Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month

Brian

So does it automatically cancel my EA Access? Need to check on all that.

Also wonder if there will be some discount on EA Premier or whatever it was I think I signed up for before.  That was probably the worst value in gaming for me, as I think the only real game I played was Jedi Fallen Order off of it.

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Is Avengers on EA Play?

Considering its Square Enix, nope.

I was using the Console Streaming which is available on xCloud, and works extremely well.  Did some Brutal Missions pretty painlessly at my parents house using it.

It gives you access to your full Xbox One Library, with the exception of Backwards Compatible titles.

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I had not been keeping up with Xcloud. So it’s your whole library and not just what is on Gamepass Ultimate? Wow!

They have the regular xCloud which gives you access to the xCloud servers, which might be a bit more optimized for Game Streaming.

But you can also choose Console Streaming which basically gives you remote control of your Xbox, kind of similar to Steam Link.  Both give you access to your Library of games from other networks, not just your home Network.  I believe Playstation offers something similar, but only works on your home Network right now.

540x1140.png.94cac574a32d4f46b5a55ee94e6

41 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Microsoft scooping up EA Play is a really interesting turn.  Could be that EA thought they wouldn't be able to grow their own service much, and decided to join up.

It leaves Ubisoft in an interesting situation, since they've been trying to get Uplay Plus off the ground. 

I think that EA's current and near future catalog looks weak compared to the other big pubs and they went with an option that gets their existing games out there in a way people will actual bite. Its a get for MS and it seems its of benefit to EA or they wouldn't have agreed. It will be interesting to see how long this partnership lasts, and if it will herald a price bump starting next year. 

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I hope a lot of the TV/Movie streaming services do the same thing... (They won't but one can hope)

I think consolidation will occur to some degree because core cutting in favor of streaming changed consumer behavior in a massive way. I don’t think people will return to spending $100/month, just in a bunch of different streaming services. We will see major streaming service failures in the next couple of years. But some degree of fragmentation will persist.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

A quick visit to EA's website shows that EA Play Pro seems to be Origin only...

Yeah Origin Premier was always just PC, never on Xbox.

I actually was subscribed and cancelled today, as I kinda forgot I was even subbed until today, and the only game I've played on the service was Jedi Fallen Order.

I hope they have some sort of discount for Game Pass Ultimate Subs, cause I would potentially consider resubbing if they did.

On 9/9/2020 at 9:17 AM, JPDunks4 said:

So does it automatically cancel my EA Access? Need to check on all that.

Unless the standard EA Play, Access, whatever goes away, I would assume it will not auto cancel. As you could opt for having EA and not have Gamepass and being from two different companies. 

I dunno. Maybe it will be like having Hulu and getting Disney+. They just combine the two memberships and adjust to reach the bundle price. But I doubt it. 

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Unless the standard EA Play, Access, whatever goes away, I would assume it will not auto cancel. As you could opt for having EA and not have Gamepass and being from two different companies. 

I dunno. Maybe it will be like having Hulu and getting Disney+. They just combine the two memberships and adjust to reach the bundle price. But I doubt it. 

It does auto cancel and refunds if you prepaid.

• Thanks 1

Since you can’t currently do streaming on iOS, I’m thinking about getting an Android phone just for game streaming when I’m at the theater late or on the road. Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Since you can’t currently do streaming on iOS, I’m thinking about getting an Android phone just for game streaming when I’m at the theater late or on the road. Any suggestions?

I have the Galaxy 10 and I'm about to upgrade to the Galaxy20. I've always been happy with the Galaxy phones and never felt a need for an Iphone because of them. It's crazy too because up until recently I was a total Apple guy.

4 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I hate touch controls on screens, but damn am I impressed with my nephews and niece putting in work on their iPad Minis on Roblox or Minecraft.

My nephew was STILL winning solo matches in Fortnite on my old phone I gave him. He said it was because most of the people playing on their phones suck :p The kid is good though and I keep telling him he should try streaming.

I think he's moved on from Fortnite though and is playing that Ubisoft shooter now.

This tweet is a perfect example of why xCloud can really be incredible.  Before xCloud, you'd essentially need 3 Xbox's, 3 TV's to be able to do this.

Now, you can get some relatively cheap Android Tablets, and essentially get that same feeling of Couch Co-op for Online Multiplayer games.

*Posted this in Avengers thread but it's more about how impressed I am with game streamin so far.

Last night I used xCloud and Console streaming for the longest play session yet.

Ran a few missions with @skillzdadirectaand @ARZwhile up visiting family.

Using a Galaxy Tab S4, played flawlessly for a little over an hour. My parents also dont have the best router or wifi set up in there house, but I experienced just a couple very minor lag spikes in that time.

Console Streaming currently isn't part of the Game Pass xCloud launch, and only accessible in the Preview App.  Hopefully it's available to everyone eventually.

20200920_002328.jpg

On 9/14/2020 at 1:34 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

TW_ComingSoon_MixedPlatform_9.14_JPG.jpg

It's good to see Vermintide 2 coming back to Game Pass. Such a good game I bought it while it was on sale and now with it being on game pass means I can just tell my other friends to download it so we can smash some rats! Wish it was crossplay though as I have a few co workers currently playing on PC. Destiny 2 I own but waiting patiently for the XSX 60fps update to get back into it.

Also I just finished THPS 1+2 and couldn't wait for EA Play to kick in and bought Skate 3 on sale for $5. BC is such a awesome feature as it means I can catch up on old classics I never played. It's just awesome how it just works. Hoping MS will keep adding more 360 games in the future.