The Mariners

thewhyteboar

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Thos is why they are hardcore enforcing it from day one of spring training so everybody is used to it before real games start. People thought it would be a problem in the minors too and now it’s like “how did we play without a clock?” 😂

Minor leaguers are coachable. Big leaguers are entitled and spoiled. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Okay and now imagine its game 5 of the wildcard round and the Astros lose on a clock violation. This year is going to be a shit storm just watch.

maybe pitchers and hitters pay attn so that doesn’t happen. i think after a month of the reg season nobody is gonna be complaining about it. 

12 minutes ago, johnny said:

maybe pitchers and hitters pay attn so that doesn’t happen. i think after a month of the reg season nobody is gonna be complaining about it. 

Yeah because as we all know major league players aren't used to doing ritualistic things on the mound or the batters box and will be able to change such things in just a few weeks after doing them their entire careers. 

Baseball Mlb GIF

All these 2:30 length games are worth an undisciplined player theoretically costing their team a playoff game. If you can’t adjust after even a solid month of games, you suck at your job :p 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

I expect hitting to go wayyyyyyy down. Hurry up! Hurry up! Get in the box and try to hit this nasty 94 mph slider. Hurry up! Times ticking. 

It’s the opposite based on the transition during the minors adding the clock. Pitchers are going to be much less comfortable and will be rushing to home, especially so with the new pickoff rules and base runners being able to use the clock to time their steals better.

2 minutes ago, johnny said:

it’s really on the player. when a basketball team doesn’t get the ball across halfcourt in time nobody blames the rule. 

The NBA shortened the time to advance the ball as well, and players adjusted, because they are literal professionals at the game 😂

27 minutes ago, johnny said:

it’s really on the player. when a basketball team doesn’t get the ball across halfcourt in time nobody blames the rule. 

24 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The NBA shortened the time to advance the ball as well, and players adjusted, because they are literal professionals at the game 😂

Jesus are you guys comparing basketball to baseball? A seal can put a ball through a hoop. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in professional sports. 

The pitch clock does not negatively impact batters, it is more of a problem for pitchers as it forces them to deliver a pitch even when they aren’t ready for whatever reason.

Again, they’ve had this all season last year in the minors and nobody had any difficulty adjusting because they are all paid professionals and baseball is all about adjustments. This isn’t beer league softball.

23 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The pitch clock does not negatively impact batters, it is more of a problem for pitchers as it forces them to deliver a pitch even when they aren’t ready for whatever reason.

Again, they’ve had this all season last year in the minors and nobody had any difficulty adjusting because they are all paid professionals and baseball is all about adjustments. This isn’t beer league softball.

There have already been clock violations on the first days of spring training lolololololololol

19 minutes ago, Biggie said:

There have already been clock violations on the first days of spring training lolololololololol

There will be violations everyday, just like there are balks, runner’s interference, or any number of rules violations on a daily basis in the MLB. But your contention isn’t that there will be violations, but that the rules are so much of a problem that it will be a “shit show” despite exactly zero evidence that players won’t adjust quickly.

I was a pitcher for many years and came close to scouting before breaking my foot/ankle and crushed a bone in my left foot. I rather enjoyed the faster style because it made me harder to read on a lot of other guys facing me. I was mainly a 4 seam fastball, circle change and splitter thrower. Also was getting a good curve, but delivery needed work. Anyways I’m thinking less of others and I’m more laser focused just that guy at the plate, even with a runner. My dad would always told me, that my out was with the batter. Maybe the reason why my style was as a faster pitcher and not a slower delivery style. So I look forward to how this plays out, as it might benefit some pitchers like Kikcuhi of my Jays today. 

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Yea I have resigned myself he will go to the Dodgers. I wouldn’t even care if he went to the Mets. I want him local so I can watch him play. 

Last season during a game between the Angels and Astros in the second half, when it was abundantly clear that the Astros were on track to win the American League, Ohtani was on the bump and cruising perfect into the 6th inning. You bet I was rooting to see the dude throw a PG while I'm sitting there, even against my team. Game didn't make a lick of difference so that was what I was rooting for. Kid is magic.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Last season during a game between the Angels and Astros in the second half, when it was abundantly clear that the Astros were on track to win the American League, Ohtani was on the bump and cruising perfect into the 6th inning. You bet I was rooting to see the dude throw a PG while I'm sitting there, even against my team. Game didn't make a lick of difference so that was what I was rooting for. Kid is magic.

I saw Derek Lowe’s no hitter at Fenway.  Only time I rooted for a Red Sox. Fun day especially since we decided last minute to attend the game.