The Mariners

thewhyteboar

Astros were the first team to 50 wins. Kinda happy that the Mariners are good, I think it will be good for the Astros to have to battle for the division.

Astros are basically exactly on pace with the 2017 squad through this pointnlast season. 

If you would have told me Charlie Morton would lead the team in wins at this point, I would have assumed half the team died in a tragic boating accident during spring training.

Alex Bregman is turning into the guy he was advertised to be when first called up. What an infield with Bregman, Correa, Altuve, and Gurriel playing this well.

Going to Boston in September with the wife for the America’s Test Kitchen festival. Looks like I’m gonna have to stretch it to a week since the Astros play in the Boston the weekend before!

Astros won after Ken Giles blew a 4-0 lead in the 9th on 6 really strong innings from Verlander. The winning run scored on an Alex Bregman hit right into the first base line that trickled back in fair only a few feet in front of him. The catcher lost possession of the ball as he went to tag Bregman, and then the catcher made an errant throw to first to get the out. What a strange finish.