Jump to content

Uncharted Film To Release In 2020


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

He was 100% chosen because he’s young and thanks to the Marvel and Spider-Man movies he’s got audience draw to pull more people to the movie. 

They could have picked plenty of other guys who have drawing power and at least resemble Drake. I also don’t think Tom Holland is going to pull that many people into seeing a video game movie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do we know anything about the time period/story of the movie? With this casting, it seems like they're trying to fill the gap between the main story and the flashbacks with a young adult Nathan Drake. That might make more sense than trying to just retell the story of one of the games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like most people in this thread don't know the Uncharted movie is planning on starring a young Nathan Drake, and other than height, Tom Holland can certainly look like a 20-something Nathan Drake. Tom Holland is 23 years old. And that's beneficial because if it does well he could theoretically do sequels for a long time, being young still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Sounds like most people in this thread don't know the Uncharted movie is planning on starring a young Nathan Drake, and other than height, Tom Holland can certainly look like a 20-something Nathan Drake. Tom Holland is 23 years old. And that's beneficial because if it does well he could theoretically do sequels for a long time, being young still.

I think it’s clear they’re going for young Drake. He still looks nothing like Drake. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most people complaining about this seem to forget he has a gymnastics background and can parkour quite well. I don’t know if there are many leading man types right now who has the physical skills that Tom Holland has. If they allow him to perform some of his own stunts then this could be quite cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Most people complaining about this seem to forget he has a gymnastics background and can parkour quite well. I don’t know if there are many leading man types right now who has the physical skills that Tom Holland has. If they allow him to perform some of his own stunts then this could be quite cool.

 

Honestly that doesn't matter. It's not a matter of him being able to do his own stunts that bothers me, it's that he doesn't fit the mold of the Nathan Drake I've come to know over the course of 4 games (hours upon hours of gameplay). Granted it might not matter to the masses as tons of people have no clue what Uncharted even is, but he just doesn't fit the mold of an action hero. Yes, I know he's freaking Spider-Man, a big damn hero, but I think you know what I mean.  Perhaps he could pull off a teenage Drake, but as others have pointed out. young Drake sucks! :p 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn't take a ton of imagination to picture a movie involving a young Drake that plays out similarly to the main stories in the games. He had to start going on those adventures at some point. 

 

They probably aren't going to make a movie that's 2 hours of a kid climbing around a mansion or whatever happened in those sections. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Young Drake was boring as fuck, though.

 

Yeah, I don't think they'll be going for that in the movie.

 

2 hours ago, johnny said:

I think it’s clear they’re going for young Drake. He still looks nothing like Drake. 

 

First of all, they'll be able to create a close enough approximation. Good acting will theoretically take care of the rest. I'm much less concerned about Tom Holland and more concerned whether this will be a good movie regardless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

 

Yeah, I don't think they'll be going for that in the movie.

 

 

First of all, they'll be able to create a close enough approximation. Good acting will theoretically take care of the rest. I'm much less concerned about Tom Holland and more concerned whether this will be a good movie regardless. 

With the exception of the Castlevania series on Netflix, I remain incredibly skeptical of any video game adaptation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

As am I. 

 

But I was also a huge fan of Resident Evil and we know how those movies went. :p 

 

Oi vey, seriously. I did watch them all though being a fan of Resident Evil. :p 

 

They are nothing like the games (as I'm sure you know) but stupid fun in the vein of Mortal Kombat, another film from the same writer/director as the RE movies (Paul W.S. Anderson). Not worth anyone's time ultimately unless you need a drinking game movie or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

 

Oi vey, seriously. I did watch them all though being a fan of Resident Evil. :p 

 

They are nothing like the games (as I'm sure you know) but stupid fun in the vein of Mortal Kombat, another film from the same writer/director as the RE movies (Paul W.S. Anderson). Not worth anyone's time ultimately unless you need a drinking game movie or something. 

I think the 5th one was the last one I saw? Or maybe it was 4. I'm not sure. Whichever it was, we were all like "yeah, done with these" after we saw it. :p

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I think the 5th one was the last one I saw? Or maybe it was 4. I'm not sure. Whichever it was, we were all like "yeah, done with these" after we saw it. :p

 

Haha yeah I think I saw the first 5 as well. There are six! I'll have to finish it someday?

 

Interestingly, the three canon CG animated Resident Evil movies are pretty good (especially the newest one) though they are also equally as stupid/dumb/bombastic as the live-action movies, but at least with the RE characters. I enjoyed them well enough when I saw them at least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

 

Haha yeah I think I saw the first 5 as well. There are six! I'll have to finish it someday?

 

Interestingly, the three canon CG animated Resident Evil movies are pretty good (especially the newest one) though they are also equally as stupid/dumb/bombastic as the live-action movies, but at least with the RE characters. I enjoyed them well enough when I saw them at least. 

I did see the first CGI movie and it wasn't bad. Corny, yes, but since it had the actual characters form the series, I enjoyed it more. I knew there was another, but I didn't know there were three. 

 

I just don't watch a ton of movies.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

 

Yeah, I don't think they'll be going for that in the movie.

 

 

First of all, they'll be able to create a close enough approximation. Good acting will theoretically take care of the rest. I'm much less concerned about Tom Holland and more concerned whether this will be a good movie regardless. 

What I’m saying is that the choice of Drake already doesn’t inspire any confidence in the movie because of who they chose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...