then the suburban hog people who are anti-mask are just going to lie and say they have been. Stores aren't going to ask for proof. This is why mask mandates (and restrictions) need to be in place for as long as we can convince people to follow them.

• Thanks 1