Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

24 minutes ago, Ominous said:

For a game that got shit on I think I'll end up with 300+ hours played and many replays. 

It was always good if you had the newest PC hardware at launch (and I do mean newest) to avoid endless bugs, but with this patch and expansion it's pretty special, IMO.

Just now, legend said:

It was always good if you had the newest PC hardware at launch (and I do mean newest) to avoid endless bugs, but with this patch and expansion it's pretty special, IMO.

Yea I had my 3090 before launch and a 3900x so I was good. 

• Hype 1

Yeah I started doing a lot of side missions from the original release as well alongside PL. That was kind of my intention though as I figured there would be an expansion and that this way it would have more new content for me and be like a sequel, which is indeed how it feels with all the improvements and the huge graphics upgrade over launch.

9 minutes ago, Ominous said:

spacer.png

When's the sequel coming out? 

Three years to develop on UE5, two years to port back to Red Engine 4, two years to develop Red Engine 5, three years to develop on Red Engine 5, one year of patches to be in a playable state so about 11 years give or take 

Im going to jump back into Cyberpunk when Im done with BG3. I had already completed the main story at launch. I have Phantom Liberty on deck.  I havent really been keeping up with reviews/talk about it, but I read that they recommend starting fresh to play the DLC? Is that really necessary? I dont have time to start a new game just to get to the DLC. Too much other stuff to play (havent even fired up Starfield yet). 

Im assuming there is still a way to jump in to Phantom Liberty from my completed save file? Am I doing myself a disservice by doing this? How do I access the DLC from my existing completed save? 

On 9/26/2023 at 4:15 PM, Ominous said:

FPS rpgs with a central story and branching outcomes based on your actions with side quests, crafting, and open exploration? 

So I finally decided to give Cyberpunk 2077 a kick coming fresh off a hundred hours of Starfield. I'm a good 30 hours into Cyberpunk and here's what I think.

These games barely exist in the same genre. This would be like saying Star Trek and Blade Runner are the same because they're both sci-fi. Cyberpunk is actually story driven. Starfield is much more exploration driven with just enough story to move you from planet/outpost/city to planet/outpost/city. Night City is very pretty, but also barely more than set dressing for the story being told.

Also, Cyberpunk is barely a FPS. I very happy played through Starfield with a mouse and keyboard. I could barely make it through an hour of Cyberpunk before I had to move over to a gamepad. I think a lot of it comes down to Cyberpunk's weapon accuracy over longer distances. There are many pistols in Starfield that are accurate further than most of the sniper rifles in Cyberpunk. Hell, there are shotguns in Starfield more accurate at distance than Cyberpunk's rifles.

Cyberpunk is a first person RPG. Starfield is much closer to a FPS RPG.

And yes, I know this is an old post, but I buddy of mine was just poking me about this because he's couldn't decide which of these games to play as if they were the same genre.

2 hours ago, atom631 said:

Im going to jump back into Cyberpunk when Im done with BG3. I had already completed the main story at launch. I have Phantom Liberty on deck.  I havent really been keeping up with reviews/talk about it, but I read that they recommend starting fresh to play the DLC? Is that really necessary? I dont have time to start a new game just to get to the DLC. Too much other stuff to play (havent even fired up Starfield yet). 

Im assuming there is still a way to jump in to Phantom Liberty from my completed save file? Am I doing myself a disservice by doing this? How do I access the DLC from my existing completed save? 

It is recommended to start fresh because they overhauled the game and the entire leveling system. But it is not required. You have three options:

1. Start a new game. You will get a call that launches the Phantom Liberty story after you do the Voodoo boys main quest.

2. Start a new character directly into Phantom Liberty. This is an option from the main menu. I think they just advance you to that part of the game and give you a level 20 character or something to start with.

3. Load a previous character. When you do this, you keep the character level and question progression and just have to reassign all of your perk/attribute points, because again, these systems are entirely different now. It's a little weird in that you won't really know exactly what you're selecting since you didn't get them naturally, but you can also always respec whenever you want so you can experiment in PL. As long as your character that you load is past the voodoo boys quest, you'll immediately get a call starting the PL quest. If your previous save is a "game completion" save, that's perfectly fine, because game completion saves always take you back to right before the point of no return.

• Halal 1

On 10/9/2023 at 7:04 PM, legend said:

It is recommended to start fresh because they overhauled the game and the entire leveling system. But it is not required. You have three options:

1. Start a new game. You will get a call that launches the Phantom Liberty story after you do the Voodoo boys main quest.

