Australia is very hot and is on fire

1 minute ago, chakoo said:

It's amazing people aren't calling for their politicians heads in Australia but I guess everybody is too busy focusing on not dying in a fire first. 

I live in western Canada, so I know all too well how politicians can turn resource extraction into patriotism. A public school here had to apologize to the oil industry for having in their Christmas play a message from Santa urging kids to be as green and eco-friendly as possible.

Its just depressing, everyday theres a huge piece of climate news that seems to drop and no real action in sight, its not really news but looking at 10 day forcasts in the NE and seeing just a couple days with lows in the 20s is unheard of this time of year, and more highs in the 40s than 30s is just nuts.

Every politician and corporate shill that fight against climate change policies, and denied the science to get where we are should face some sort of prison time. I don't know how, I don't care how. This is unacceptable, and denying climate change at this point is not just stupid, it's evil. The blood of the dead are going to be on their hands as this sort of thing continues. 

18 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its just depressing, everyday theres a huge piece of climate news that seems to drop and no real action in sight, its not really news but looking at 10 day forcasts in the NE and seeing just a couple days with lows in the 20s is unheard of this time of year, and more highs in the 40s than 30s is just nuts.

It is amazing that globally we haven't addressed the climate emergency. I'm not overly keen on movements like the Extinction Rebellion and I wonder, realistically what is the individual impact of climate awareness and action is compared with the lack of action by global powers and companies.

Uh, NSFW I guess

Spoiler

Speaking of charities and donations, does anyone know a good place to donate to help relief efforts to the fire brigade, people that have lost houses, etc.? I've already donated to one to help save the animals, but I'd like to donate to another. 

Preferably one that doesn't have a shady past/practices like Red Cross or Salvation Army.