The Mariners

thewhyteboar

James Click is officially out as Astros GM. I think the dude was in an unfortunate situation. Crane never wanted him, but he was the best option who would take the job in the midst of the punishment and backlash of the sign stealing scandal. Guy dude a solid job of not breaking the organization that Jeff Luhnow built.

Click will get a new GM job next season, and I bet he will be a hot commodity as a special assistant this year to teams who want a better look inside how the Astros do things.

Now Crane has to figure out what to do for a year while he waits out Stearns’ contact expiration in Milwaukee, the guy we know Crane really wants. I assume Crane will get some former GMs signed on as advisors for this season. 

• 3 weeks later...

Astros upgrade their 1st base performance with Jose Abreu. Would not be upset if they go get a good lefty bat that can DH/LF to play opposite of whatever Yordan is playing that day.

Let Verlander go get paid elsewhere and use the remaining of what he would have got that is going to Abreu on that lefty bat.

31 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Fred didn’t cheat. Bonds did. You wouldn’t understand, being a cheater yourself. 

Bonds has better stats even if you (wrongly) toss out his cream and clear years. Literally the best baseball player in history even if he never “cheated”.

And he didn’t cheat, he did exactly what the MLB wanted coming off the fan revolt post strike. “Chicks dig the long ball”

Additionally, Curt Schilling isn’t in the HOF just because people personally dislike him. The HOF is an embarrassment at this point.

Just now, Brian said:

Also when Verlander drops 5 mph on his fastball and looks washed up next year, can we finally get a MLB investigation into Houston? It’s shady af down there.

Man, the once proud Yankees have really ruined their fanbase 😭

There are already players in the HOF who openly cheated. Gaylord Perry was never shy about how much he cheated. The Hall of Fame is supposed to be the story of baseball. You can't tell the story of baseball without players like Bonds and Clemons. It isn't a pretty part of baseball history, but it's an important one. They belong in the Hall, and their plaques should accurately portray what happened during their career, cheating and all.

Why not have a whole wing dedicated to the Steroid Era?

24 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

There are already players in the HOF who openly cheated. Gaylord Perry was never shy about how much he cheated. The Hall of Fame is supposed to be the story of baseball. You can't tell the story of baseball without players like Bonds and Clemons. It isn't a pretty part of baseball history, but it's an important one. They belong in the Hall, and their plaques should accurately portray what happened during their career, cheating and all.

Why not have a whole wing dedicated to the Steroid Era?

They just inducted David Ortiz, who has a failed PED test S part of his story.

To leave the most accomplished hitter and pitcher out of the HOF while inducting Bud Selig, a commissioner who tacitly encouraged all of it, is criminal

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

A Twitter account that had JV to Mets early says Judge is accepting the Giants offer

Heyman confirms Judge likely to Giants

then immediately retracts 😂

MLB messing with balls again, this time to help Judge in the home run chase

638f986ead2cb500189ecdfd?width=1200&form
WWW.INSIDER.COM

An Insider investigation, based on research by astrophysicist Dr. Meredith Wills, found evidence that three distinct sets of balls were in circulation during MLB games this season.

31 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Heyman confirms Judge likely to Giants

then immediately retracts 😂

This make sense. It is why they pushed the Cashman deal because if he loses Judge, everyone will ask for his head. Can’t if he has a fat new contract. 

“I said, in 10 years, I’ll be married to Sam [his wife] and playing for the San Francisco Giants,” Judge said. “I was like, that’d better not get out.”

ZG2XTVHDIUAWRBZPSLU3ENOZUU.jpg
WWW.NYDAILYNEWS.COM

The Yankees woke up in San Diego on Tuesday morning with some more cause for concern in the Aaron Judge sweepstakes.

51 minutes ago, Brian said:

Bellinger to Cubs

If dude can get his body and mind right, 17.5 million is a steal for the Cubs and Belli will get paid paid next off season. I feel like him taking a one year despite reports of multi-year deals makes me think he is confident in his ability to put together a solid 2023 campaign.

I honestly wouldn’t have minded the Astros taking him for 2023 with some OF depth being needed still.

WWW.INSIDER.COM

An Insider investigation, based on research by astrophysicist Dr. Meredith Wills, found evidence that three distinct sets of balls were in circulation during MLB games this...

Yanks had the most juiced balls in baseball and still couldn’t win. Oh boy

3 minutes ago, Brian said:
WWW.INSIDER.COM

An Insider investigation, based on research by astrophysicist Dr. Meredith Wills, found evidence that three distinct sets of balls were in circulation during MLB games this...

Yanks had the most juiced balls in baseball and still couldn’t win. Oh boy

But we never have to hear from Roger Maris Jr. ever again, so thank you Manfred and Judge for your service 

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If dude can get his body and mind right, 17.5 million is a steal for the Cubs and Belli will get paid paid next off season. I feel like him taking a one year despite reports of multi-year deals makes me think he is confident in his ability to put together a solid 2023 campaign.

I honestly wouldn’t have minded the Astros taking him for 2023 with some OF depth being needed still.

As a short term rental, I don’t see the benefit for the cubs outside it fills the “handsome white guy that hits big home runs and only strikes out on the field” hole that Bryant left. It is early but I don’t see the cubs competing. 

If I was a player that needed to fix shit, I would hit up St. Louis. The organization and fans support is best in baseball.