2. Start a new character directly into Phantom Liberty. This is an option from the main menu. I think they just advance you to that part of the game and give you a level 20 character or something to start with.

3. Load a previous character. When you do this, you keep the character level and question progression and just have to reassign all of your perk/attribute points, because again, these systems are entirely different now. It's a little weird in that you won't really know exactly what you're selecting since you didn't get them naturally, but you can also always respec whenever you want so you can experiment in PL. As long as your character that you load is past the voodoo boys quest, you'll immediately get a call starting the PL quest. If your previous save is a "game completion" save, that's perfectly fine, because game completion saves always take you back to right before the point of no return.

if you start from the beginning, how much of the campaign do you have to play before you get to play the DLC? are we talking like 1/2 way through (20hrs or so)? 

21 minutes ago, atom631 said:

if you start from the beginning, how much of the campaign do you have to play before you get to play the DLC? are we talking like 1/2 way through (20hrs or so)? 

It took me 21 hours to reach the dlc. That's about 3/4 through the main campaign. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

If you speed run it and ignore everything that's not absolutely necessary you can probably do it in 10, but 20hrs does feel like the time you would spend if you're playing casually and actually trying to enjoy the time until then :p 

On 10/9/2023 at 6:04 PM, legend said:

Do you need the expansion for the changes to happen? I haven't started the game yet and it will be awhile before I can afford the expansion. I want to finally start the game soon.

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

Do you need the expansion for the changes to happen? I haven't started the game yet and it will be awhile before I can afford the expansion. I want to finally start the game soon.

No, you don't need the expansion for that. You get all the system changes for free. The expansion is just the new quests and location (maybe iconic weapons part of the new quest I suppose are also locked to the expansion?)

• Thanks 1

After about 35-40 hours into playthrough number 2 I finally started on the DLC stuff. Loved the game first time around, been loving it so far on the second go-through. I'm sure the Dogtown stuff will pick up soon, but something about it felt a bit "off." Felt they could have eased into it better rather than just having Songbird call your randomly after you do a specific story quest. I know it'd be tough to integrate it into the base game, but more buildup of Dogtown and who Songbird is or what she's doing rather than just infodump as you start the quest.

• Like 1

Beat this today just in time before Spidey! Excellent expansion and all the improvements make this so fun to play now. I liked the flow of this story more than the main plot. I’m not a huge fan of Johnny though so that’s part of it.

I got the ending that I think I like best after reading the others so I’ll stick with that for this play through. I don t think it’s what is considered the “best” ending, but that one seems grim lol. I did the one where

I sent that girl to the moon [/spoilers, as no side or option seemed “good” and that was my damn mission at that point.

I still have some side mission stuff to do, maybe next time they add new graphic features! 

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Beat this today just in time before Spidey! Excellent expansion and all the improvements make this so fun to play now. I liked the flow of this story more than the main plot. I’m not a huge fan of Johnny though so that’s part of it.

I got the ending that I think I like best after reading the others so I’ll stick with that for this play through. I don t think it’s what is considered the “best” ending, but that one seems grim lol. I did the one where

Hide contents

I sent that girl to the moon [/spoilers, as no side or option seemed “good” and that was my damn mission at that point.

I still have some side mission stuff to do, maybe next time they add new graphic features! 

I did the same.

Spoiler

The world of Cyberpunk is awful for the characters. Being able to give someone a happy ending feels good.

Just now, legend said:

I did the same.

Hide contents

The world of Cyberpunk is awful for the characters. Being able to give someone a happy ending feels good.

lol exactly how I looked at it

I figured this can just be Songbird’s story, at least she can have a second chance. And hey, maybe she finds a way to free V or something once she gets better, girl hella smart

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: "surprise" Update 2.1 to release in December with "new and hotly anticipated gameplay elements"
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 (December 5) to add fully functional metro system, "Radioport" music player, boss fight improvements, and more
WCCFTECH.COM

NVIDIA released its latest GeForce Game Ready driver which adds support for Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition, further enhancing RTX & DLSS 3,5.

Looks like the graphics are improved again, just because fuck it why not!

Also this means that 3000 series (and 2000) get ray reconstruction now since it no longer requires path tracing. @legend

• Shocked 1
  • Hype 1

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I had to get a refund on my purchase for Phantom Liberty on deck because I spent way too much money on games. Now with it not working on my Xbox I have no idea when I'll get you it. 

That’s good they could get you a refund at least! Really strange it’s not working on your Xbox - I would contact support just because that isn’t right at all. And should be figured out for the future.

• Sad 1