Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (05/21): Shadow of the Erdtree "Story Trailer"

17 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I forgot to ask this a few days ago. Did anyone else feel wrong Killing the Ancestor Spirit? Like seriously, even the music made me feel like I was doing a terrible thing.

Actually, yes. That whole area feels wrong to "invade". It's way too gorgeous. 

7 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I haven't gotten to whatever you're talking about yet but the only time I've ever felt bad killing a boss in these games was Sif in the first one, because Sif is the goodest of good boys. 

Its an optional thing and you don't have to be very strong to beat him, in fact once you figure it out its really laid back.

I didn't make as much progress as I wanted this evening. I leveled up twice (level 73 now), looted a bunch, and only beat one boss. Up north west I don't know how to continue to open up the map. Its a dead end lol.

@stepee to get easy runes you must unlock this part of the map. I think you are pretty damn early so I don't know if you have access yet or not. It's way up northeast in Caelid at the site of grace called "Lennes Rise". Below is a YouTube video to help you out. 

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I didn't make as much progress as I wanted this evening. I leveled up twice (level 73 now), looted a bunch, and only beat one boss. Up north west I don't know how to continue to open up the map. Its a dead end lol.

@stepee to get easy runes you must unlock this part of the map. I think you are pretty damn early so I don't know if you have access yet or not. It's way up northeast in Caelid at the site of grace called "Lennes Rise". Below is a YouTube video to help you out. 

Hide contents

I think that stops working after awhile i was grinding the militia enemies near the beast lair. Also someone found a better one where u get 2000 a pop.

4 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I think that stops working after awhile i was grinding the militia enemies near the beast lair. Also someone found a better one where u get 2000 a pop.

It's been working for me since day 1. If you only do the first ball you basically get 2K runes. It's still a great farming place.

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It's been working for me since day 1. If you only do the first ball you basically get 2K runes. It's still a great farming place.

It's good but you should move on once you get a high enough level. I think the guy you meet at the start of the world gives you the item to that place with 2k xp enemies. Also after besting the main boss of Caelid there is a grave site to the north of where you fight him. It has ghosts that spawn and fight. If you ever wanna do something else you can go there and just AFK. You do neex to reset the fights every so oftrn though.

• Thanks 1

I just mostly get my runes by exploration, but when Im only a few thousand away from a level and I get to a site of grace, ill go kill 5 giants. I don't do any farming. I get more than enough just exploring.

Today I killed a bunch of dragons and bell bearing hunters, found a cool samurai dex sword, cleaned up some liurna bosses I had missed. Got a few different sets of armor, one of them I've been using

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

wtf I swear it used to be that when I died I could get all my ruins back, now it seems to also deduct 1k ruins? Am I doing some weird spec causing it or what’s the deal? That sucks and makes grinding more stressful and less fun now.

This happened to me too. I don’t know why it happened either. But that was about 10 hrs of gameplay ago and hasn’t done it since. idk

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

wtf I swear it used to be that when I died I could get all my ruins back, now it seems to also deduct 1k ruins? Am I doing some weird spec causing it or what’s the deal? That sucks and makes grinding more stressful and less fun now.

Pro Tip: Don’t die. 

Yo I was fucking around last night and I think I found a way to accidentally kinda cheat lmao.

I had lost to Margit a bunch of times while being level 18 even though I almost took him down a couple times. Anyway I got a little frustrated and decided to explore the south of the beginning area. Pretty sure my ass went in an area I wasn’t supposed to and I got transported to some area named Caelid. 

I’m fairly positive that it’s an end game area. Anyway I went riding around on horseback and I aggrod this giant ass bird and a bunch of TRex dogs. I went running toward this castle area and all of a sudden my runes started gaining by massive amounts. Turns out the creatures were fighting a human camp and I was reaping the rewards. Gained over 20k runes in a flash. Took down Margit at lvl 25. Good times.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

It seems that in Legacy Dungeons, when you die, you lose like 30% of your runes each time.  It's only happened in the large main story Dungeons that I've noticed.

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Yo I was fucking around last night and I think I found a way to accidentally kinda cheat lmao.

I had lost to Margit a bunch of times while being level 18 even though I almost took him down a couple times. Anyway I got a little frustrated and decided to explore the south of the beginning area. Pretty sure my ass went in an area I wasn’t supposed to and I got transported to some area named Caelid. 

I’m fairly positive that it’s an end game area. Anyway I went riding around on horseback and I aggrod this giant ass bird and a bunch of TRex dogs. I went running toward this castle area and all of a sudden my runes started gaining by massive amounts. Turns out the creatures were fighting a human camp and I was reaping the rewards. Gained over 20k runes in a flash. Took down Margit at lvl 25. Good times.

All's fair in love and Elden Ring. 

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Nah you didn't cheat. If they didn't want you to check that area out, they wouldn't have put that warp chest there. Most people in here, or all, did that I think?

It's a really great way to induce that 'oh fuck I shouldn't be here' part of exploration that makes coming back later so satisfying.

• True 1

2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

It seems that in Legacy Dungeons, when you die, you lose like 30% of your runes each time.  It's only happened in the large main story Dungeons that I've noticed.

Oh, ok, that’s kinda lame but that’s fine I’ll just find grinding areas outside of those places. I assume anywhere I can spawn my horse is safe then. 

Im level 41 now and beat Golddick with coop summons and also beat some grim reaper boat thingy boss alll by myself like a big boy, though it was like a side boss. I’m out of the castle and heading north now pretty far up but haven’t found the next “thing” just yet. I know I was supposed to clear that castle area and gold dick but Im not even sure what I got for that or why I couldn’t just go around.

I definitely like this a lot though, I’m glad I decided to give it a shot for $45 on cdkeys, I just barely decided to give it a shot at all. Once I realized it was castlevania it really clicked for me. Besides the bosses which for the most part they can fuck off but since you can use the coop pools to carry you through it’s not too bad so far. By the end game I plan to absolutely do whatever I can to cheese my way through as easily as possible thats for sure. They absolutely 100% could just have a mode where the bosses aren’t so difficult lol.

• True 1

I killed Morgott 1st try today, kinda mistakenly found him.  No clue if I'm doing this in the right order, as he's my 3rd Main Boss I've killed.

The story has kinda lost me.  I knew where I was going through first 2 zones, now I am kinda just moving forward.  Still having a ton of fun.

So I got the Bloodhound's Fang. Is this the sword @Xbob42 ran around naked to get?

There's a super easy way to get this sword and you barely have to fight the guy. Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but:

Spoiler

If you've visited the mistwood forest and you hear a wolf howling

Go back to the Church of Ellah where the first shopkeeper is and talk to him. He teaches you a gesture

Spoiler

Go to where he tells you to use the gesture which is next to the bear in the ruins in the forest. Some wolf dude appears and says "If you see Dariwell tell me."

So Dariwell happens to be the boss of  the Forlorn Hound Evergaol south of the SoG Agheel Lake South.

When you enter the arena a summon sign for the wolf guy appears. Summon him and he will woop the guy's ass! :o

• Shocked 1