Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (02/21): Shadow of the Erdtree DLC "Collector's Edition Messmer the Impaler Statue" trailer

5 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

This is what I saw online:

WWW.THEWINDOWSCLUB.COM

Fix Connection errors on Elden Ring - Connectin error occurred, Unable to connect to the network, Cannot connect to the server due to heavy load.

I would try changing your DNS first:

I went to settings to configure and I hit something which prompted me to restart. Then I booted up the game and I'm now connected! Thanks a lot for looking out. 

Man, I cannot figure out how to equip items to my d-pad. Also, nobody is joining online and I tried for almost a half hour. Now, it's not a main boss but one of the first in the cave where the wolves are in. Will that have something to do with it?

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Man, I cannot figure out how to equip items to my d-pad. Also, nobody is joining online and I tried for almost a half hour. Now, it's not a main boss but one of the first in the cave where the wolves are in. Will that have something to do with it?

It just occurred to me that I could have put down my sign just to see if it is working for you. Since we are both on steam it should work out. Perhaps next time.

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It just occurred to me that I could have put down my sign just to see if it is working for you. Since we are both on steam it should work out. Perhaps next time.

It worked great this go around. I just beat two bosses and made good progress. I finally figured out how to map items, too. 😆 

My help from online were beasts. 

• Hype 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

It worked great this go around. I just beat two bosses and made good progress. I finally figured out how to map items, too. 😆 

One thing to note is you get less runes for killing bosses when you summon for help, whether you summon a real person or one of the few NPC sigils. Bosses are also harder with more HP and damage. Spirit Ashe summons don't affect rune drops though. Getting runes for levelling vigor helps so much in the early game.

6 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

One thing to note is you get less runes for killing bosses when you summon for help, whether you summon a real person or one of the few NPC sigils. Bosses are also harder with more HP and damage. Spirit Ashe summons don't affect rune drops though. Getting runes for levelling vigor helps so much in the early game.

That's fine because most bosses I can't beat on my own. I'll keep that in mind about leveling vigor early on. 

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That's fine because most bosses I can't beat on my own. I'll keep that in mind about leveling vigor early on. 

Get the 30 vigor quickly, which should be enough for Limgrave, Liurnia, and parts of Altus and Caelid. Have 40+ for Mountaintops. 50+ for the final boss rush, Mohgwyn, and Haligtree. Don't need go over 60 vigor until new game plus. If you find yourself getting better at the game then 40-50 Vigor is a good place stop to keep you from getting one/two shot and you can put more levels into damage stats.

• Halal 1

I’ll probably wait until June to start my replay, but I’m excited for it. 

I was trying to think of the last DLC I bought, thinking it’s probably been years. Then I remembered Phantom Liberty - which I haven’t played yet. :lol:

• Halal 1

@stepee I have come to the conclusion that Elden Ring looks the very best on my deck compared to all my other games. 

I was playing FF7 and thought this looks great. Then I fired up Elden Ring and it fucking POPS! Simply beautiful. 

Just thought I'd share. :p

2 hours ago, stepee said:

So do we know if we can carry over our same stats/character for sure or not?

Yes, it carries over and from what I can tell carries over both ways. You can teleport to/from the DLC and the main game and any graces. It'll be a new area on the map that you have to do a "quest" for to access much like you have to do to access Haligtree or Mohgwyn Palace. Specifically, you have to beat Mohg to gain access to it.

• Thanks 1
  • Hype 1

OK, now level 319 and I’m about to clear the game for the third time. My current build is focused on poise and damage negation.

Bull goat armor

Blasphemous blade 

With buffs, 130 poise and 70% damage mitigation,2500 HP

This is a fun build if you want to feel like a wrecking ball! 

• Shocked 2
  • Hype 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

@stepee I have come to the conclusion that Elden Ring looks the very best on my deck compared to all my other games. 

I was playing FF7 and thought this looks great. Then I fired up Elden Ring and it fucking POPS! Simply beautiful. 

Just thought I'd share. :p

It’s up there for me too because the art is what really makes the game shine, it got special attention to run great on deck, and the hdr really pops on it.

• Halal 1

20 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

OK, now level 319 and I’m about to clear the game for the third time. My current build is focused on poise and damage negation.

Bull goat armor

Blasphemous blade 

With buffs, 130 poise and 70% damage mitigation,2500 HP

This is a fun build if you want to feel like a wrecking ball! 

I cannot even grasp how you are at the level you are. You have serious skills and patience. And brain power that I'm lacking lol. 

Just now, best3444 said:

I cannot even grasp how you are at the level you are. You have serious skills and patience. And brain power that I'm lacking lol. 

The secret is podcasts. My wife and I listen to quite a few of these on weekends/holidays. While we listen, I tend to grind in games I really like. So I’m not getting tired of it because I’m only half paying attention to the game. Please don’t tell the turtle people I’m just winging it, they see me as their hell bent anti-Christ. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

The secret is podcasts. My wife and I listen to quite a few of these on weekends/holidays. While we listen, I tend to grind in games I really like. So I’m not getting tired of it because I’m only half paying attention to the game. Please don’t tell the turtle people I’m just winging it, they see me as their hell bent anti-Christ. 

Ah so the secret is your wife is the good gamer and has been leveling you up this whole time! :o

• Haha 1
  • True 1

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Of course I do. I just said the other day you could have summoned me into your game because we both have a steam version. :p

Lol I don't recall that. I've been summoning a lot and it always works. You were correct that this game is really active still. Originally when I said nobody was joining i wasn't doing it correctly. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Lol I don't recall that.

Eh? It's on this same page and you even replied to it.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:44 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

On 2/22/2024 at 2:49 PM, best3444 said:

Learn from their setups. Message them and ask what's your setup etc. Definitely helps getting outside the box when you get in a sword and board rut or whatever

31 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Learn from their setups. Message them and ask what's your setup etc. Definitely helps getting outside the box when you get in a sword and board rut or whatever

4 minutes ago, Dodger said:

You just gotta go YouTube Elden ring builds and there millions of them. Surely one would catch your interest.

Yea I can just YouTube builds. I'm playing how I see fit and just having fun. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea I can just YouTube builds. I'm playing how I see fit and just having fun. 

Yeah that's all fun and games until Melania craps you out like your taco Tuesday. In my experience players that have challenges with the game can benefit from powerful ranged attacks. The in your face style.. Well unless you're letmesoloher good luck

On 2/22/2024 at 8:19 PM, best3444 said:

On a fuckin roll now. Beat Margit just now and actually contributed a lot in the fight. But the coop aspect is so nice. I cannot believe I'm playing this handheld and it looks as good as console. Amazing stuff. 

I envy you man. I've almost pulled the trigger on a steam deck a couple of times lately