Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

1 hour ago, Anzo said:

We were farming EP over the weekend and I did not find that to be the case. I believe you only get fragments from other activities like strikes, nightfalls, the raid etc. 

Just googled farming EP and didn't know the loot drops from the boss and you can reset it if you kill him at 0 timer.  Was it hard to pull off?

32 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Just googled farming EP and didn't know the loot drops from the boss and you can reset it if you kill him at 0 timer.  Was it hard to pull off?

I’m probably not the best source of EP details. I don’t know anything about resetting it. @mo1518 might know more about that. All I know is that chests drop at lvl 5 and 7. EP guns can drop without the key but armor drops only if you have one. So if the guns are your only goal then you don’t need to worry about getting keys. 

When we we had a group last time we just went to lvl 7 each time then restarted from lvl 1. 

@Anzo @eggydoo

Guns drop from boss kills, so yes, you can farm it, but you have to have a group set up for it. The trick is to whittle his health down to less than 1/4, then wait until the timer hits 3 seconds. Then you have a titan melting point and tractor cannon him, while two warlocks nova bomb. Boss will die, but the timer will hit zero, meaning you fail wave 7 and can retry at wave 6. Beat wave 6, fight the boss, fail at 0, rinse and repeat until you get the gun. 

Armor only drops from the chest that you get from successfully beating wave 7. You need a purple key to open it. The 7 yellow shards you get from strikes/adventures can be turned into a blue key by Anna Bray, but only once per character per week. The blue key turns purple after 7 successful waves. I think you can hold multiple purple keys, but only one blue at a time (again, per character) and 7 shards max. Also, armor drops are on a set order, first one is always the cloak, then boots, gloves, chest, helmet. 

• Like 1

There was a decent amount of blueberries around Mars yesterday earlier in the day doing EP.  I got 2 runs in before the groups left.  No one got the shotgun in those 2 runs between 7-8 people.  Those drop rates are BS.  I feel like this is crux of crota all over again...

2 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Bungie Gamescome stream was a nothing burger other than this. 

Everyone can play Gambit on Sept 1 for one day only. Right when I’m at PAX ?

Right haha, such  a terrible presentation.  I will be not be home that day as well since it will be my bday, but whatever, only 3 days before it's released.

42 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Right haha, such  a terrible presentation.  I will be not be home that day as well since it will be my bday, but whatever, only 3 days before it's released.

Well a preemptive Happy Birthday to you!

3 hours ago, eggydoo said:

There was a decent amount of blueberries around Mars yesterday earlier in the day doing EP.  I got 2 runs in before the groups left.  No one got the shotgun in those 2 runs between 7-8 people.  Those drop rates are BS.  I feel like this is crux of crota all over again...

You did two runs and think the drop rates are bs? I did 30 or 40 before getting all three. Lucky for you they added RNG protection in one of the recent patches. Each run without a weapon drop increases the drop chance on your next run. Wear a "increase loot chance from public events" ghost shell while you're doing it. 

25 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

You did two runs and think the drop rates are bs? I did 30 or 40 before getting all three. Lucky for you they added RNG protection in one of the recent patches. Each run without a weapon drop increases the drop chance on your next run. Wear a "increase loot chance from public events" ghost shell while you're doing it. 

Not me personally, more in the lines of out of 16 chances, no one got it.  30-40 times sounds horrible.  Thanks for the tip, I was wondering if there was something to increase chances like a 3oC.

41 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Well a preemptive Happy Birthday to you!

Thanks! 

That's an awesome trailer. Very cool to see Cayde be amazingly badass before he checks out. I already miss Nathan Fillion voice but the resemblance is pretty good. You can definitely tell that's Nolan North though as Cayde sort of sounds like Drake now. lol

Fuck Bungie hard for forcing super kills in Crucible and not having Mayhem active in the final weekend of Solstice. Crucible is the bane of my fucking existence and the Crucible experience I just went through makes me lose all interest in Forsaken, because they seem to want to tie the best things in the game to ALL aspects of the game. 

I dismantled all my green armor and flushed the hours I spent over the weekend doing everything else because I'm not going to spend 5 minutes for just the CHANCE of getting a super kill... with a Hunter no less. Then wait another 5 minutes to get into another game. FUCK YOU BUNGIE. 

11 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Fuck Bungie hard for forcing super kills in Crucible and not having Mayhem active in the final weekend of Solstice. Crucible is the bane of my fucking existence and the Crucible experience I just went through makes me lose all interest in Forsaken, because they seem to want to tie the best things in the game to ALL aspects of the game. 

I dismantled all my green armor and flushed the hours I spent over the weekend doing everything else because I'm not going to spend 5 minutes for just the CHANCE of getting a super kill... with a Hunter no less. Then wait another 5 minutes to get into another game. FUCK YOU BUNGIE. 

