Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Man, it's giga-cheating. If you are a level 12 fighter and a level 8 paladin, you are gonna be swole AF. You could have 9 fuckin' smites in one turn.

The stats/attributes don’t change after level 12, just the spells/moves/abilities/whatever you call them that you gain on the class level. There is a level 20 mod that adds attribute gains too, but I don’t use that one.

13 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I couldn’t remember off the top of my head because I used a mod to go higher. :p  Either way, this isn’t a JRPG that you can really grind with. Unless you’re modding there’s a limited number of exp available for each Act.

I think his level is fine because there is still actually a lot of act 1 left, but I was level 6 when I started Act 2.

5 minutes ago, legend said:

I think his level is fine because there is still actually a lot of act 1 left, but I was level 6 when I started Act 2.

My goal is to be at least level 5. But I'm really taking my time in act 1 and making sure I do whats available to me. 

Last playthrough I moved on the Act 2 at level 4 and got absolutely demolished. 

• Halal 1

Back in the early access of Baldur's Gate 3, a player by the name of Solfalia wrote a heartfelt thank-you to Larian Studios. His father had been recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, and it was unlikely that he would be able to play the full game: "This is more than an Early Access for me, it's another adventure I can go on with my old man and make some good memories."

In a follow-up post on the game's forums, Solfalia confirmed that he "did end up playing with him that Christmas, and it was good fun—we enjoyed remembering the old BG2 days and getting into trouble in the new one."

What's more, Solfalia explained that after his initial post, one of the writers from the game reached out: "It turns out my message had resonated with quite a few of you, as many of us have experienced the struggle of a family member with Alzheimer's or Dementia, and superwriter"—a name he chooses to respect the writer's privacy—"was emailing me to ask if I would be open to having something included in the game to honour my father."

Once the game launched, Solfalia asked where he could find the tribute, saying that he didn't want to miss it during his playthrough. "I was expecting a mention in a random book, or a plaque, but I was secretly hoping for a NPC with a one-liner"—but it turns out that the superwriter had gone above and beyond. 

They directed Solfalia to the home of one illithid hunter Golbraith, "where the mighty Golbraith Stredivas can be found. A mindflayer hunter of great renown, he has since retired and now spends his days writing—in the hopes of passing his knowledge on to future generations." Journeying there, he discovered Golbraith not only had multiple lines of dialogue, but that the house was littered with heartfelt details. 

"'The stack of letters between Golbraith and his son put a lump in my throat." I decided to boot up the game and head on over myself, having a save in the Lower City—the letters themselves simply read: "A bulging binder of correspondence between Golbraith and his son, lovingly preserved." I also spoke with the NPC himself, whose words are deeply touching.

• Hugs 3

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I keep finding all these rings but none of them tell you what they do? @Bacon

common rings are just to sell

rings that have green, blue, red, and sometimes orange borders have abilities

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Biggie said:

@best3444 after playing BG3 and Starfield extensively last night I can say without a doubt I enjoy BG3 more. 

It's tough to say because they are so different. But I'm really glad BG3 turned out great for you after the shaky start. 

• Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It's tough to say because they are so different. But I'm really glad BG3 turned out great for you after the shaky start. 

And I’m not saying Starfield is ass like Jedi Survivor, it’s a great game but me personally I enjoy BF3 more.  

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

And I’m not saying Starfield is ass like Jedi Survivor, it’s a great game but me personally I enjoy BF3 more.  

I'm about to fire up Jedi Survivor. I'll let you know if it's "ass".

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m 21 and a half hours in but it’s really a lot more than that since I started over. This goblin camp is fucking huge. Clearing it one area at a time. So goooood. 

I'm at 15 hours in the Goblin camp. What level are you?

13 hours ago, Biggie said:

I'm rolling with myself/Karlach/Lae'zel/Shadowheart.  Me, Karlach and Lae'zel wreck shit and I use Shadowheart for range attacks and healing.

Ok. My gang is level 5. They recommend being level 6 to begin act 2. 

14 hours ago, Biggie said:

I’m 21 and a half hours in but it’s really a lot more than that since I started over. This goblin camp is fucking huge. Clearing it one area at a time. So goooood. 

Yeah Act 1 is crazy big. Act 2 is really good with a very different vibe and some excellent story beats, but is the shortest.

I just finished the foundry quest.

Spoiler

I ended up blowing it up. Not a great outcome overall. And I didn’t let the guys kill the last Gondian so I don’t think I can count on their support in the end. I really struggled keeping those little guys alive throughout the entire quest line, and I like those guys. 

3 hours ago, legend said:

Gale is awesome. 

Gale is the only male companion that doesn't annoy me for coming on to me despite me not romancing him because it actually feels like it makes sense for his personality. Haslin on the other hand feels out of nowhere and shoehorned. 

23 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea. He was completely useless but I hear he gets pretty powerful as you go on. 

If you are a full spellcaster like Wizard or Sorceror he defiantly is redundant, but if you are playing a more melee focus having him in the party is a must.  A wizard is a beast and can grow their spell book so much as Larian allows you to learn new cantrips on top of your level spell. Then throw him being an evocation wizard allows you to drop fireballs, wall of fire, and other big spells without worry of hitting your own party.  Nothing beats using the void bombs pulling a bunch of enemies into a small area and then dropping a 5th level fireball on them.  

• Shocked 1

37 minutes ago, Dawnguard2001 said:

If you are a full spellcaster like Wizard or Sorceror he defiantly is redundant, but if you are playing a more melee focus having him in the party is a must.  A wizard is a beast and can grow their spell book so much as Larian allows you to learn new cantrips on top of your level spell. Then throw him being an evocation wizard allows you to drop fireballs, wall of fire, and other big spells without worry of hitting your own party.  Nothing beats using the void bombs pulling a bunch of enemies into a small area and then dropping a 5th level fireball on them.  

Okay I should have told you. I only speak English. 

• Haha 2