The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

15 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Trump has commented on this case today but has he said anything about that Mass Murdering plotting Coast Guard LT. who was targeting HIS enemies in the media and Government?

I don't know, I only know what Trump says when I see it here. He doesn't live in a space in my head like he does people here. What is that even like, to have your mind consumed with something you are so against?

Matter of fact, your comment is the first I've heard of that story. I don't pay much attention to news outside of the financial market; and I don't "have" social media (lock up some names, but I don't use them). Sometimes I'll check things out that I see here, or the other couple boards where I post. My curated news, blocks anything lifestyle, entertainment, political, violent, sports, social, and food related.

Apparently, Charleston Heston of the NRA wasn't too big on white supremacy in the 60s, a decade before Wayne made those racist comments. Neither was Marlon Brando.

I'm pretty sure people like John Wayne were mocked by 70s sit-coms such as All in the Family as well, but hey, facts can't get in the way of weird white nationalist shit on Fox.

1 hour ago, Commodore D said:

I don't know, I only know what Trump says when I see it here. He doesn't live in a space in my head like he does people here. What is that even like, to have your mind consumed with something you are so against?

Matter of fact, your comment is the first I've heard of that story. I don't pay much attention to news outside of the financial market; and I don't "have" social media (lock up some names, but I don't use them). Sometimes I'll check things out that I see here, or the other couple boards where I post. My curated news, blocks anything lifestyle, entertainment, political, violent, sports, social, and food related.

Trump "occupies a space in folks heads" because he's THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and his actions affect a lot of people whether they choose to bury their heads in the sand or not.  For someone who doesn't seem to care about this stuff, you offer a lot of opinions. Now I see why they're so off track most of the time. Then you should probably STFU about this stuff if you don't care about it. Now that I know you really don't give a shit about this stuff and more importantly,  don't seem to know what you're talking about and the context in which these discussions are being had, I'll refrain from commenting on anything you post non-game related or entertainment based in the future.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Trump "occupies a space in folks heads" because he's THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and his actions affect a lot of people whether they choose to bury their heads in the sand or not.  For someone who doesn't seem to care about this stuff, you offer a lot of opinions. Now I see why they're so off track most of the time. Then you should probably STFU about this stuff if you don't care about it. Now that I know you really don't give a shit about this stuff and more importantly,  don't seem to know what you're talking about and the context in which these discussions are being had, I'll refrain from commenting on anything you post non-game related or entertainment based in the future.

Such anger, why so much anger?

When I comment, I generally read up on it first. Added to that, you get a decent perspective of how things are going based on financial news. If you've notice, my opinions are usually that of personal experiences and interactions (it wouldn't surprise me if I had the same or even more involvement in my community than you all), not the noise of talking heads. 

Off track = I just don't align with how you feel. If I took the perspective of you all, the world would look like a terrible place, instead I like to see the good things that are occurring first, and focusing on the positives, as there may be leveraging opportunities.

1 minute ago, Commodore D said:

Such anger, why so much anger?

When I comment, I generally read up on it first. Added to that, you get a decent perspective of how things are going based on financial news. If you've notice, my opinions are usually that of personal experiences and interactions (it wouldn't surprise me if I had the same or even more involvement in my community than you all), not the noise of talking heads. 

Off track = I just don't align with how you feel. If I took the perspective of you all, the world would look like a terrible place, instead I like to see the good things that are occurring first, and focusing on the positives, as there may be leveraging opportunities.

Lol why do clowns mistake a forceful opinion for anger? I get that we're on a forum and it's hard to read a person's intent but that's a very lame come back. Let me let you in a little secret... YOU don't matter enough to me to be angry about. I was simply letting you know that rather than engaging with you about topics like this moving forward,  I won't.  And spare me your resume bro... I'm sure you're a pillar of your community... bravo :cheers:

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Lol why do clowns mistake a forceful opinion for anger? I get that we're on a forum and it's hard to read a person's intent but that's a very lame come back. Let me let you in a little secret... YOU don't matter enough to me to be angry about. I was simply letting you know that rather than engaging with you about topics like this moving forward,  I won't.  And spare me your resume bro... I'm sure you're a pillar of your community... bravo :cheers:

Impressive that you come across as an angry black man even over text

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

As someone that doesn't use vulgarities, I associate them with anger (or a limited vocabulary / education). So it really wasn't a comeback, more so a questions of why you would be angry (like you stated, it an internet forum, few people matter). 