Yeah, 30 super kills and 10 regular kills. I think they got those numbers reversed - it would have been better the other way around. It was mayhem the second week of solstice, everyone got it done easy, but without that it's a silly grind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

Yeah, 30 super kills and 10 regular kills. I think they got those numbers reversed - it would have been better the other way around. It was mayhem the second week of solstice, everyone got it done easy, but without that it's a silly grind. 

Yup. I'm not completing the armor set specifically because of that. 

Got enough points to earn the T-shirt, so I figured cool free T-shirt, might as well redeem it. Go to the Bungie store, and nope, it's not free, it's 24.99. Seriously? Fuck that. I don't mean to sound entitled, but really, they couldn't have made it a free T-shirt for doing the requirements in game to earn it?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Brick said:

Got enough points to earn the T-shirt, so I figured cool free T-shirt, might as well redeem it. Go to the Bungie store, and nope, it's not free, it's 24.99. Seriously? Fuck that. I don't mean to sound entitled, but really, they couldn't have made it a free T-shirt for doing the requirements in game to earn it?

I’d love a free shirt as much as the next guardian but that would some serious financial hurt on Bungie. I’d rather they put that $$ into game development than a low quality shirt. 

People buy them though, myself included. I bought the past two shirts but decided to pass on this one. They were all over PAX last year. I imagine there will be far less this year though. 

5 hours ago, Brick said:

I believe this is the 3rd or 4th Triumph event across D1 and D2,  no where does it say a free t-shirt but I can understand how the description of the token you receive would make someone believe that. The shirt is priced at $777,777.77 on the bungie store, when you get the token it will give you a code or is tied to your account that will lower the price to $24.99.

28 minutes ago, Anzo said:

I’d love a free shirt as much as the next guardian but that would some serious financial hurt on Bungie. I’d rather they put that $$ into game development than a low quality shirt. 

People buy them though, myself included. I bought the past two shirts but decided to pass on this one. They were all over PAX last year. I imagine there will be far less this year though. 

The quality that bad on them?  I've never bought any of the previous ones.

27 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Just a heads up that @Triage will be working hard to finish up the requirements for that purple solstice armor tonight. If anybody can help her out I’m sure she would appreciate it. 

Ill be on around 8 or 8:30 PST to help with any clean up. 

Thank you! I don't have that much left. Any suggestions on solar melee for Hunter? 

I need 6 adventures and 3 redux missions. Btw how do I activate the payback one? Doesn't show available like other redux missions. 

7 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

I got the first Triumph shirt... and the material was quite thin, I never used it because it fit quite small on me even though it was a Large, ive gained a few pounds since so it definitely does not fit me now, lol.

3 minutes ago, Triage said:

Thank you! I don't have that much left. Any suggestions on solar melee for Hunter? 

I need 6 adventures and 3 redux missions. Btw how do I activate the payback one? Doesn't show available like other redux missions. 

Grab a solar sword, no ammo, swipe away at thralls or lower level enemies. These kills count as melee kills.

As far as the mission, this happened to me as well, i just did another mission then it was available the next time I dropped down to the tower.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Grab a solar sword, no ammo, swipe away at thralls or lower level enemies. These kills count as melee kills.

As far as the mission, this happened to me as well, i just did another mission then it was available the next time I dropped down to the tower.

Awesome thank you! 

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

They make a good first impression but mine did not hold up well. The collar stretches out such that I’m showing cleavage if I wear it. ?

1 hour ago, Triage said:

Awesome thank you! 

Make sure you have the full set of armor equipped when you start the mission. 

I think I'm around tonight if you need help. Send me an invite if you see me. Those blue armor missions are tough to solo. 

So forsaken patch is tomorrow, and includes the new weapon slot system. I can not fucking wait to be able to rock a hand cannon, fusion rifle, rocket combo again. 

3 hours ago, Brick said:

PC crew are we still going to attempt a raid tonight? 

I'll be on but not sure if i have time for a raid tonight. Over the weekend I had my mornings free and I did 2 full leaviathan runs and 2 Eater of Worlds run with randoms through the "Destiny 2 PC LFG" discord group. Smoothest and quickest runs I have ever had. I don't think our PC ragteam of guardians can do a raid, i suggest really using this group to look for people.

1 hour ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I still need to do Spire. It just looks like such a chore 

Our PS4 group beat it last week and you really need the right strategy and a few runs for everyone to learn it. At the end it's not as bad as you think. We were banging our heads for 2 weeks until @NeoJoe found the strategy to use. Honestly I think SoS came out at an unpopular Destiny time that there weren't a lot of correct strategies that were put out in youtube for people to follow and that made it even worse.

• Like 1