Sonic the Hedgehog Trailer

Brian

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No. I want to go home.

I'm not supposed to wear the uniform outside of work.

Then fill it up on weekends? Or on drives that don't involve work - surely you see when you are beginning to run low on gas, and can plan ahead to fill it up? There's a million ways to find a way to get gas while you happen to be out doing something else (outside of work, like a grocery run or something) - wasting more gas on a special trip just to get gas seems asinine to me, but obviously it's your life, do as you like, but there are ways. :) 

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Usually when I get gas I go out and pick something up to eat as well.

But this would still constitute a "special' trip and not a "get gas while going somewhere" trip in my opinion.

If you need the food, then the trip is for the food, with gas on the side. Again, you could get gas when you get groceries, or do other errands. All I'm suggesting is there is no need for a "special" trip, when there are workarounds. 

Either way, does this Sonic fuck? Asking for a friend. :p 

8 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

A 71% on RT is about 50% higher than I expected. I doubt I'll go see it, but good on them for making something decent after it looked like such a disaster.

Some of the positive reviews sound iffy

Sonic the Hedgehog' is more concerned with being a good kid flick that parents will enjoy than it is with being an epic, a blockbuster or a painfully faithful adaptation of its video game source material.

That's the fresh review :p

On 2/14/2020 at 6:59 PM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I was expecting a hilariously bad dumpster fire, but I was pleasantly surprised. It actually would have been sad if they didn’t change the character model of Sonic, because they tried pretty well everywhere else. I recommend it to any fan of the games. 

This was my take, I just got back from seeing it. My brother and I, both big Sonic fans, went to see it expecting it to be so bad it's good or barely good enough for kids, but I was pleasantly surprised. A lot of the jokes land, it's earnest, and there's a great subtextual commentary about animal rights and the misuse of military technology. Carrey is actually quite good as Robotnik (not too over the top, as I had feared) and all the callbacks and easter eggs to the games were cleverly inserted, I felt. The movie also didn't feel too long or drawn out, which is perfect for this kind of movie. The redesign helps immensely, the movie would have been substantially worse with the old design, now having seen the movie with context.

I recommend people see it, knowing it's not an amazing film or anything, but quite fun and enjoyable. 6.5/10, maybe even a 7/10, for what it is. I hope the movie does well because there is a credits stinger and I'm invested enough to care about the sequel now. 

2 hours ago, johnny said:

What was the movies budget after having to re-do Sonic? That’d be impressive if they made a nice profit after that fuck up. 

Which none of the VFX artists will benefit from after having to work overtime to fix him (even though they told the higher ups the initial design was shit, but it was forced on them), and then they all get fired before Christmas!

3 hours ago, Brick said:

Which none of the VFX artists will benefit from after having to work overtime to fix him (even though they told the higher ups the initial design was shit, but it was forced on them), and then they all get fired before Christmas!

Perhaps it was all a marketing ploy. They only made shitty sonic for the trailer to gain attention and the real release was in February.

5 hours ago, Brick said:

I don’t think they got fired, the Vancouver location shut down and they were offered positions at other locations. Expect to see this happen regularly in the VFX industry as the only profitability in the business is the tax increase Rives municipalities hand out. When they run out, those places get shuttered and they chase the next muni that will subsidize their thin margins.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ort said:

I actually saw this movie... like in the theater... it's not that bad.

I mean, it's not great... but you won't want to shoot yourself. It's kinda funny in bits and breezes along.

Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in seeing it, but as an Amazon rental, not as a $25 purchase. 

On 2/16/2020 at 9:32 PM, Emperor Diocletian II said:

The fact that a Sonic the Hedgehog movie is both "decent" and seemingly a financial success is surely a signifier of the End Times.

The signs were all there we just didn't have ears to listen. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, number305 said:

That price is a whole lot more acceptable than what it would cost to take a family to a theater to see it. 

If you'd have taken a whole family than sure, but at most it's me and my girlfriend, which makes it basically break-even with movie tickets, and I don't really feel like paying movie theater to watch this at home.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you'd have taken a whole family than sure, but at most it's me and my girlfriend, which makes it basically break-even with movie tickets, and I don't really feel like paying movie theater to watch this at home.

If you watch it 10 times then it’s like you only paid 1/10th the price you would have at the movie theater. With those savings, can you really afford not to buy it?

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

If you watch it 10 times then it’s like you only paid 1/10th the price you would have at the movie theater. With those savings, can you really afford not to buy it?

55 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Imagine the savings if you watch it 100 times!

d6kew5w-ba4e105c-f4bc-4b3d-82b2-07c40ece