11 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

As someone that doesn't use vulgarities, I associate them with anger (or a limited vocabulary / education). So it really wasn't a comeback, more so a questions of why you would be angry (like you stated, it an internet forum, few people matter). 

:jordan:

Associating forceful words (like swear words) with limited vocabulary is fairly ignorant an opinion itself. Using words as exclamation to punctuate points is a powerful way to show the force of a statement. It's why I disapprove of parents that don't let their kids learn curse words or punish them for saying them; Kids should be taught curse words and to limit them to when it really matters. Don't swear all the time, but swear when it will provide emphasis.

19 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Impressive that you come across as an angry black man even over text

"Angry Black Man"= a black man with a strong opinion. I've been hit with that label before... I'm cool with it :peace:

16 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

STFU is a vulgarity? Isn't it technically an abbreviation of a vulgarity? So much to contemplate :hmm:

Oh and I guess I've learned that edumacated folks don't cuss... I'd better hit the books then.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Associating forceful words (like swear words) with limited vocabulary is fairly ignorant an opinion itself. Using words as exclamation to punctuate points is a powerful way to show the force of a statement. It's why I disapprove of parents that don't let their kids learn curse words or punish them for saying them; Kids should be taught curse words and to limit them to when it really matters. Don't swear all the time, but swear when it will provide emphasis.

Oh, I definitely get that. Though, they generally have a negative connotation to them, and it is always possible to use words with the same power, so why not? 

The bolded part is where I see the those with limited vocabularies, less education live; every other word is a swear word. That has definitely shaped my generalization.

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Interesting read, and yeah, that makes complete sense. Though what they were talking about was not the use of the terms, but the knowledge of the terms. 

It also touched on emotion causing the swearing. Which was the drive of my original question.

4 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

Interesting read, and yeah, that makes complete sense. Though what they were talking about was not the use of the terms, but the knowledge of the terms. 

It also touched on emotion causing the swearing. Which was the drive of my original question.

Knowledge of the terms yes. But to use them effectively as well.

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

"Angry Black Man"= a black man with a strong opinion. I've been hit with that label before... I'm cool with it :peace:

STFU is a vulgarity? Isn't it technically an abbreviation of a vulgarity? So much to contemplate :hmm:

Oh and I guess I've learned that edumacated folks don't cuss... I'd better hit the books then.

Or man, you missed the or. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Y SO ANGRY DOE

It's because I'm black and unedumacated yo... where you been?

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

55568-EB1-9-E7-B-47-E2-9-AA6-0-BF08-CD3-

Dammit man! was literally coming in here to post some of the roasting he's been getting on social media:lol: Black Twitter has no chill, my feeds are filled with jokes and memes about him and his black card has probably been revoked 

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/21/jussie-smollett-ripped-on-social-media-over-alleged-hoax/

On 2/21/2019 at 3:42 PM, outsida said:

How did he think he would get away with this? The police literally had all the receipts. 

Hate crimes have been on the raise since trump became president and this foolishness hurts the real victims. 

see what I’m saying, the right is using this to claim there are no victims of hate crimes and that they are the victims. 

• Guillotine 1

If you aren't angry at Trump, his administration and the ineffectual government response to him, you're fucking stupid. Flat out, you are the kind of person who must run towards danger gleefully not knowing you'll die.

I'm angry, and I think anger is the only response to what we're facing. Putting your head in the sand is no kind of answer - ignorance is lazy. 

Why are we so angry? Really? Are you fucking kidding me? Our country committed fucking war crimes by tearing children away from their parents, and then losing the children. As an American citizen, that is partly on me and is on my soul, so, yes, I'm angry. Trump's stoccastic terrorism is getting nutjobs to shoot up news people and commit hate crimes at a higher rate than ever before - I doubt you're missing all the mass shootings that have been happening. The list goes on and on.

Why am I angry? Really?!

On 2/22/2019 at 11:02 AM, Commodore D said:

Broadly speaking the world is a terrible place that is becoming more unstable than it used to in decades past. This has a lot to do with Trump (but not just him). Everyone here also focuses on the positives, but you're ignoring world events and political facts that can't be ignored, by your own admittance.

I still live a very happy personal life, so let's not equate honesty and objectivity with "I focus on the positives". That's a straw man argument to suggest we're ignoring all the good by just focusing on the bad. There's just a lot more bad than good currently in play brother, flatly true which is why we're all the way we are. You think we like feeling and being this way? We just don't have a choice, thanks to the facts of the situation(s).