Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

7 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

@bladimir2kdaily heroic on Mars? Do you mean the adventure? 

Maybe the exotics we pull out of the collection next week will have random rolls? 

yes adventures, that's exactly what i meant! you have a one chance  each day per character! I just did it on PC and i got a a premetheous lens! just gotta be lucky and get a gear drop then!

I want to like Gambit but right now I hate it. Maybe some of that hate is from my hatred of Destiny's pvp in general and that this mode is so new players don't know how to follow directions. But I really don't like that it's only 4v4, there's no drop in matchmaking and playing solo is a nightmare. This needs a solo queue. Other random players who don't pick of motes, who won't bank motes and who don't pay attention of enemy invaders will ruin your game. Not to mention if someone on your team leaves no one will ever be able to take their place. 

I can't say I shared your experience.  I won my first game and it didn't take long to assume roles with the blueberries I was playing with and figure out mechanics and ideal loadout. 

I let other people bank the motes to make blockers, I took out the blockers relatively easy with paradox and I invaded.  Most I got was 16 kills.  Easily won 2 matches this way.

1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I want to like Gambit but right now I hate it. Maybe some of that hate is from my hatred of Destiny's pvp in general and that this mode is so new players don't know how to follow directions. But I really don't like that it's only 4v4, there's no drop in matchmaking and playing solo is a nightmare. This needs a solo queue. Other random players who don't pick of motes, who won't bank motes and who don't pay attention of enemy invaders will ruin your game. Not to mention if someone on your team leaves no one will ever be able to take their place. 

This was my experience as well. Play with a full team or expect to be crushed. With no trials of osiris anymore, this mode is going to be a stomping ground for pvpers who get off on the trolling aspect of gambit. I don't see myself playing it much. 

That said, I'm realizing that I just don't like D2 pvp at all, so I'm probably not the best person to judge. I think the only thing I still enjoy is quests and patrol :lol:

17 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

This was my experience as well. Play with a full team or expect to be crushed. With no trials of osiris anymore, this mode is going to be a stomping ground for pvpers who get off on the trolling aspect of gambit. I don't see myself playing it much. 

That said, I'm realizing that I just don't like D2 pvp at all, so I'm probably not the best person to judge. I think the only thing I still enjoy is quests and patrol :lol:

You? Patrol? That's extraordinary!

5 hours ago, Brick said:

So if you don't buy Forsaken right away, what do you not have access to? Do you get the nine new supers for example? 

I have no idea what they're blocking off from vanilla only owners. Probably light level locked at 400, no gambit or new strikes, no new missions or exotic quests, the new areas. Wonder if the new weapons and armor will be locked out? Non dlc owners could always buy dlc exotics from xur. 

Played a bit more gambit, starting to like it. One thing that could really make it better is losing the three round system, bring it down to a single fight. Less quitters, just a quick hop into another match if you get your ass handed to you. 

52 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

I have no idea what they're blocking off from vanilla only owners. Probably light level locked at 400, no gambit or new strikes, no new missions or exotic quests, the new areas. Wonder if the new weapons and armor will be locked out? Non dlc owners could always buy dlc exotics from xur. 

Played a bit more gambit, starting to like it. One thing that could really make it better is losing the three round system, bring it down to a single fight. Less quitters, just a quick hop into another match if you get your ass handed to you. 

I wish Forsaken wasn't so damn expensive. 

7 hours ago, mo1518 said:

I have no idea what they're blocking off from vanilla only owners. Probably light level locked at 400, no gambit or new strikes, no new missions or exotic quests, the new areas. Wonder if the new weapons and armor will be locked out? Non dlc owners could always buy dlc exotics from

I noticed Prometheus lens xur is selling says curse of osiris required, so have a feeling they are locking people out now.

19 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

there's no drop in matchmaking and playing solo is a nightmare.

Bungie (from an employee's tweet) stated that drop in matchmaking will be available on release. There will be penalties for people who quit gambit as well, it seems like they are treating it as a "competitive mode."

19 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Other random players who don't pick of motes, who won't bank motes and who don't pay attention of enemy invaders will ruin your game.

I'm sure as gambit releases people will learn how to play, but again a mode where communication is key is better to go into it with a fireteam. They do need to change a few things though to mix it up as I noticed that people are figuring out one strategy is the go to right now. As @eggydoo stated everyone needs to know their role in order for you to succeed.

Overall I think this mode is awesome as long as it's competitive and teams are balanced. (bungie continues to struggle with this though)  It has the potential of the "hero" moments found in a raid as well as in PvP, but if you are getting pub stomped it has the potential to just be plain garbage and miserable.

God I feel like I need this and I know for a FACT I do not! I had fun with the last two expansions, but not having a group to play the meat of the game ala stikes, raids, and the other one, I always feel left out. I really like the game as a shooter, but I miss out on so much. People attack this game so hard and fast that casual gamers like myself loof stupid not understanding what to do, where to go, etc.

Here's something I noticed when I beat the campaign with my Hunter last night: during the final cutscene where it shows the Traveler's Light expanding, the planets/places it shows are Mercury, then Mars, then The Reef, which are the places that the first three expansions take place, and then after that it shows Saturn and the Dreadnought. Could the next expansion be a return there? 

Heh, raids were never the meat of this game. So few ever play them and even less finish them because they can require too much time to commit to them and they don't feature matchmaking options. Games like Warframe and The Divison can do it why can't Bungie!? And strikes other than the Nightfall(which can sometimes be solo'd if you're crazy enough) have matchmaking for solo players like myself. Nah, the meat of Destiny is a combination of everything it has to offer: quests, patrol, activities, strikes, pvp, item collection, and dress up.   

I realized something last night as I was cleaning up milestones on PC. The legendary engrams I received from completing a single strike, a few crucible matches etc aren’t marked as “powerful gear” but still gave me items at higher light than I currently was. 

So it might be wise to just do all the activities with trackers attached to them even though you don’t think it will help you level up. 

So why is it on Xbox you can only get Forsaken in bundles that include the base game and expansions 1 and 2? Did Bungie forget they released all that last year on Xbox and some of us actually own it already? 

...and damn, a 7GB update this week after a 34GB update last week?! I thought the update last week was preloading all the new content. Fucking devs are getting batshit retarded with updates. Every month you're damn near redownloading an entire game in full. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So why is it on Xbox you can only get Forsaken in bundles that include the base game and expansions 1 and 2? Did Bungie forget they released all that last year on Xbox and some of us actually own it already?

I read this on reddit earlier, apparently you have to search for forsaken through the website or the xbox store in order to get the expansion only or expansion and annual pass. Don't buy the bundles with base game you will be paying extra!

Played about 3-4 hours last night and it feels like this is what the release of D2 should have been. Now I don't want to get ahead of myself but so far it feels like there are many layers of different things that you can do throughout the game. Hopefully this lasts as everyone had a similar feeling when D2 released last year. Bungie has been getting better with each campaign story they put out and I feel the same for forsaken, only played the first 2 story missions but I definitely feel like the characters have more personality than ever before.

29 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

I admit I thought the bow was stupid when it first got revealed, but now it's my favorite weapon.  Good job Bungie.

The first bow you get feels so good. I wonder how the exotic one will feel. There so good in PvE but noticed in PvP that there not a one shot kill when you do a headshot. Well at least I was watching Kraftty and he was getting headshots and not killing people all the time with it.

I played with the Trinity Ghoul at PAX and the bow that Petra gives feels better to use imo. Something about that final “knock and lock” gives it a great cadence. 

I used my boost on a Titan and am going through the story with him. The boost starts you at 320. I unlocked the Missile Super, which is really fun!