The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

00hazingdeath-sanda-videoSixteenByNineJu
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Sanda Dia’s death after an initiation ritual was regarded as a tragic accident. Newly released videos and photos have made it a symbol of growing intolerance.

28 minutes ago, Joe said:

Just saw this. Are you serious with this level of shitposting @Jason? This should honestly be taken down as fake news. This is my crazy conservative aunt from Long Island level of shitposting. 

How is it fake news when it's an actual mailer that's going out to people?

mJULbtF.jpg

The only "fake" part of it is that it's apparently from a group that's not actually affiliated with any police unions. But it's a real mailer that's actually showing up in people's mailboxes. 

Just now, Jason said:

Okay so you just wanted a reason to let me know how little you think of me. Thanks.

I actually don't think little of you at all! I just think it's a huge shame that you posted this without looking into it. Duped two more people as well.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I mean it's a real thing that is coming out. The implication that cops endorse it, as opposed to an unaffiliated group that is making recommendations for cops, is somewhat misleading but it's still a quite real mailer.

This is how my aunt from Long Island rationalizes her Facebook posts, too. Misleading news is fake news.

This is the guy listed as being in charge of the group sending the mailers: http://moranandassociates.com/about_us/kelley_moran/

With a strong background in non-profit organizations, Mr. Moran has directed the political operations for California's largest law enforcement organizations.

So it seems like there's some sort of law enforcement connection, even if it's not a mainstream police organization.

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This is a bastardization of what fake news actually is.

No that's exactly what it is. Don't you folks get up in arms when fact check websites say something DJT or other GOPers say is technically true, even though the intent was obvious meant to mislead?

So this mailer was bad and used to dupe people and I wouldn't have posted it if I'd realized that at the time, but it's a real mailer that went out and there appears to be at least a fringe law enforcement association with it, which is more than you can say for the "antifa is lighting the forest fires in Oregon" bullshit that conservatives pass around.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

No that's exactly what it is. Don't you folks get up in arms when fact check websites say something DJT or other GOPers say is technically true, even though the intent was obvious meant to mislead?

I'd be thrilled if the gop went back to being misleading instead of being obvious, unashamed liars

58 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I'm not a lawyer so honest question: How could he face charges in Illinois for crimes he committed in Wisconsin? They don't appear to be Federal crimes.

I know you can face federal charges for crimes committed outside the country. 🤷‍♂️