Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Haven't played any of last year's DLC... but my friends are pressuring me to buy Forsaken.

How overwhelmed/far behind will I be?

Youll be fine and up to your needed level in no time. One question though, do you currently own all the Y1 DLC? If not you will need to buy it in order to buy Forsaken. Best way to do that is by purchasing the Destiny 2 Forsaken Legendary Collection. Includes all of last years DLC plus forsaken for the same price as buying them separately. 

If you do already have the DLC, then you are set!

7 hours ago, Brick said:

At least you can buy Masterwork Cores from Spider.

Just read on reddit that every time you buy cores from him, or any material, the price goes up each time you keep buying it. Prices reset daily with him so I guess be in the lookout for a deal.  A few thing things to consider regarding MW cores & infusion:

- If you infuse the same model weapon into itself it will only cost glimmer and no materials.

- If you infuse an exotic weapon into a legendary weapon supposedly it does not need cores.

- In previous raids MW weapons and gear dropped at a higher % rate, this might be the same with the upcoming raid and might be a big source of MW cores.

- It's early in enough in the DLC that we don't know if other activities give out cores.

10 minutes ago, Brick said:

Btw since Year 1 versions of weapons are now obsolete with random rolls back, is that the same for exotics, or are the stats on exotics set? Like do I need to do the Whisper Strike again and get a Year 2 version of the Whisper of the Worm? 

If there is ever a Y2 version of Whisper we will for sure hear about it. 

To my knowledge all the Y1 exotics will remain the same. 

25 minutes ago, Brick said:

Btw since Year 1 versions of weapons are now obsolete with random rolls back, is that the same for exotics, or are the stats on exotics set? Like do I need to do the Whisper Strike again and get a Year 2 version of the Whisper of the Worm? 

Guns are the same, exotics have set perks. Armor can have random rolls. All your exotic armor got converted to have the new perks, but you may get a new one through a drop or xur that has a different or better roll.

15 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

@bladimir2k here is the answer to your question that I accidentally stumbled upon.

Milestones are now 'Challenges' that appear in the Director.

So as someone who played D2 year 2 without "buying" into the hype they seem to not have totally dicked vanilla players.  My flashpoint this week is EDZ and as you said in another post my NF is a 270LL event.  

The interesting thing would be what do Y2 buyers get if they load into my pleb NF?

1 hour ago, Anzo said:

Youll be fine and up to your needed level in no time. One question though, do you currently own all the Y1 DLC? If not you will need to buy it in order to buy Forsaken. Best way to do that is by purchasing the Destiny 2 Forsaken Legendary Collection. Includes all of last years DLC plus forsaken for the same price as buying them separately. 

If you do already have the DLC, then you are set!

I do have the old DLC, so I'm set I guess!

Right now it's just the time commitment I'm debating... it's either buy this now and wait on Spiderman or vice versa.

22 minutes ago, StephenO1683 said:

So as someone who played D2 year 2 without "buying" into the hype they seem to not have totally dicked vanilla players.  My flashpoint this week is EDZ and as you said in another post my NF is a 270LL event.  

The interesting thing would be what do Y2 buyers get if they load into my pleb NF?

Let's try, pleb. 540 light nightfall over here and I don't even want to try. 

I think them gating off the nightfall/faction rally/iron banner that first week of osiris and people calling for their heads (both for the shitty expansion and the gating) made them realize it was not a sustainable or healthy setup. Enrage your core, drive away casuals, make an absolute PR nightmare, or put a little thought into this stuff and not shoot your own game in the knee every time an update comes out. They've done good since then. 

23 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Just gonna say it again that Titan Code of the Missile is so freaking fun! Just wish I had Insurmountable Skullfort. 

The melee is mini missile bro and the super is mega missile bro. 

I got killed by that in the crucible. I was like what the fuck was that? That was awesome! 

I went with the new gunslinger super. It's so fun - the super is great, basically a solar nova bomb made of exploding knives, but the throwing knife is so much fun to use. Throws three burning knives that sets enemies on fire. If they die while burning it gives you a buff that reduces cool down on your melee, and it stacks. I always have melee up, and it's awesome at wiping out groups of adds, especially when you use the Exotic that gives you two melee charges. 

Edit: I got ace of spades last night. Don't want to over-hype it, but it's so much fun. Think fatebringer mixed with hawkmoon. 

2 hours ago, mo1518 said:

Edit: I got ace of spades last night. Don't want to over-hype it, but it's so much fun. Think fatebringer mixed with hawkmoon. 

oooh, I need to start then.

I did the new solar super for my warlock.  It's basically D1 WoL but no shield.  Can drop by boss and go ham and melt the boss.  GL seems super effective with it.

I dont even know how to equip the new moves, throwing knives, missle melee, etc? Do I have to beat Forsaken story first? I'm only through the first set piece, where to insist on it being "ME" that gets the killer dude?

Also, how do I get more Exotics, I know I dodn't have the time in, but I gave been doung the blue banner {strikes?} all over the planets, kinda going slowely through the Forsaken story, and just messing around and doing the public events, etc. I don't think I have ever even had a legenday? isn't exptic the highest tier, YELLOWS? I have only gotten 2 yellows now in about 3 hours play or so! Just not going to do the Crucible, and I might just be jumping the gun a bit and finish Forsaken Then unlock the new place planet or what ever its called, I will start getting more better rolls?

