Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

4 hours ago, stepee said:
WCCFTECH.COM

NVIDIA released its latest GeForce Game Ready driver which adds support for Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition, further enhancing RTX & DLSS 3,5.

Looks like the graphics are improved again, just because fuck it why not!

Also this means that 3000 series (and 2000) get ray reconstruction now since it no longer requires path tracing. @legend

I've been using path tracing on my 3090 this whole time. 

I started this game over and bought the expansion. I have to say maybe this isn’t a hot take or anything but I think this game is kind of incredible. I wonder if it hadn’t launched on fire what the perception of it would be. I remember a few people I enjoy like Gertsman said even if it wasn’t on fire it didn’t do much for them, but at this point I couldn’t disagree more. I think the main quest story is fantastic, it obviously looks great, it’s so much more fun to play, I love the style of it, and the side quests are fun. Having a great time with it. 

• Hype 2

59 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I started this game over and bought the expansion. I have to say maybe this isn’t a hot take or anything but I think this game is kind of incredible. I wonder if it hadn’t launched on fire what the perception of it would be. I remember a few people I enjoy like Gertsman said even if it wasn’t on fire it didn’t do much for them, but at this point I couldn’t disagree more. I think the main quest story is fantastic, it obviously looks great, it’s so much more fun to play, I love the style of it, and the side quests are fun. Having a great time with it. 

It was great on pc day1 and now it’s just phenomenal on everything that can run the current version!

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I've had an incredible blast with the game. I'm at that point in it where I haven't played in a couple of weeks only because I have little else left to do other than go beyond the point of no return. I'm pretty happy I waited to play until Phantom Liberty. Not sure I would have come back just to play this had I first played when the game came out.

• 1 month later...

A few months ago I finally went back to Cyberpunk 2077 to play Phantom Liberty. I had already played and 100%'ed the base game back when it launched - I had a great time with the game even back then, being lucky enough to not really run into any bugs or glitches at the time. I did not replay any part of the base game, I simply re-specced my character when prompted and jumped in with my save from right before the point of no return. It was nice to see a lot of new wrap-up side quests for the base game for each of the brokers you worked with added in and getting to call your lovers/partners over to just hang out is a nice touch. 

The actual DLC is as Idris Elba said in an interview - this is not DLC but a full-on expansion pack that took me about 30-35 hours to do everything. How it adds to the base game's story was fairly cleverly woven in without greatly disrupting the base game's story and all the main characters in this expansion pack are given enough time for you to get to know them pretty well. The game does play a bit better though the experience was mostly the same for me in terms of gameplay (I'm mostly stealth/hack with some powerful guns when things go to shit). Really enjoyed the expansion and I hope we get a sequel down the road. I played right after the 2.1 patch update dropped as well, which was good timing.

• Thanks 1
  • Hype 1

• 2 months later...

I've decided to replay the entire game with the 2.0 update. Then I'll finish it up with PL. 

I'm putting Avatar (good game) on hold to start this tomorrow. It's simply remarkable what CDPR has done with this initial disaster of a game. 

14 hours ago, best3444 said:

I've decided to replay the entire game with the 2.0 update. Then I'll finish it up with PL. 

I'm putting Avatar (good game) on hold to start this tomorrow. It's simply remarkable what CDPR has done with this initial disaster of a game. 

squirrel GIF

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

squirrel GIF

I restarted this morning. It's really damn good but this time I chose the male V because I couldn't stand the female voice in this. Not that she did a bad job but I just couldn't stand her actual voice. 

The other negative I have with this game is the music. But other than that it's awesome. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I restarted this morning. It's really damn good but this time I chose the male V because I couldn't stand the female voice in this. Not that she did a bad job but I just couldn't stand her actual voice. 

The other negative I have with this game is the music. But other than that it's awesome. 

I only played a few hours of it, and thought it was great.  However, I wanted to move on to something different at the time.  I know I'll get back to it.

I'm amazed at your capacity to play so many different games at the same time.

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I only played a few hours of it, and thought it was great.  However, I wanted to move on to something different at the time.  I know I'll get back to it.

I'm amazed at your capacity to play so many different games at the same time.

Well I have nothing else going on. You have a family and work. When I'm working I really struggle to get through just one game. So I'm kinda amazed at people like you or Mr.Vic20 who put hundreds of hours into games with a jam packed schedule. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Well I have nothing else going on. You have a family and work. When I'm working I really struggle to get through just one game. So I'm kinda amazed at people like you or Mr.Vic20 who put hundreds of hours into games with a jam packed schedule. 

