~Better Call Saul Season 5 OT~

16 hours ago, Brick said:

God Jimmy can be such a selfish idiot sometimes, and I feel bad for Kim. It's going to end so badly for them. 

To be fair, Jimmy was right - he got everyone what they wanted (including Kim) and not telling her destroyed any and all suspicion. It's not as dickish as it may seem, though what Jimmy is doing to Howard is pretty bad, I think.

10 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

To be fair, Jimmy was right - he got everyone what they wanted (including Kim) and not telling her destroyed any and all suspicion. It's not as dickish as it may seem, though what Jimmy is doing to Howard is pretty bad, I think.

Oh sure this time it worked, but it's only going to further enable him, and the next thing he does is just going to ruin Kim. As much as Jimmy does care about Kim, at the end of the day, he really is looking out for himself because he likes doing this stuff, it's fun to him, and someone coming along and telling him to stop, just ruins that fun, so he'll find an excuse to keep doing it. 

Jimmy is basically a guy with a heart of gold that is also a total piece of selfish shit. 

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

Oh sure this time it worked, but it's only going to further enable him, and the next thing he does is just going to ruin Kim. As much as Jimmy does care about Kim, at the end of the day, he really is looking out for himself because he likes doing this stuff, it's fun to him, and someone coming along and telling him to stop, just ruins that fun, so he'll find an excuse to keep doing it. 

Jimmy is basically a guy with a heart of gold that is also a total piece of selfish shit. 

Agreed, but he even told Kim to drop it. She put the plan in motion, then tried to stop it midstream, so Jimmy found a way to make it all work anyway. The reason she proposed marriage is so they never have to be forced to testify against each other, which makes sense. Of course, it's indicative of a larger problem, and I don't agree with how he did it, but he did nail it this time.

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I don't know if accepting/buying in to what Jimmy ultimately did with Mesa Verde justifies Kim being killed by a drug cartel . . . :p 

I'll rephrase :) I'm sure I'll feel bad if she dies or something else bad happens to her, but it would be a wholly different emotion if Jimmy fucked her without her really being able to appreciate who he was. In that case she would be more innocent which makes it more tragic.

But she now knows with plenty of warning. She gave all the reasons why she can't trust him and why it will end bad. And she's going in anyway while knowing that. It will be similar to how I feel about the bad that befalls Jimmy.

2 minutes ago, legend said:

I'll rephrase :) I'm sure I'll feel bad if she dies or something else bad happens to her, but it would be a wholly different emotion if Jimmy fucked her without her really being able to appreciate who he was. In that case she would be more innocent which makes it more tragic.

But she now knows with plenty of warning. She gave all the reasons why she can't trust him and why it will end bad. And she's going in anyway while knowing that. It will be similar to how I feel about the bad that befalls Jimmy.

Yeah, I agree with you on all of that for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

No talk for that amazing episode?  Even though I knew it wasn’t likely, part of me thought Kim might have been the driver of the Jeep at the end looking for them and Mike was going to shoot her unknowingly.   

I always assumed she was dead in the future but more and more I think she’s alive. 

14 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

It was an excellent episode, and probably the literal and metaphorical final part of Jimmy McGill's transformation into full Saul Goodman. It ended on a cliffhanger, so we'll have to wait to see what happens.

I saw the preview for next week. They make it out of the desert.

Ah man, spoilers! I thought for sure that Jimmy would die in the desert, but then his long lost identical twin brother Timmy, that he and Chuck exiled from the family years ago, would come back to redeem himself by taking up the Saul Goodman mantle, and continue where Jimmy left off. Mike of course would make it out of the desert, carrying Jimmy's body in his arms, and tell people, with tears in his eyes, "he truly was a good man". 

• Haha 2

I thought that moment could have been the moment that Kim dies, but then I thought there's no way Kim could die. If she did because of this, I don't see how Jimmy would want to continue on in this kind of life. There's no way. Something tragic will happen between Kim and Jimmy to make them part ways, but I don't think it's a death at this point. 

I'm now starting to think that we were all wrong about Jimmy doing something so bad that it pushes Kim away, and now think that she might be the one who crosses a line. I still wonder what it could be though given how much of a criminal Saul Goodman becomes. 

I'm rooting for Nacho to make it out alive with his dad, even though that might be unlikely. Hey, who knows, maybe he was the one "Gene" was phoning at the beginning of the season. 

23 minutes ago, Brick said:

I'm now starting to think that we were all wrong about Jimmy doing something so bad that it pushes Kim away, and now think that she might be the one who crosses a line. I still wonder what it could be though given how much of a criminal Saul Goodman becomes. 

I'm rooting for Nacho to make it out alive with his dad, even though that might be unlikely. Hey, who knows, maybe he was the one "Gene" was phoning at the beginning of the season. 

I'm also worried for Nacho! And I also agree that it's clear Kim has always liked this side of Jimmy's life, more and more. 

• 2 weeks later...