Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

9 hours ago, Brick said:

I'm liking the Triumphs page, but how did I get some for Titans if I haven't created my Titan yet? Like unless it's counting Destiny 1, but I doubt that, especially when I made the move from PS4 to PC.

I think it must look at Bungie.net, which would have your old D1 stats. Did you have D1 raid triumphs unlocked as well?

12 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Where do you get this boost Anzo?

It comes with Forsaken. At the character selection screen there will be a little circle symbol next to a character slot. You then select that and it gives you a big warning twice “Are you sure you want to use this boost on this character?”

In my case, since I only had my warlock leveled up, my hunter and Titan were still 100 and could be boosted. I haven’t looked on PC yet to see how it looks with a blank character slot. 

Boosting brings you up to 320 with basic blue gear and clears the Red War, Osiris and Warmind campaigns. You also get some Eververse consumables that gift some random eververse stuff and some bright engrams. It also unlocks all subclasses. It does not unlock the trophy for those subclasses however, as I learned last night. ?

If I were buy another one it costs 3000 silver. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Interesting, as I'm tired of my warlock, starting a new characture at 320 would be fun'ish . . . lol My Warlock is only 345 anyways . . .

I have played like 3 hours of forsaken from 320 and am already 390. It is a quick ramp up. 

2 hours ago, Anzo said:

I think it must look at Bungie.net, which would have your old D1 stats. Did you have D1 raid triumphs unlocked as well?

I'm not sure. I only ever Raided with my Warlock. Doea this Triumph page have D1 stuff on it? I didn't notice any. 

So kudos to bungie, that campaign was really, really good. Especially the baron fights. They weren't just big versions of small enemies that stomp when you get close to them, they were all smart, fun fights with interesting mechanics. Definitely their best story campaign. 

A few complaints. I deleted basically everything in my vault, cause the armor is just cosmetic now and the guns are all weaker than everything in year 2. I saved raid weapons and armor, a few favourite guns. I wish there was an option to convert them to a year 2 gun that would give it a random roll. And infusing is way too expensive with it requiring masterwork orbs. 

Not a complaint, but I didn't get a single exotic yesterday. Instead of them raining down on you, getting a few just for beating the story, it looks like they're going to be exciting to receive again. 

So far so good with Forsaken. The new patrol zone is dense and there's a lot to do with the triumps page and collections. Finally they put the damn lore in the damn game. The Bow is amazing. And while it takes a lot more resources to infuse it's nice I could infuse something like a hand cannon into the bow instead of needing another bow. Spider's bounties keeps you busy too making you go to different planets. Though when he sends you to lost sectors it's a trial and error game for me as I haven't memorized the names of those things. Making those Adventures part of the Forsaken story a great idea. All the bosses are unigue so far. The pike on pike action was pretty cool. 

Speaking of bounties, after dismantling a lot of stuff a new bounty popped up that would give me materials and glimmer for defeating a lost sector boss. I hope there's more secret stuff like that to follow. 

So I grabbed the Free D2 off of PSN and bought the 2 expansions at half off for both. $20.00. 

I should be good for a while or should I invest in the Forsaken DLC right away? 

I played a ton of Destiny 1 PVE and some PVP.  But I didn't do any Raids. (Time and no friends that play).  If this at all helps.

Basically should I just go in with the Base D2 and the 2 expansions or all in right off the bat?

Thx 

10 minutes ago, qwik4a6 said:

So I grabbed the Free D2 off of PSN and bought the 2 expansions at half off for both. $20.00. 

I played a ton of Destiny 1 PVE and some PVP.  But I didn't do any Raids. (Time and no friends that play).  If this at all helps.

Basically should I just go in with the Base D2 and the 2 expansions or all in right off the bat?

Thx 

Since you never played it at all just take one character through all the vanilla stuff plus expansions. That should get you to level 30 and around 340 power level. Then when you are ready to start Forsaken, buy it if you want to continue and use the included character boost to create a second character and go on from there with the new one or your first character. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Anzo said:

@Brick I went home on my lunch break and checked. No mention of D1 stuff in the Pc triumphs. So back to your original question about Titan triumphs... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Did you play as a Titan during the beta perhaps?

I don't think so, but then again it's been so long since the beta last year. 

1 hour ago, qwik4a6 said:

Thx 

Stick with what you've got, then buy Forsaken if you like it. At least play through the main campaign and Warmind. Osiris is skippable, though it only takes a couple hours to go through anyways. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I do not like how much reliance the game has on Master Work cores. It takes them to infuse  and it takes far more to master work something. Meanwhile they're just as rare to get as they were before. 

It makes it more grindy while heavily reliant on rng to advance. 

There seems to be a bit of backlash against this so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a change at some point. 

2 hours ago, Anzo said:

There seems to be a bit of backlash against this so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a change at some point. 

I doubt they would rework the system for infusing until at the very least the Winter or Spring updates...but hey who knows? Maybe Bungie is firing on all cylinders finally and knows already what to do next?

34 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Let me know a time! I am down, honestly I need prestige SoS and prestige EoW to complete those in the triumph book, but still need some gear and ornaments that I hope still drop from normal as well.

I'd say Friday night or Saturday night. I think quite a few people will be watching football tonight. 

On a side note, I never got the Solstice armor, and I'm already up to 413.