Uncharted Film To Release In 2020

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

He was 100% chosen because he’s young and thanks to the Marvel and Spider-Man movies he’s got audience draw to pull more people to the movie. 

They could have picked plenty of other guys who have drawing power and at least resemble Drake. I also don’t think Tom Holland is going to pull that many people into seeing a video game movie. 

Do we know anything about the time period/story of the movie? With this casting, it seems like they're trying to fill the gap between the main story and the flashbacks with a young adult Nathan Drake. That might make more sense than trying to just retell the story of one of the games. 

Sounds like most people in this thread don't know the Uncharted movie is planning on starring a young Nathan Drake, and other than height, Tom Holland can certainly look like a 20-something Nathan Drake. Tom Holland is 23 years old. And that's beneficial because if it does well he could theoretically do sequels for a long time, being young still.

13 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Sounds like most people in this thread don't know the Uncharted movie is planning on starring a young Nathan Drake, and other than height, Tom Holland can certainly look like a 20-something Nathan Drake. Tom Holland is 23 years old. And that's beneficial because if it does well he could theoretically do sequels for a long time, being young still.

I think it’s clear they’re going for young Drake. He still looks nothing like Drake. 

Most people complaining about this seem to forget he has a gymnastics background and can parkour quite well. I don’t know if there are many leading man types right now who has the physical skills that Tom Holland has. If they allow him to perform some of his own stunts then this could be quite cool.

10 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Most people complaining about this seem to forget he has a gymnastics background and can parkour quite well. I don’t know if there are many leading man types right now who has the physical skills that Tom Holland has. If they allow him to perform some of his own stunts then this could be quite cool.

Honestly that doesn't matter. It's not a matter of him being able to do his own stunts that bothers me, it's that he doesn't fit the mold of the Nathan Drake I've come to know over the course of 4 games (hours upon hours of gameplay). Granted it might not matter to the masses as tons of people have no clue what Uncharted even is, but he just doesn't fit the mold of an action hero. Yes, I know he's freaking Spider-Man, a big damn hero, but I think you know what I mean.  Perhaps he could pull off a teenage Drake, but as others have pointed out. young Drake sucks! :p 

It doesn't take a ton of imagination to picture a movie involving a young Drake that plays out similarly to the main stories in the games. He had to start going on those adventures at some point. 

They probably aren't going to make a movie that's 2 hours of a kid climbing around a mansion or whatever happened in those sections. 

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Young Drake was boring as fuck, though.

Yeah, I don't think they'll be going for that in the movie.

2 hours ago, johnny said:

I think it’s clear they’re going for young Drake. He still looks nothing like Drake. 

First of all, they'll be able to create a close enough approximation. Good acting will theoretically take care of the rest. I'm much less concerned about Tom Holland and more concerned whether this will be a good movie regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

First of all, they'll be able to create a close enough approximation. Good acting will theoretically take care of the rest. I'm much less concerned about Tom Holland and more concerned whether this will be a good movie regardless. 

With the exception of the Castlevania series on Netflix, I remain incredibly skeptical of any video game adaptation. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

With the exception of the Castlevania series on Netflix, I remain incredibly skeptical of any video game adaptation. 

Same. They definitely have an uphill battle to climb to convince me this will be any good, especially as I'm a fan of the games. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

As am I. 

But I was also a huge fan of Resident Evil and we know how those movies went. :p 

Oi vey, seriously. I did watch them all though being a fan of Resident Evil. :p 

They are nothing like the games (as I'm sure you know) but stupid fun in the vein of Mortal Kombat, another film from the same writer/director as the RE movies (Paul W.S. Anderson). Not worth anyone's time ultimately unless you need a drinking game movie or something. 

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

Oi vey, seriously. I did watch them all though being a fan of Resident Evil. :p 

They are nothing like the games (as I'm sure you know) but stupid fun in the vein of Mortal Kombat, another film from the same writer/director as the RE movies (Paul W.S. Anderson). Not worth anyone's time ultimately unless you need a drinking game movie or something. 

I think the 5th one was the last one I saw? Or maybe it was 4. I'm not sure. Whichever it was, we were all like "yeah, done with these" after we saw it. :p

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I think the 5th one was the last one I saw? Or maybe it was 4. I'm not sure. Whichever it was, we were all like "yeah, done with these" after we saw it. :p

Haha yeah I think I saw the first 5 as well. There are six! I'll have to finish it someday?

Interestingly, the three canon CG animated Resident Evil movies are pretty good (especially the newest one) though they are also equally as stupid/dumb/bombastic as the live-action movies, but at least with the RE characters. I enjoyed them well enough when I saw them at least. 

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Haha yeah I think I saw the first 5 as well. There are six! I'll have to finish it someday?

Interestingly, the three canon CG animated Resident Evil movies are pretty good (especially the newest one) though they are also equally as stupid/dumb/bombastic as the live-action movies, but at least with the RE characters. I enjoyed them well enough when I saw them at least. 

I did see the first CGI movie and it wasn't bad. Corny, yes, but since it had the actual characters form the series, I enjoyed it more. I knew there was another, but I didn't know there were three. 

I just don't watch a ton of movies.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

What I’m saying is that the choice of Drake already doesn’t inspire any confidence in the movie because of who they chose. 

• 2 months later...