I've gone long stretches without playing very much -- keep in mind I've been playing H:FW for 5 weeks and I'm probably just over 1/2 way through the main game.

My boys are now in the "my parents aren't cool" stage -- so are less time intensive.

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I've gone long stretches without playing very much -- keep in mind I've been playing H:FW for 5 weeks and I'm probably just over 1/2 way through the main game.

My boys are now in the "my parents aren't cool" stage -- so are less time intensive.

I got you. Well my free time will soon be over so I'm trying to enjoy this as much as I can. :p

Cyberpunk kinda embarrasses Starfield when comparing NPCS and game world. No loading, NPCS look human, and it's one gigantic world that's cohesive.

Even the club you go to in Cyberpunk looks more realistic. I forgot how good the 2.0 really is. It may not be CDPR's initial vision and what they initially hyped, but it's damn impressive. 

Cyberpunk 2.0 is quite the accomplishment from CDPR. It's the most immersive city ever created. I just had relations with a hooker which I didn’t know was a thing. Pretty explicit, too.

I'm moving the story along nicely and I think Phantom Liberty is now unlocked.

Anyone who was ever on the fence on this I highly recommend this game now. 

28 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

What’s the name of the mod? Last time I played CP I had trouble even getting basic mods working 

Graphics Mods in use are:

Nova LUT by theCyanideX

Cyberpunk 2077 HD Reworked Project by HalkHogan

Custom Photorealistic Reshade by Me - see my channel page if you're interested

Car Mods in use are:

BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Mr.Vic20 @AbsolutSurgen

I will not be ignored! :nottalking:

LOL. Family night on Friday followed by sleeping in. I’ve not been on D1P. 

14 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Mr.Vic20 @Spork3245 @AbsolutSurgen

Any of you guys ever try the photo realistic mod with path tracing on in this? It looks absolutely incredible.

looks good, but I haven’t played those mods. 

10 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

LOL. Family night on Friday followed by sleeping in. I’ve not been on D1P. 

looks good, but I haven’t played those mods. 

Are you capable of running them do you think?

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Are you capable of running them do you think?

Probably, but I haven’t looked into it. 

I generally ignore mods, because my gaming time is already less than I would like and I don’t want to spend it troubleshooting. 

37 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Probably, but I haven’t looked into it. 

I generally ignore mods, because my gaming time is already less than I would like and I don’t want to spend it troubleshooting. 

Ok. If I had a pc that could make a game look photo realistic I'd be all over it. I got ya though. 

BTW, the game itself is so fuckin good. 

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok. If I had a pc that could make a game look photo realistic I'd be all over it. I got ya though. 

BTW, the game itself is so fuckin good. 

While not photorealistic the path tracing in DD2 is pretty transformative

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Path Tracing

Watch that DF video in the DD2 thread if you haven't already, it shows off a lot more than this.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

While not photorealistic the path tracing in DD2 is pretty transformative

Hide contents

Path Tracing

Watch that DF video in the DD2 thread if you haven't already, it shows off a lot more than this.

I'll check the thread now. Pic looks very nice. 

The path Tracing in DD2 had much better lighting, but the complete lack of denoising made it look horrible. It wasn’t intended for use in gameplay, but rather as a reference for the developers to create baked lighting. 

@Biggie If you enjoy FPS's with a phenomenal story I don't see how you couldn't like this. I'm 14 hours in and it's one of the better games of this gen. The latest update of 2.0 litteraly fixes all the issues this game had. Then you have the DLC Phantom Liberty that was up for GOTY last year.

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie If you enjoy FPS's with a phenomenal story I don't see how you couldn't like this. I'm 14 hours in and it's one of the better games of this gen. The latest update of 2.0 litteraly fixes all the issues this game had. Then you have the DLC Phantom Liberty that was up for GOTY last year.

Man the story/theme/concept/characters did not click with me at all. The music soundtrack is god awful and for some strange and unknow reason it’s one of the only video games that makes me motion sick. 

25 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Man the story/theme/concept/characters did not click with me at all. The music soundtrack is god awful and for some strange and unknow reason it’s one of the only video games that makes me motion sick. 

Well they have performance mode now that runs at 60fps and that motion issue (which i initially had) is gone. I agree that some of the music isn't so good but the actual game is AAA 9/10 stuff.

The world they built is extremely impressive and completely embarrasses Starfield in that department. The gun play is so awesome with so many different gun types. The game is fuckin incredible.