Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Information Thread, update - Out now on Nintendo Switch!

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So true fans will hate it but idiots will love it?

Precisely. It feels like the game design was created in a boardroom by execs rather than creatives. 

“Your team can have full creative control over the visuals... IF we get full control over everything else.”

Theres just so much different about the game for no other reason than to be different. 

10 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Precisely. It feels like the game design was created in a boardroom by execs rather than creatives. 

“Your team can have full creative control over the visuals... IF we get full control over everything else.”

Theres just so much different about the game for no other reason than to be different. 

I'm curious to know what feels so different to you? Maybe its been too long since I've played the original, but I finished this game last night and I think it just as good if not better than the original in every way.

15 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I'm curious to know what feels so different to you? Maybe its been too long since I've played the original, but I finished this game last night and I think it just as good if not better than the original in every way.

It all just feels very... EA. With the first game, everything felt connected—Ori, his powers, the progression. In this game you now have money, vendors, weapons... it’s the complete opposite in design theory to the first game. 

The technical issues don’t help. The first game was flawless (could have been because its was the definitive edition, but I also played the original and don’t recall any quirkiness). 

34 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

It all just feels very... EA. With the first game, everything felt connected—Ori, his powers, the progression. In this game you now have money, vendors, weapons... it’s the complete opposite in design theory to the first game. 

The technical issues don’t help. The first game was flawless (could have been because its was the definitive edition, but I also played the original and don’t recall any quirkiness). 

One of the few complaints I've seen about the Blind Forest is about how bland the combat is. Its one of the weaker points in the game. I guess there are better options than implementing money and vendors for new weapons/abilities, but the customization is a huge plus personally. I changed up my abilities a lot on different combat shrines and bosses to make them much easier. 

I have seen some technical issues floating around and I've found a couple bugs myself. Hopefully they squash those relatively quickly. The first game ran better from the get go. 

19 hours ago, Emblazon said:

So you really wanted Ori and the Blind Forest 1.5?

On 3/11/2020 at 7:37 AM, crispy4000 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't jump into this if you haven't played the first yet.  Blind Forest is very good, some reviewers still prefer it, but the combat will feel dumbed down if you play it second.

I downloaded the demo on switch because the hype on this made me interested, bought the game as soon as I finished the demo. Loving it!

I plowed through the game and absolutely loved it! Combat was way better than the original. Just the right amount of difficulty. Performance was fine but I’m on PC. A spectacular sequel in every possible way. I liked the shard system because I could build Ori in a play style I wanted. Really dug the story too. Overall took me 10.5 hours to get around 80% complete. 

All done. Got all collectibles and completed all side quests. Still only at 455 out of 10000 Gamer Points. Lol. While I did have some issues with the game, and it definitely had its share of technical glitches, I really did love the game. The story and music were fantastic. 

I had more than a few times where my frame rate dropped to zero. The game would just up and freeze for a few seconds. And the game was ridiculously slow going into and out of the map. I don’t think I’ve ever played a game where I’ve frequented the map as much as I do with the Ori games. 

All in all, I’m not sure which game I prefer. Fix the technical issues, and give us the ability to use energy to create save spots and it’s even closer. 

14 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Once I unlocked the kirkhammer, I have not used anything else. 

I was the same, but with Light Burst or whatever its called. The fire ball you can throw in the air and dash off of. 

It absolutely wrecked a few bosses so I never took it out of rotation. 

Just 100% the game the other day. Will of the Wisp is definitely better than the original and the original was great. The music is fucking amazing. This game is an instant classic for me, up there with Symphony of the Night. The only thing that sucks is at least 3 of the achievements are glitched for me so it's not acknowledging that I beat the game. Dont think I will go for the beat the game with out dying one :p

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished the game about 5 minutes ago.  Great game.  I loved the combat compared to the first.  There are a ton of buttons to remember to navigate - both bumpers and xyb change depending on what you have equipped.  It can be slightly confusing at times.  Some of the sequences were intense and took several tries to get through - but nothing ever seemed impossible.  Also with the maps I never really was stuck for more than a few minutes on what I was supposed to do next.  Very well done game.  The way it ended not sure what they would do for a sequel.  Maybe those two games are enough, but definitely want to see what the studio does next.  

• 3 months later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Information Thread, update - Out now on Nintendo Switch!
  • 4 months later...
capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1605538811
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Play the critically acclaimed masterpiece. Embark on a new journey in a vast, exotic world where you’ll encounter towering enemies and challenging puzzles on your quest to unravel Ori’s destiny.

Less than $10 now.  I almost picked it up for $15 of wallet credit in the Winter sale, won't miss it now.

22 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

They’re not Microsoft games, are they? They’re on Switch, so I figured that they could be on PS4 as well.

Both games are published by Xbox Game Studios. They have a good relationship with Nintendo (which is why you're seeing Steve and Banjo in Smash) so they also put the game on the switch.