Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

Since tomorrow is the weapon update be prepared for some of your energy weapons to be changed to kinetic, kinetic to energy, exotics to drop their +5 mod attribute, and your current element being perminantely fused to whatever weapon you added it to. And since weapon slots are changing some of your weapons may be sent to the postmaster so you better make sure the postmaster is empty. 

Thank you @Anzo for staying up late to help me with crucible! I got my 405 armor all set. And @Emblazon for doing all the missions, adventures and couples nightfall :lol: (that was something else! 

@bladimir2k thank you for the solar sword melee suggestion it worked amazing! And again thanks for the sniper riffle mission Anzo and @mo1518 they both finished the boss as I got across all the jumping to the boss! At least I made it! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Dedication.  Hoping with the power creep this event gets more casual than it is now.

lol.. I didn't have anything to do last night in Destiny... I offered to help anyone on the PS4 crew in case they  needed anything done before the end of SoH.... no one needed anything so I'm like let me try to see if I get the shotty on PC... went to the D2 PC LFG discord group, quickly found a group and started farming. Group was well coordinated.

So I read a theory on reddit the other day regarding your chances getting better after beating each EP boss. In order for this to work you have to beat the EP once and open the chest and then your chances of getting the weapons start getting better. Last night we beat the boss 5 times without opening the chest an only one person got the shotty. We mistakenly killed the boss a second too early on our 6th try and we opened the chest and restarted the EP. Every time we killed the boss after that someone got the shotty.  Whether that theory is correct I'm not sure but after last night it might be possible.

32 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

I still don't have any IKELOS weapons after about 14 kills. Definitely interested in farming EP for any of them at this point. But I especially want the shotty.

After today's reset its the SMG that is dropping for the week... sept 4th reset is sniper for that week... I can't find anything after forsaken release...

1 minute ago, bladimir2k said:

After today's reset its the SMG that is dropping for the week... sept 4th reset is sniper for that week... I can't find anything after forsaken release...

I have a couple of hours today before work and before the reset. Going to try and get into a farming group but no luck on LFG so far. :(

I'm not sure how to use discord, I can't connect my PSN ID. Is that just a PC and XBOX thing?

44 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

lol.. I didn't have anything to do last night in Destiny... I offered to help anyone on the PS4 crew in case they  needed anything done before the end of SoH.... no one needed anything so I'm like let me try to see if I get the shotty on PC... went to the D2 PC LFG discord group, quickly found a group and started farming. Group was well coordinated.

So I read a theory on reddit the other day regarding your chances getting better after beating each EP boss. In order for this to work you have to beat the EP once and open the chest and then your chances of getting the weapons start getting better. Last night we beat the boss 5 times without opening the chest an only one person got the shotty. We mistakenly killed the boss a second too early on our 6th try and we opened the chest and restarted the EP. Every time we killed the boss after that someone got the shotty.  Whether that theory is correct I'm not sure but after last night it might be possible.

To add a data point, I never “farmed” the boss and always just completed lvl 7. Shotty dropped after the 6th or 7th completion. 

1 minute ago, NeoJoe said:

I have a couple of hours today before work and before the reset. Going to try and get into a farming group but no luck on LFG so far. :(

I'm not sure how to use discord, I can't connect my PSN ID. Is that just a PC and XBOX thing?

The discord that we all use is just for PC users. That isn’t to say that there isn’t a PS4 specific server. I just don’t know what it is. It is certainly easier on PC and XBox because they have the built in integration. 

21 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

You can always hang out on Mars in the meantime.  When you see a full fireteam load in, usually good indication and I just join in.  Try other LFGs too like on Reddit.  

Who else is excited the shotty meta will probably be back for Crucible?

35 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

The rotation is shotty, SMG, sniper, all three, all three, shotty, SMG, sniper... 

16 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Patch notes are out. 

Notable things:

Tractor Cannon’s weaken effect includes all damage types now, but no longer stacks with other debuffs. 

Boxed Breathing was indeed nerfed. It resets after firing first shot. 

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47127

It's weird reading through these changes. So many buffs, so few nerfs. Voidwalker's charged grenades (a criminally underrated ability) no longer cost super energy and are even more powerful. Void titan attack got buffed, ward of dawn as well, it sounds great now. The gun perks all got improved, everything is stronger or faster or better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

:lol: @ 1:17

That was very good. 

It also makes me think as much as we all love our current guns and armors, it's probably best to just delete all that shit cause it ain't coming out of the vault ever again in one week.