@HardAct Finish the campaign first, then your goal is to hit 500 light, then you start reliably getting legendaries (purple) that will be the bulk of your arsenal. Exotics come from luck and quests. Any mission or mode that says it rewards a "powerful engram" has a chance of being an exotic (I think). There are quests out there to get more exotics - for example, there should be a blue flag mission in the EDZ that will get you a familiar exotic. There's another on nessus. Mars has a few exotic missions if you start the quests Ana Bray has for you. 

Oh, and every Friday xur shows up somewhere in the world and sells exotics. So keep an eye out tomorrow. 

32 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

I just matched against a team of power 300s vs 500s on gambit and the other team prob realizing why their primeval is taking forever to kill compared to ours lol.

Lol perhaps Power level should be disabled like it is in Crucible 

11 hours ago, mo1518 said:

@HardAct Finish the campaign first, then your goal is to hit 500 light, then you start reliably getting legendaries (purple) that will be the bulk of your arsenal. Exotics come from luck and quests. Any mission or mode that says it rewards a "powerful engram" has a chance of being an exotic (I think). There are quests out there to get more exotics - for example, there should be a blue flag mission in the EDZ that will get you a familiar exotic. There's another on nessus. Mars has a few exotic missions if you start the quests Ana Bray has for you. 

Oh, and every Friday xur shows up somewhere in the world and sells exotics. So keep an eye out tomorrow. 

What do I spend Glimmer on? I have 1,000,000 so it's maxed out apparently . . . Thanks for the Info, good stuff, and it's appreciated! Can I use glimmer to buy Exotics from this Xur guy?

5 hours ago, HardAct said:

What do I spend Glimmer on? I have 1,000,000 so it's maxed out apparently . . . Thanks for the Info, good stuff, and it's appreciated! Can I use glimmer to buy Exotics from this Xur guy?

If you have Forsaken, planetary mats from the Spider...if you've gotten that far in the campaign.

Thanks

But. . . What else is Glimmer for? I know it takes some on most transactions, but it's not obvious because I'm maxed out. So what do you Destiny Pros use your Glimmer on? Seems my best bet now is to find this Xur guy and buy the stuff that I wish would drop for me? I won't spend anymore real money, I'n all in on Forsaken and the Season Pass so I've paid my dues . . . lol!!

7 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Thanks

But. . . What else is Glimmer for? I know it takes some on most transactions, but it's not obvious because I'm maxed out. So what do you Destiny Pros use your Glimmer on? Seems my best bet now is to find this Xur guy and buy the stuff that I wish would drop for me? I won't spend anymore real money, I'n all in on Forsaken and the Season Pass so I've paid my dues . . . lol!!

Right now glimmer seems like it will be used mainly for infusion of weapons and gear with a combination of other materials. Besides buying mats from SPIDER almost all "Vendors" in the tower and planets offer bounties that you can buy for 250 glimmer. Pay attention to the bounties as most expire within 24 hours.

There's no point in infusing weapons/gear right now as we are constantly getting drops at higher levels until you reach the soft cap of 500 and then eventually Max Level Cap.

Calus was...a bit of a disappointment tbh. We came in for the exotic possibilities and Leviathan only drops pre forsaken exotics. 

I may may be going to see a movie tonight if we can get the baby down and I’m leaving really early tomorrow to go to a Con. So I can’t relaiably say that I’ll be on tonight. 

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

We ran calus last night and the drops were less than stellar if that's what you're after. 

Xur is in the tower by dead orbit and he's chock full of disappointment. Prometheus lens, nezaric sin helmet, ahamkara gloves, ashen wake gloves. 

Nezaric Sin helmet is a disappointment? Isn't that one of the best Warlock exotics in the game? 

29 minutes ago, Brick said:

Nezaric Sin helmet is a disappointment? Isn't that one of the best Warlock exotics in the game? 

The disappointment lies in the fact xur brought Year 1 gear, no new stuff. I haven't visited xur in months. 

1 minute ago, eggydoo said:

@mo1518 what was your trick getting hand cannon kills for ace of spade when invaders have shield and typically use super/heavy to kill you?  :(

Simple. Aim for the head ;)

People are very excited to invade. When the screen goes red and someone invades I stop what I'm doing and hunt them. They're usually going in gung-ho thinking we're going to be focused on adds and caught by surprise. They don't expect you to be the aggressor. I'd hit them with an arc bolt grenade, crimson does the rest. 

After a few matches you also get a feel for guessing where on the map they're going to teleport. If the bulk of your team is in one area, you can be sure they're on the other side of the map. Go get em.  

By the way, I've changed my tune on gambit. Loving it. You still get crushed with a bad team, but at least those rounds are over quick. 

2 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

People are very excited to invade. When the screen goes red and someone invades I stop what I'm doing and hunt them. They're usually going in gung-ho thinking we're going to be focused on adds and caught by surprise. They don't expect you to be the aggressor. I'd hit them with an arc bolt grenade, crimson does the rest. 

I actually expected you to say "being awesome" is your trick.  I'll have to give crimson a try.  I'm assuming i'll have to waste cores infusing it though since power level matters...or does it take your whole level into account?  I never understood that aspect tbh.

1 minute ago, eggydoo said:

I actually expected you to say "being awesome" is your trick.  I'll have to give crimson a try.  I'm assuming i'll have to waste cores infusing it though since power level matters...or does it take your whole level into account?  I never understood that aspect tbh.

Just pull a new one from the collections. Costs glimmer and a couple shards, drops at your light level. 

Crimson is pretty great for gambit in general. The healing and auto reload really fit the horde fights.