The Mariners

thewhyteboar

B4-C85-D32-A1-AE-40-E3-82-AB-01-F84-BCED54-E

68 degrees and breezy, so the roof is open. Great night for baseball.

And seeing now my third game in person with the pitch clock, I am completely sold. People are right when they say it’s a pace of play thing more than time. I do think they should extend the times in the playoffs though. I love the cat and mouse mental game in the playoffs.

I just saw that Corey Julks made the opening day roster for the Astros. He went to high school 30 minutes from Minute Maid Park, the same high school my wife graduated from. He then went to the University of Houston, 10 minutes from Minute Maid Park. Now the guy, after some trials and tribulations, is in the show for his hometown team.

Congrats!

So, how are we all feeling about our squads this season?

@Brian

@Chris-

@Biggie

@CastlevaniaNut18

@Joe

@thewhyteboar

@Dodger

@rc0101

@Keyser_Soze

@silentbob

@johnny

@Littleronin

@Iculus

I expect a bit of a slow start for the Astros. Injuries to McCullers, Altuve, and Brantley mean the team will need some young guys to set up for the early part of the season. And traditionally, April just isn’t a great month for the team.

I am really excited for Jose Abreu at 1st base.

The AL West had some of the most notable improvements in talent since the all-star break, so it will be interesting to see how that impacts the Astros win total. I still think they are a 95+ win team at minimum.

I'm hoping for maybe a .500 season. Not really expecting a ton, but my goodness the future for the D-Backs looks hell of bright. People seem to give Hazen crap here and there, but he has really set up the franchise to have a solid pipeline of young talent for a few years. The Carroll signing was also a nice touch, here is to him panning out in the long run. 

15 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

I'm hoping for maybe a .500 season. Not really expecting a ton, but my goodness the future for the D-Backs looks hell of bright. People seem to give Hazen crap here and there, but he has really set up the franchise to have a solid pipeline of young talent for a few years. The Carroll signing was also a nice touch, here is to him panning out in the long run. 

I love with the snakes have cooking. Biggest issue is they are in a division with three exceptionally wealthy teams. The expanded playoffs will help though!

Pitching will always be my concern with the Jays. Staying healthy and not give up the base runners/runs. The pitching clock is for sure benefitting Kikuchi and causing him not to overthink anything cause he don’t have the time for that. He had good stuff but look stellar this spring training with the new rule. Hoping we get the Vlad Jr from the 2021 season, but I do wonder how the redesigned outfield dimensions at the Roger’s Centre (still the fucking Skydome) will play for both Jays and whoever they’re hosting. So we stay healthy, we are gonna be the beast in the east. Yankees always a concern but the injuries are piling on fast already for them, and who knows with Baltimore. Think they might be the most surprising team of the MLB

Injuries to Rodon, Montas, and Severino will probably cause a slow start unless the bats start hot. I still expect the Yanks to win the AL East. 

I fully expect the Angels to be trash again and the Ohtani sweepstakes to happen. Angels can’t let him walk for nothing.

After a quiet offseason we're going to need some young guys to step up. It's probably not a 100+ win juggernaught anymore but it's definitely more fun to see prospects develop than to hope the guy you gave a 10 year too doesn't collapse 2 years into it. I'm hoping using a friends directv login lets me see the game, otherwise I'm blacked out because I don't have cable and can't watch Arizona games on MLBTV. I'm going to be a sad panda if I miss opening day

2 minutes ago, Dodger said:

After a quiet offseason we're going to need some young guys to step up. It's probably not a 100+ win juggernaught anymore but it's definitely more fun to see prospects develop than to hope the guy you gave a 10 year too doesn't collapse 2 years into it. I'm hoping using a friends directv login lets me see the game, otherwise I'm blacked out because I don't have cable and can't watch Arizona games on MLBTV. I'm going to be a sad panda if I miss opening day

I use a VPN service to change my location and watch Astros road games on MLB.tv.

RIDICULOUS that we have to do that, by the way!

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

So, how are we all feeling about our squads this season?

@Brian

@Chris-

@Biggie

@CastlevaniaNut18

@Joe

@thewhyteboar

@Dodger

@rc0101

@Keyser_Soze

@silentbob

@johnny

@Littleronin

@Iculus

I expect a bit of a slow start for the Astros. Injuries to McCullers, Altuve, and Brantley mean the team will need some young guys to set up for the early part of the season. And traditionally, April just isn’t a great month for the team.

I am really excited for Jose Abreu at 1st base.

The AL West had some of the most notable improvements in talent since the all-star break, so it will be interesting to see how that impacts the Astros win total. I still think they are a 95+ win team at minimum.

50/50