~Better Call Saul Season 5 OT~

Just as a heads up to anyone else who was looking forward to this as much as I was:

Vulture did an interview with the "President of Entertainment Networks" for AMC, Sarah Barnett. That interview can be found here and contains a few interesting pieces of news about various AMC shows. 

The news about Better Call Saul is summed up in this article, but the gist of it is that they are delaying the next season until 2020 because Vince Gilligan is tied up with the Breaking Bad movie. 

It seems like a very reasonable thing to do, IMO; as much as I love binging on a season of BCS in the spring, I'd rather they delay it to ensure the standard level of quality. :thumbup:

Also interesting is that they noted that this may be the last season of the show since Breaking Bad was also capped at five seasons and things are quickly catching up to where they were in that show. 

I had read this a few days ago and while initially it was a bit heart breaking, who knows...maybe we get a hell of a finale to BCS that rivals Breaking Bad? Also, knowing we have the movie to look forward to as well is all that much better, the circle shall be complete!

21 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Does it even make new to still do the show? It’s a prequel series and he’s quite a bit older and looks older than the same character years “in the future”.

Maybe pull a 'Parks and Rec' and have the final season jump several years in the future.  Find out what happens to Saul after he moves to Omaha to work at a Cinnabon.  Turn the prequel series into a sequel series.  

:( I don't want to say I expected it, but good things definitely take time. Breaking Bads final season was split in two if I remember correctly so it took forever to get the conclusion. Game of Thrones had a big gap and is finally approaching. At this point I'm used to waiting. 

On 4/7/2019 at 12:00 PM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Does it even make new to still do the show? It’s a prequel series and he’s quite a bit older and looks older than the same character years “in the future”.

Even though it is a prequel series to 'Breaking Bad', it was/is actually filmed after the 'Breaking Bad' filming had ended and the series concluded. That is why the character looks older in it.

On 4/10/2019 at 2:11 PM, Derek said:

Even though it is a prequel series to 'Breaking Bad', it was/is actually filmed after the 'Breaking Bad' filming had ended and the series concluded. That is why the character looks older in it.

keanu reeves woah face GIF

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First two eps were all in all quite good. I keep finding myself wondering the how/where/when of it all with Kim, this other Salamanca character, how Nacho fits into it all. Keep in mind that Saul didn't even show up until season 2 while we now see Emilio & Krazy-8 (the latter facing charges which may very well be how we get Hank & Gomi to show up?) 

Meanwhile, there's a way that Saul is played currently that is actually a bit different once we are introduced to him in BBS2, he comes off more skiddish, fearful even to a point. What made him that way from how we see his more brash/cocky demeanor currently? Also, how does Gus get the lab finished now that he sent away the Germans? There are so many plates spinning and I am loving every moment of it. 

Oh wow I just realized that Nacho's friend that got arrested is the first guy Walt killed in Breaking Bad; the guy they kept in the basement, and killed by choking him with the bicycle lock, and then dissolved in acid. It's been so long since I watched BB, especially the first season.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Oh wow I just realized that Nacho's friend that got arrested is the first guy Walt killed in Breaking Bad; the guy they kept in the basement, and killed by choking him with the bicycle lock, and then dissolved in acid. It's been so long since I watched BB, especially the first season.

Yep, Krazy-8/Domingo!

I've said it before but watching Better Call Saul changes Walt's actions in Breaking Bad (the context of them). We thought he was just bulldozing his way into the criminal underground, but he really tore down a very carefully constructed system that took years to plan and create and maintain.

On 2/26/2020 at 1:20 PM, Brick said:

• 2 weeks later...

Little continuity nitpick: Gomez shouldn't have a goatee. He didn't have one in Breaking Bad until season 4, and when Hank first saw it he made fun of it. :p

(maybe the actor is on another show and couldn't shave it off for this IDK) 

8 hours ago, Brick said:

Little continuity nitpick: Gomez shouldn't have a goatee. He didn't have one in Breaking Bad until season 4, and when Hank first saw it he made fun of it. :p

(maybe the actor is on another show and couldn't shave it off for this IDK) 

Haha, bigger continuity issue: they look significantly older despite it being a prequel. :p 

Seeing the allegory between Kim's mom & Jimmy was enlightening and explained why she's so attracted to him. 

One thing that always hit me weirdly about what I perceived to be abrupt was the "war" that Gus was having Mike deal with, now after this meeting with Nacho, I'm starting to wonder where exactly in the overall timeline we happen to be?