Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (02/21): Shadow of the Erdtree DLC "Collector's Edition Messmer the Impaler Statue" trailer

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You will be all over it just watch 😆 

The fuck I will. From Software games are over my skill level. With no way to lower the difficulty I always will become stuck at some point and then it becomes not fun. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (02/21): "Shadow of the Erdtree" expansion to release on June 21 ($40 Standard/$50 Deluxe)

Holy reused assets, Batman!

I mean, I don't care, but I noticed a lot of things I have seen in previous FromSoft games being repurposed and reskinned. A lot of the boss attacks shown look very familiar. The Lanky guy reminds me of Gale or something similar. The Lion's animations seem familiar as well, but I couldn't tell you what from exactly.

It's pretty normal FromSoft tho, so

:shrug:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I got you baby!

Jason Bateman | Know Your Meme

e316fdba457c979b0b2015f54b8812f6.png

BATEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't take back what I said!

But I thank you :kiss:

But yeah, thanks a bunch! I appreciate this shit, always.

• Hugs 1

I never entered NG+. I wonder if I can access the DLC with the game being over.

I'm unsure if I wanna start over or continue on my Finished Character.

It will really depend on whether there is some advantage to starting over or not. Like, maybe the DLC will give a new ending and I might want to start over for that.

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Here's everything you need to know about the Shadow of the Erdtree DLC for Elden Ring, including Shadow of the Erdtree …

Thanks to Eurogamer's own interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki, we got some juicy details about what to expect from Elden Ring's upcoming DLC. Be sure to read it for a full breakdown, but in short, here's everything we know about the Shadow of the Erdtree DLC for Elden Ring:

• It's FromSoftware's largest expansion yet - Miyazaki said this DLC is "our largest expansion to date in terms of overall volume".
  • The DLC takes place in a brand new map larger than Limgrave - Although fresh new areas await, Shadow of the Erdtree includes a similar structure to the original game. There are field areas, legacy dungeons, and other dungeons of varying scale. Miyazaki says "In terms of pure surface area, you could think of something larger even than Limgrave in the base game".
  • Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin has not provided fresh material - On George R. R. Martin's involvement, Miyazaki explains: "essentially it is the same as it was with the base game. The DLC Shadow of the Erdtree is based on one part of that original mythos that he penned for us. It's not a brand new mythos that he's written specifically for Shadow of the Erdtree, he has not created something new which informed the design of the DLC. It's simply another part of the original story that we thought fit to tell as a new expansion."
  • There are over 10 new boss fights - A few were glimpsed in the trailer, but be prepared to prove your Tarnished might against 10 new bosses in Shadow of the Erdtree.
  • Eight new weapon categories have been added - On top of new weapons, equipment and skills, we're getting eight brand new weapon categories to experiment with.
  • It will be as difficult as the Malenia boss fight - RIP to us all, as Shadow of the Erdtree continues FromSoftware's tradition of brutal challenges in DLC. Miyazaki explains "We wanted to provide these challenging encounters and these menacing threats, and in order to do that, we wanted to give the player a lot of freedom of approach. We wanted them to feel free in how they choose and when they choose to approach and tackle these hardships."
  • Field and dungeon areas are more seamlessly interconnected - We've seen haunted grasslands, fiery caverns, and mystical ruins in the trailer, but in regards to the noticeable divide between open fields and secluded dungeon areas in the base game, Miyazaki says that in the DLC "We wanted to go more in depth and bring a denser and richer level design, which brings these types of layout together a little more seamlessly. There of course will be large open areas, there of course will be legacy dungeons, but we've also experimented with something a little more in-between these as well to bring a more diverse gameplay experience".
  • Poison swamps return - Because of course they do. Miyazaki explains that poison swamps were "actually a point of introspection for me after creating the base game. It was only after creating it that I realised I really like to create poisoned swamps… So maybe, when players reach the poisoned swamp in the DLC, they will feel a little bit of this retrospection". I'm not sure it's anything close to retrospection I'll personally be feeling, but each to their own.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It will be as difficult as the Malenia boss fight - RIP to us all, as Shadow of the Erdtree continues FromSoftware's tradition of brutal challenges in DLC. Miyazaki explains "We wanted to provide these challenging encounters and these menacing threats, and in order to do that, we wanted to give the player a lot of freedom of approach. We wanted them to feel free in how they choose and when they choose to approach and tackle these hardships."

Like, the whole DLC? Seems a bit unlikely, nor do I want the whole DLC to be that "hard". Malenia is not a boss I enjoyed fighting and I'll never fight her "honestly" again (solo melee-only no magic/summons).