Pokemon Sword and Shield - Information Thread (Launching 11/15/19)

Pikachu

6 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

It wasn’t really a joke, it was something I found to be a little amusing? 

And @Keyser_Soze liked it and that’s way more than enough for me! 

Just saying, no one was upset over your...amusement or whatever at a penny. It's a pet peeve whenever someone makes a dumbass accusation, "oh you didn't get what I said? Didn't like it? You must be upset."

So uh...how many of y'all are playing this? I started Shield and I picked Sobble as my starter. Filled up my party with Meowth (via Mystery Gift), Caterpie (now Metapod), Rookidee, Nickit, and Skwovet. I also caught a Hoothoot and some new bug-type PKMN (forgot the name) which I'll probably swap into my party once my Metapod evolves into Butterfree. 

I'm really digging this game so far. And I love re-entering the world of Pokémon. So many games want to have environments that look lived-in, broken, dirty or whatever...but in Pokémon? Everything is so neat and clean. Pristine, even. Maybe unrealistic, but I can't help but love the spotless and tidy world they present to players. 

Wish my own house was as clean as the ones in the game, haha. 

@GameDadGrant

I've lucked out some my son loves the Pokemon cartoons, so it's been a good excuse to play the game. Also, he flips over the Dynamaxed Pokemons.

I just took care of the first gym. My current team is a raboot, corvisquire, lombre, yamper, espurr, and roselia. The espurr was from a raid win. I wanted a ghastly, but those start at level 26 and the firm gym badge only lets you catch Pokemon up to level 25.