Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

40 minutes ago, legend said:

Get the full party to join you, even if you're off put by them at first.

Use shove liberally around any cliffs or pits you see.

Be aware that there are two kinds of actions: your main action, and a bonus action. But they are not interchangeable (without some perks), so they let you do different things.

Give Gale light armor.

You can "knock out" rather than kill enemies if you go to passives and choose non-lethal and defeat them with a melee attack (as opposed to magic)

With the latest patch, when you find Minthara and if you're playing "good" side, knock her out, don't kill her.

- Don't ask Bacon what to do

• Haha 1
  • True 1

so 25 hours in and I just learned how to unlock chests and doors without bashing them and how to use my torch to light up dark areas lol.  Shows you how great this game is because I don't mind exploring and taking forever to figure things out. It's literally one of the best RPG's I have ever played. Guess I'm a nerd now.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Biggie said:

so 25 hours in and I just learned how to unlock chests and doors without bashing them and how to use my torch to light up dark areas lol.  Shows you how great this game is because I don't mind exploring and taking forever to figure things out. It's literally one of the best RPG's I have ever played. Guess I'm a nerd now.

Divinity Original Sin 2, the developers prior game, was perhaps even more arcane in how to do things, but in a pleasant way. That is, there were all kinds of cool mechanics you had to figure out just by interacting with things.

Want to be able to heal outside of combat? Get a bed roll and use it. You can carry it with you in your inventory so it's always available.

Want to stop slipping on ice? Craft your boots with some nails to get boots with nails that don't slip.

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, legend said:

Divinity Original Sin 2, the developers prior game, was perhaps even more arcane in how to do things, but in a pleasant way. That is, there were all kinds of cool mechanics you had to figure out just by interacting with things.

Want to be able to heal outside of combat? Get a bed roll and use it. You can carry it with you in your inventory so it's always available.

Want to stop slipping on ice? Craft your boots with some nails to get boots with nails that don't slip.

When I found out carrying a shovel allowed be to dig up chests I had a shit eating grin on my face. 

• Confused 1
  • Hype 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

When I found out carrying a shovel allowed be to dig up chests I had a shit eating grin on my face. 

You didn't get a shovel and dig in the beginning of the game? I thought I was brain dead...

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I might have too which sucks. I started that game over twice. But I'm dying to get back to it so if I have to start over then so be it. 

It’s a good enough game that I wouldn’t mind to be honest 

Putting this in spoilers because I know there’s at least 3 people ITT who haven’t beaten the game yet, but it’s about future DLC (just speculations):

Spoiler

So, the update that added more epilogue stuff, alongside cries from players, seems to point to an Avernus-based DLC to save/fix Karlach. HOWEVER, for this to be true there has to be other stakes as a lot of players either never recruited Karlach, let her die, or let her turn into a mindflayer. I’m just curious as to what other reason there could be for “the gang to get back together” to head into Arvernus. :thinking:

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Putting this in spoilers because I know there’s at least 3 people ITT who haven’t beaten the game yet, but it’s about future DLC (just speculations):

Reveal hidden contents

I had the exact same thoughts. I'm also hoping it includes a way to

Spoiler

De-mindflayer myself. I mean, Karlach also could have become a mindflayer, so if they're going to include fixing her, they might need to include that option too!

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I'm 27 hours and 58 minutes on this second play thru. Working my way thru the underground and I believe nearing Act 2.

Nice job. Underdark is easy but once I got through it I wasn't at the correct level to start act 2. I got absolutely destroyed in the beginning of act 2 lol. 

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Nice job. Underdark is easy but once I got through it I wasn't at the correct level to start act 2. I got absolutely destroyed in the beginning of act 2 lol. 

everyone is level 5

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Just crossed the 100 hour mark. I have no idea how far I am haha. Somewhere in Act 3. 

ive been playing since launch (but havent been gaming much at all these last few months). Im about 95hrs, deep in to act 3. game is so good, but its such a time commitment to progress, which is why i havent been able to finish it yet. hopefully in the next month, ill finally have it complete. lol

13 hours ago, atom631 said:

ive been playing since launch (but havent been gaming much at all these last few months). Im about 95hrs, deep in to act 3. game is so good, but its such a time commitment to progress, which is why i havent been able to finish it yet. hopefully in the next month, ill finally have it complete. lol

Same, I haven’t played a ton over the last month. I usually don’t play it unless I have a couple hours. But that’s the only reason. At no point have I felt like it was dragging or that I wanted to “push through” just to get to the end. 

Something that's great about Act 3 is it's place not just for "the" ending, but lots of endings. Every origin party member gets a very satisfying ending to their personal arc, with different possible outcomes (okay, Karlach's is debatably up in their air still, but we might still get something for that later). And it's not handled second class, it has some really epic and emotional finales for them. And if you play Dark Urge, you also get your own personal ending in addition to "the" ending too!

Those of you who haven't finished also get the benefit that you'll get to finish the game with the added epilogue. Its original ending without it much to abrupt and was the only real criticism I had about the game. But the epilogue that's there now does the game justice.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

How do you use the forge?  

You gotta turn on the lava first which will trigger a boss fight, then insert a mold then put the ore on the smasher part then pull the lever.

The lava has to be on for everything to work so you might have to turn it on again after the boss fight.

Also only do the Splint Armor (Heavy) or the Scale Mail (Medium) or the Shield. All of the weapons are garbage. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

You gotta turn on the lava first which will trigger a boss fight, then insert a mold then put the ore on the smasher part then pull the lever.

The lava has to be on for everything to work so you might have to turn it on again after the boss fight.

Also only do the Splint Armor (Heavy) or the Scale Mail (Medium) or the Shield. All of the weapons are garbage. 

ok so pull the lever and fight that fire monster walking around in the lava?

21 minutes ago, Biggie said:

ok so pull the lever and fight that fire monster walking around in the lava?

The boss will be invulnerable unless it goes through the lava (it will be glowing when its vulnerable). So if he becomes invunerable you have to turn on the lava again and lure him through it. You can kill it by luring him in to the smasher and hitting the lever. Alternatively its vunerable to bludgening weapons so you can arm a fighter or barbarian with a bludgening type weapon and use the rest of your party to buff/heal the shit out of them while they go to town (ie haste, buffing potions)

• Thanks 1