The Mariners

thewhyteboar

I cringe and my left ankle quivers every time I see that photo above. As a guy who broke his ankle/crushed a bone into their foot, I sympathize so much for him. Ligament damage is another story, and still deal that injury in my wrist 4 years after surgery. Wish them the best in their recovery but I would say the season is over for them, as the colder air will wreak havoc on that injury.

Dusty changed up the lineup pretty substantially and it’s playing much better than what he had been rolling out there in the first 6 or 7 games. Hoping some of these young guys keep doing well and gaining confidence. 

opening night at the newly renovated Rogers Centre (Stage 1 of 2, which comes next year along the 100 level seating area) the corners are drawn in a good bit(almost 10ft+) but slightly taller walls now. It should be fun to watch the balls fly out of the already a pretty home run friendly ballpark. If they don’t leave the yard, the new angles of the wall should be interesting to watch how the balls play off of them. Vladdy’s long drives off the walls might equal a 2B and not a long single with how hard the come off the wall. His liner home runs might not clear the higher walls either. 

spacer.png

@GeneticBlueprint

SLC going in hard for one of the likely two expansion teams coming in the next 5 years once the As move to Vegas

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0223%2Fr977995_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Big League Utah, a group headed by longtime Jazz owner Gail Miller, has thrown Salt Lake City into the mix of cities hoping to land an expansion MLB franchise, people involved with the...

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

@GeneticBlueprint

SLC going in hard for one of the likely two expansion teams coming in the next 5 years once the As move to Vegas

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0223%2Fr977995_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Big League Utah, a group headed by longtime Jazz owner Gail Miller, has thrown Salt Lake City into the mix of cities hoping to land an expansion MLB franchise, people involved with the...

Yeah I was reading about that today. Crossing my fingers. If it ends up being the A's they're gonna need a name change. Well, they already do need a name change no matter what they do.

15 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah I was reading about that today. Crossing my fingers. If it ends up being the A's they're gonna need a name change. Well, they already do need a name change no matter what they do.

Thought they were being courted to play in Las Vegas? A’s become Ace’s 

Tampa Bay for a bit was thinking of splitting their home games between Tampa and Montreal. So you know who I hope comes back if they expand, EXPOS BABY!!!

39 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Thought they were being courted to play in Las Vegas? A’s become Ace’s 

Tampa Bay for a bit was thinking of splitting their home games between Tampa and Montreal. So you know who I hope comes back if they expand, EXPOS BABY!!!

It seems all a bit up in the air in terms of who is moving and when. Like, if Salt Lake is going to have a stadium ready and waiting for them--the Millers seem to privately finance things--and not have to negotiate with the local government, then I could see them choosing that over Vegas.