Uncharted Film To Release In 2020

There must be something crazy going on behind the scenes of this movie. Tom Holland just starred in Sony's highest grossing film ever, Trachtenburg loves video games and seemed very enthused about the project, I imagine he was probably pretty cheap to get, and (unlike Bioshock or Halo) there isn't anything about Uncharted that demands a crazy budget. Something is making this film much harder to make than it should be.

• 1 month later...

I don’t think it matters if an actor *looks* like a character in an adaptation, unless how they look is a central part of the character. I’ve only played the original demo of Uncharted, but Drake seems to be a pretty unremarkable looking character so I can’t imagine his appearance matters much to whether this flick is good or not.

I maintain that Holland is a great fit for a 20ish Drake. And if that's what they're going for, they'll be able to make the story just about anything since that period isn't covered in the games (that I can remember). Whether or not people will show up for that movie or if it'll be any good... who knows?