Sonic the Hedgehog Trailer

Brian

I haven't looked around the internet to see anyone else mention it yet. But around 1:55-2:00min into the trailer it looks like Sonic throws a ring at people falling and it portals them to another place. Is this concept from the games? I played the Genesis games a lot as a kid and didn't touch many after that. It's been a long time since I played them though. What's the deal? 

34 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I haven't looked around the internet to see anyone else mention it yet. But around 1:55-2:00min into the trailer it looks like Sonic throws a ring at people falling and it portals them to another place. Is this concept from the games? I played the Genesis games a lot as a kid and didn't touch many after that. It's been a long time since I played them though. What's the deal? 

It could potentially be riffing off how you get into the Special Stage in Sonic 3.

41 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Don’t you get to bonus stages by jumping through a big ring at the end of levels in the 1st Sonic game?

On 4/30/2019 at 10:59 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

It looks like they knew the movie was going to be bad from the start so they are actively trying to make a bad movie. Maybe Paramount is trying to get those Uwe Boll tax cuts.

I’d love to see what Uwe Boll could do with a $200M budget :daydream: 

7 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Don’t you get to bonus stages by jumping through a big ring at the end of levels in the 1st Sonic game?

In some videos of Sonic 1 levels I watched, you would end the level by jumping into a ring. I never thought it actually took him some place though. But it seems we're not alone with this question:

"People Are Wondering Why Sonic Has Dr. Strange Powers" 

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/04/30/people-wondering-why-sonic-doctor-strange-powers/

I kind of hate that he's getting a redesign tbh. But the response to that news online has been more positive than I expected. I guess there's a significant enough demand to convince studios that it's worth spending more time and money on trying to make this film legitimately good?  Why? :lol:

1 hour ago, fuckle85 said:

I kind of hate that he's getting a redesign tbh. But the response to that news online has been more positive than I expected. I guess there's a significant enough demand to convince studios that it's worth spending more time and money on trying to make this film legitimately good?  Why? :lol:

I don't know, maybe so it's actually worth watching?

2 hours ago, fuckle85 said:

I don't know about any of this mostly because there's a backlash against the movie not delaying the release and putting the artists under a ridiculous crunch to change the look of sonic for a movie that's going to be shitty anyway.