Supporters of President Pussy-Grabber get James Gunn fired in retaliation for his political beliefs

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Wow. Were they cried and tasteless? Yes. Have we ALL made jokes like them? Yes. Does he believe in rape and all that? No.

We are living in the age of no humour.

I would've sacked an employee who did something similar without a second thought, especially if I'm an executive in a company with a "family-friendly" image.

• Thanks 1

I hope they don’t accidentally discover that Robert Downey Jr had a problem with drugs.

In all seriousness, in a world where Donald Trump’s Twitter history allowed him to run for President, no one’s Twitter history should be scrutinized, unless those posts were made today.  And especially if they’re unearthed by the guy who came up with Pizzagate.

Gary Whitta scrubbed his negative Star Wars posts from NeoGAF back when he was first brought on to help write Rogue One. People in prominent positions should probably go through their social media and clean out things they don't want people seeing. 

43 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I would've sacked an employee who did something similar without a second thought, especially if I'm an executive in a company with a "family-friendly" image.

That's just it though, isn't it? No one in such positions puts in any second thoughts. That's incredibly disingenuous. It's ridiculous that he shouldn't be allowed to live it down. There's no consideration for who he is now or his track record as a successful filmmaker.

I'm glad many people are more outraged at Disney than Gunn, and I hope that continues.

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

That's just it though, isn't it? No one in such positions puts in any second thoughts. That's incredibly disingenuous. It's ridiculous that he shouldn't be allowed to live it down. There's no consideration for who he is now or his track record as a successful filmmaker.

I'm glad many people are more outraged at Disney than Gunn, and I hope that continues.

I can easily put myself in the position of a Disney executive who just endured the Roseanne debacle and going "fire first, reflect later".  It's as simple as that unfortunately from a corporate perspective.

James Gunn, despite being my favorite filmmaker at Marvel, does not matter to the success of the MCU. He’s not worth ANY hassle to Disney, even theoretical.

13 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

But again, they were from a decade ago, before they hired him.

The storm is brewing NOW. He was hired in 2012, to say the social media landscape has changed just since then is an understatement. It’s been weaponized.

Just now, sblfilms said:

The storm is brewing NOW. He was hired in 2012, to say the social media landscape has changed just since the is an understatement. It’s been weaponized.

Weaponized by a guy who claimed children were being held as sex slaves in the basement of a pizza shop by Hillary Clinton.

8 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Weaponized by a guy who claimed children were being held as sex slaves in the basement of a pizza shop by Hillary Clinton.

No, by society as a whole. It’s the downfall of many, and the gathering point for the angry mob.

Just now, Firewithin said:

Again he apologized for them 6 years ago. Disney has known. They gave into Nazi conspiracy theorists

It was a classic non-apology apology. “I’m sorry if what I said hurt somebody” is like PR 101 :p

The source is still Gunn tho, not the dude who pointed it out. It’s still kinda whatever, but I would prob do the same. Don’t sorry, they will never hire that guy either. Also don’t stay stupid shit on social media if you want to work in a public sector. The only slightly annoying part about this is was obviously making fun of people who held those views and someone who held those views called him out.