Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

Phantom Liberty is really impressive. Took me 16 hours to reach the content because I started a new game. The police system is actually pretty nice to me because they aren't overally aggressive. Getting away is very easy so it keeps you at bay for just wanting to unleash hell in the middle of the city. :p This is what I expect next gen rpgs to be made to be like. Everything is seamless with all that's going on and CDPR handles this superbly. 

5 hours ago, Ominous said:

Alan Wake 2 

Yea, you're probably right but I did play Starfield and it's still great. 

Idris Elba is phenomenal in this and his character model looks fantastic. Some serious epic shit goes down in this dlc. I don't want to spoil anything but it's AAA shit. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea, you're probably right but I did play Starfield and it's still great. 

Idris Elba is phenomenal in this and his character model looks fantastic. Some serious epic shit goes down in this dlc. I don't want to spoil anything but it's AAA shit. 

I really dislike the scanning stuff. Like turn off camera. Controll gun turret. Etc. Boring and tedious af 

46 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I really dislike the scanning stuff. Like turn off camera. Controll gun turret. Etc. Boring and tedious af 

So don't? :p You can swap out your cyberdeck (the thing that lets you hack) for other things like slowing down time for others (but not you), or making you temporarily invincible and then not only do you not have to scan/hack, you can't!

Playing as a "street samurai" character, I absolutely swapped out my cyberdeck for temporary invincibility!

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh yeah this is so good. Almost forgot how good movement during combat felt. And should be even better once I get double jump and air dash. What an opening so far and I didn’t even get to Idris yet. Fucking astonishing looking.

My biggest lament going Reflex and blades (and tech ability) is I almost never need to use the guns. And that's a lament because a lot of the guns are fun! But I can just jump anywhere, stab people through the chest, reflect bullets, and enter an invincibility mode if I start taking damage. So the guns are kind of unnecessary :p 

I did use guns for that first PL boss though, so that's something!

• Hype 1

10 hours ago, stepee said:

Oh yeah this is so good. Almost forgot how good movement during combat felt. And should be even better once I get double jump and air dash. What an opening so far and I didn’t even get to Idris yet. Fucking astonishing looking.

Fuck yes someone else is playing this. God it must look incredible for you because on the XSX it looks damn good. Idris is photo realistic really. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

@stepee what kind of gear and weapons did you have by just selecting to play the dlc? I read you're automatically a level 20 but what else do you get? My first playthrough of this I used katana swords but this playthrough I've used a ridiculous sawed off shotgun that annihilates enemies. 

That would be if I just went in and selected to play the dlc as a new game I believe. I’m just continuing my old game and started PL from there so I have all sorts of shit my original play through. It reset all my points and I didn’t decide how to spend them yet so I’m just sitting on a bunch for now besides I got the dash move. I still have my katanas, and then a bunch of guns that I just cycle as I run out of ammo. I’m going to be looking to get some mantis blades because of stuff I see in the new skill tree.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, stepee said:

That would be if I just went in and selected to play the dlc as a new game I believe. I’m just continuing my old game and started PL from there so I have all sorts of shit my original play through. It reset all my points and I didn’t decide how to spend them yet so I’m just sitting on a bunch for now besides I got the dash move. I still have my katanas, and then a bunch of guns that I just cycle as I run out of ammo. I’m going to be looking to get some mantis blades because of stuff I see in the new skill tree.

I didn't realize you continued a save. I've been putting all my points towards reflexes and technology. Unfortunately 21 hours in and I still can't force open doors etc because the leveling takes too long. The game is great but something about Starfield has me more intrigued. Can't put my finger on it. 

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I didn't realize you continued a save. I've been putting all my points towards reflexes and technology. Unfortunately 21 hours in and I still can't force open doors etc because the leveling takes too long. The game is great but something about Starfield has me more intrigued. Can't put my finger on it. 

Well you did play through a lot of CP, as great as the update is, already a year ago. Starfield is more fresh rn. But they are so different anyway. I’m still super excited to play Starfield later this year.

• Hype 1

Double jump and air dash is huge. I’m loving this. Dogtown looks fantastic, lots of character and the huge black market makes up some for not being able to enter many buildings still. They did a good job making the stakes so high right away that it never feels awkward taking place in the middle of the original cyberpunk campaign. 

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Double jump and air dash is huge. I’m loving this. Dogtown looks fantastic, lots of character and the huge black market makes up some for not being able to enter many buildings still. They did a good job making the stakes so high right away that it never feels awkward taking place in the middle of the original cyberpunk campaign. 

Air dash is 🔥 

• True 1

15 hours ago, stepee said:

They also gave V a really good incentive for following it through on a personal level!

• True 1

WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Ray Reconstruction makes Cyberpunk 2077 look absolutely stunning, but it can only be enabled with path tracing, or via some hacks.

Nvidia even originally commented when it announced DLSS 3.5 that it was working with CD Projekt Red to enable it on other ray tracing modes. "For CP 2077, we focused on making RT Overdrive look great," I was told recently, parroting an earlier forum post, "and we're working with CD Projekt Red to add support for Ray Reconstruction for other RT modes. Stay tuned."

@stepee @legend

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

IMGUR.COM

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral...

Here’s some random shots I took since it makes it reasonably easy to do so here. I believe the first 6 are laptop, the next 5 on rog ally, the rest on desktop. Max settings besides rog ally which is steam deck settings but at 1080p. I think the photo mode switches you out of your temporal solution and makes it native to a near resolution. The desktop ones are 4k but my laptop which is 1600p saves them at 1080p. Both are at dlss performance when I’m taking them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:
IMGUR.COM

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral...

Here’s some random shots I took since it makes it reasonably easy to do so here. I believe the first 6 are laptop, the next 5 on rog ally, the rest on desktop. Max settings besides rog ally which is steam deck settings but at 1080p. I think the photo mode switches you out of your temporal solution and makes it native to a near resolution. The desktop ones are 4k but my laptop which is 1600p saves them at 1080p. Both are at dlss performance when I’m taking them.

Too late. No one wants to see your stuff anymore since you said it was so hard to do. :talkhand:

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Man I'm like 20 hours into my reply and have not even started it. Next play is gonna be blades and that crazy running shit. 

Yeah, you can easily play a lot before starting it. I did a number of quests and side quests but decided to dart a bit toward it at some point. Still a fuck ton in the game left to do now :p Not sure how much of the side quests I'm going to play since I already did most of them way back. Will probably do some of the big character side quests and then otherwise mainline to the end.

Blades + Movement + "preem" cyberware is the best. I enjoy the gunplay a lot in this, but god damn flying through the air slicing people up is so good And when the shit really hits the fan, it only gets more fun.

Just now, legend said:

Yeah, you can easily play a lot before starting it. I did a number of quests and side quests but decided to dart a bit toward it at some point. Still a fuck ton in the game left to do now :p Not sure how much of the side quests I'm going to play since I already did most of them way back. Will probably do some of the big character side quests and then otherwise mainline to the end.

Blades + Movement + "preem" cyberware is the best. I enjoy the gunplay a lot in this, but god damn flying through the air slicing people up is so good And when the shit really hits the fan, it only gets more fun.

For a game that got shit on I think I'll end up with 300+ hours played and many replays.