Update: Biden administration's new "Remain in Mexico" policy is EVEN MORE restrictive than the Imbecile's

• 2 weeks later...

Totally serious party is totally serious

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/rep-hunter-campa-najjar-bicker-over-congressmans-faux-border-crossing-video

Rep. Duncan Hunter and his Democratic challenger Ammar Campa-Najjar traded Twitter barbs Thursday over a video Hunter posted where he appeared to suggest he was crossing the southern border into Mexico.

Campa-Najjar accused Hunter of violating his parole — according to an email he sent the Times of San Diego — which forbids him from traveling outside the continental United States.

In the video, Hunter eases himself over a railing before proclaiming, “That’s how easy it is to cross the border in Yuma, Arizona.”

But Hunter, the legally embattled Republican from California’s 50th District, did not actually cross into Mexico at the border as he appeared to claim. The railing was a vehicle barrier positioned roughly 75 to 100 feet away from the Colorado River — the actual U.S. Mexico border in Yuma.

“It looks pretty tough to cross. Let me see if I can do it,” Hunter says in the video, before sweeping his legs up and over the waist-high vehicle barrier’s horizontal bar and plopping down on the other side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So call them Japanese Guatemalan internment camps. It's a distinction without a material difference.

Concentration camps is fine, my point is that they are trying real hard to pretend that they aren’t trying to invoke the Nazi death camps when they obviously are.

Which leads to daft takes like...

11 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Except people have died in our concentration camps.

:p 

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Concentration camps is fine, my point is that they are trying real hard to pretend that they aren’t trying to invoke the Nazi death camps when they obviously are.

So what is your solution? Not calling them concentration camps?

32 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

So what is your solution? Not calling them concentration camps?

Maybe not saying “never again” every time you talk about our concentration camps? Pretty easy, tbh.

29 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Not all concentration camps were death camps. Don't lose historical context.

9 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Not all concentration camps were death camps. Don't lose historical context.

“Never again” isn’t about concentration camps generically. 

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's about 9/11 clearly

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

People HAVE died in our camps.

Doubling down on the bad take, I see.