Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

7 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Wow! Vanilla D2 is one of the PS+ games for September. Still not that great of a deal though since you would need to buy both Y1 expansions if you wanted to upgrade to forsaken. 

Man, it would be nice to buy into D2 now and never know the awful garbage that was Year 1 :lol:

4 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Why are some weapons missing attack mod slots?

Year 1 weapons won't be able to use the new mod system, so they don't have slots. The only thing you can do is change their element if they have one, and even that is going away after forsaken launches. 

2 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

Year 1 weapons won't be able to use the new mod system, so they don't have slots. The only thing you can do is change their element if they have one, and even that is going away after forsaken launches. 

RIP my Hawthorne. :rose:

1 hour ago, bladimir2k said:

Yeah noticed this last night as well, kinetic ammo drops constantly. Heavy ammo rarely drops from a yellow but are dropping more often from low level enemies. I literally had a thrall drop 3 heavy ammos after i killed him. Energy ammo is definitely not dropping as often.

Wasn't it a guarantee in vanilla D2 that yellows would give heavy ammo?

1 hour ago, StephenO1683 said:

Wasn't it a "guarantee" in vanilla D2 that yellows would give heavy ammo?

The heavy ammo economy has been uber fucked ever since the ammo synths were left behind. 

1 minute ago, bladimir2k said:

DlyQ2abWsActW91.jpg:large

We've all been there.

"Why isn't this party chat dying from laughter, I've been dropping amazing jokes up in... Oh shit, I'm muted! No, my hot takes - all wasted!" 

Looking at the infusion system now.. wouldn't be a bad idea to start farming mats from each location so you are ready to start infusing weapons and gear for next week..... looks like you will need 10 mats for each infusion... minibosses that appear during public events can give up to 12 planetary mats

2 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Is there any way to complete missions that require you to complete Heroic Strikes?

Next week there will be. There's no "heroic" strike playlist going forward, just a strike playlist that is light level appropriate that also has modifiers. That will count towards your solstice guantlets or whatever mission needs heroics. 

Well, been playing WoW recently. Had a bunch of excess gold, but not enough to buy WoW tokens... until WoW tokens absolutely plummeted in gold value due to the 5 million gold auction house mount. Had enough to get 2 tokens, converted them to Bnet balance and picked up Forsaken. Bnet has this fun little caveat where you need the full balance in store credit to buy something, no partial payments for whatever dumbass reason unlike every other service on the planet. They do allow you to add custom amounts of currency, but it can have up to a 3 day waiting period. Just a lot of weird fucking hoops to jump through. Luckily the balance went through in like 10 minutes so I essentially got Forsaken for about $10.

If I hadn't made the mistake of buying the first expansion pass, I definitely wouldn't be here, though. Requiring that aborted content to play this is yet another huge mistake on Bungie's part that will drive a wedge further into the community. And if this expansion doesn't blow me the fuck away it'll be the last I bother with this game at all. Hell, the only reason I'm back is the Forsaken reveal having them say they're "breaking the game," that one line alone was the biggest draw for me. The game is too buttoned up in the most boring way possible right now. It's just completely uninteresting to do or earn anything. I was trying to catch up by doing the Warmind campaign last night and nearly fell asleep because it was the same exact shit at the same "feel" of power and the same abilities on the same long, tedious timers. Ich. If they really do break the game in fun ways, count me in.

If they don't, well, maybe I'll rent Destiny 3 in a few years.

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

Anyone here that can assist @Triage and me with Escalation Protocol? We have yet to get through it, and also need to complete 10 waves for the Nascent mission. 

Aww wish you had responded last night so we could have figured out a way. Tom and I did a full wae last night and getting 3 more would have been easy.

Just now, eggydoo said:

@bladimir2k Are you gonna juggle in between PC and PS4 again?  That is some dedication there.

Probably not, with the grind increasing I'm probably going to stick to one. Not sure which one, obviously PC is the superior game and I already pre-ordered forsaken on it, but still not sure if i'll stick to it as there more people on PS4 to play with.

Heads up, xur is in the EDZ, and he's selling Year 2 versions of knucklehead radar, vesper of radius and ashen wake, meaning they have the new perk system. If you buy a dated engram from him you have a 50/50 chance of getting an armor (provided you have all the exotics already). 

19 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

Heads up, xur is in the EDZ, and he's selling Year 2 versions of knucklehead radar, vesper of radius and ashen wake, meaning they have the new perk system. If you buy a dated engram from him you have a 50/50 chance of getting an armor (provided you have all the exotics already). 

Doing the daily heroic on Mars also nets you a chance of the new exotics... also are we gonna have to earn back all our exotics with the new perks?

13 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Doing the daily heroic on Mars also nets you a chance of the new exotics... also are we gonna have to earn back all our exotics with the new perks?

Think so. The nice part is infusing my old knucklehead into the new version only cost 500 glimmer, no mats. Mine has handcannon tagerting/handling buff and extra chance at heavy ammo drops. Loving it!