Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake Announced

Pikachu

http://www.forever-entertainment.com/en.panzer_dragoon_remake_i_panzer_dragoon_ii_zwei_remake_a01.html

Forever Entertainment together with SEGA Holding Co., Ltd. from Japan will co-create and publish Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake. The premiere of the first part is planned before the end of 2019!

Panzer Dragoon: Remake is a refreshed version of Panzer Dragoon. The original version of the game had its premiere on the Sega Saturn console in 1995 and was well received by both players and critics. The entire Panzer Dragoon series has been repeatedly remade and released on many platforms. The last re-launch took place in April 2018 on Xbox One, where players can play Panzer Dragoon Orta with a backward compatibility. The new version of the game will be characterized by a completely new graphics compatible with today's standards and several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players, while remaining faithful to the original in terms of story. The first materials from the game will be presented in the upcoming months!

• 6 months later...
9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Is it weird that II is the only game I'm missing from the original series? I always meant to get it, it's just one of those that escaped me over the years. 

Is the original copy relatively expensive or you just haven't gotten around to it?

11 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Is the original copy relatively expensive or you just haven't gotten around to it?

No, I own the first game and Saga. I never got Zwei. That one isn't crazy expensive(it's under $100, I'm using my standards). It's just one that's slipped by. One of those, "oh wait, I don't own that?"

Edit: Kinda misread your post to mean the original game. Either way, I still answered the question. :p 

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

Saga is the one I never played! I couldn't find a copy at the time and well, this one is lost to history it would seem. :cry:

Dude, you spend thousands every year on your PC. Pony up $600 or so for a Saturn and a copy of the game! At least the game will increase in value, unlike your GPUs. :p I think I *only* paid $250 for my copy back in 2011.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Dude, you spend thousands every year on your PC. Pony up $600 or so for a Saturn and a copy of the game! At least the game will increase in value, unlike your GPUs. :p I think I *only* paid $250 for my copy back in 2011.

Tell me its that good! I've heard people heap praise on it, but the reviews as I recall were slightly above average at best? 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Tell me its that good! I've heard people heap praise on it, but the reviews as I recall were slightly above average at best? 

I haven't beaten it, but i'd say it's a pretty good game at the least. Graphics haven't aged well, of course.

But you could always get your money back by reselling it. :p 

12 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I've never played this series. It looks like a fantasy version of Rez, is that kinda what it plays like? (I know this series predates Rez)

Yeah, Rez is basically a trippy version or a Panzer Dragoon.  

49 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

*cough* emulation *cough*

:p 

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Sure, but I only said that because...as I said...Vic spends thousands of dollars yearly on PC upgrades, so he's the king of blowing money!

I prefer to think of myself as a person who disproportionately stimulates the economy! :sun:

5 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I played the original Panzer Dragoon on Saturn -- while it was fun in its day, I can't see it holding up today.

Agreed! although I played and loved the original and Zwie, I just don't see these games holding up. It was stated that aspects of the game play will be updated, but it still a rail shooter so it will end up being more of a novelty than a genuinely engaging experience I would guess. 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Agreed! although I played and loved the original and Zwie, I just don't see these games holding up. It was stated that aspects of the game play will be updated, but it still a rail shooter so it will end up being more of a novelty than a genuinely engaging experience I would guess. 

Eh, not every game has to be huge and epic. I'm good with smaller, bite sized experiences sprinkled in. 

Panzer Dragoon was the first one I bought in the early 2000s. I got the first about 5 years ago. I missed Saga but I have watched my friend play it.

I forgot about this from December. I hope this does well enough to get Saga and Orta. I want to play this remake on PS4 in VR like how I enjoy Rez. I want more in that genre in VR.

• 1 year later...

I was able to play PD Remake through the free month of stadia offer and I enjoyed it! Certainly not as much as I did when it first played it on the Sega Saturn by the glow of my curved screen CRT, but still, I fine the world, the music, and the simplicity of the mechanics to all still be quite enjoyable. Looking forward to Zwei, Orta, and maybe someday, PD RPG! :coffee: