~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

11 hours ago, osxmatt said:

I'd like to know by which criteria she is making that assessment. It can't be how he looks, because Trump looks like an orange fat potato, not a Thor-like godly being. It can't be because he cares about the ten commandments, core tenets of Christianity, and it can't be because he hasn't broken the seven deadly sins, because I'm pretty sure he's broken most if not all of them. He's had multiple wives, multiple divorces, multiple sexual assault allegations, he's cheated on his wives, he has sex not for reproductive purposes, he mistreats others, commits crimes, and on and on.

They lie so well because they believe their own lies. It gives them a conviction of stupidity so strong it prevents us from even reaching them with the truth.

20 hours ago, Chris- said:

Plenty of sporting figures have won the Presidential Medal of Freedom, it's not really that outrageous.

Ironically, "WHY GIVE IT TO MICHAEL JORDAN AND BILL GATES AND SNL WHY NOT GIVE IT TO FIREFIGHTERS AND SHIT?" was the refrain in late 2016. I'm sure those people hold the same opinion now.

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

Even I thought there was more criteria than that. They weren't saying this stuff about Bush, but my memory could be failing me. 

Eight years of being led by an intelligent black man broke their brains. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'd like to know by which criteria she is making that assessment. It can't be how he looks, because Trump looks like an orange fat potato, not a Thor-like godly being. It can't be because he cares about the ten commandments, core tenets of Christianity, and it can't be because he hasn't broken the seven deadly sins, because I'm pretty sure he's broken most if not all of them. He's had multiple wives, multiple divorces, multiple sexual assault allegations, he's cheated on his wives, he has sex not for reproductive purposes, he mistreats others, commits crimes, and on and on.

They lie so well because they believe their own lies. It gives them a conviction of stupidity so strong it prevents us from even reaching them with the truth.

9 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Because he's a white man.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-the-religious-rights-trojan-horse.html

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Even I thought there was more criteria than that. They weren't saying this stuff about Bush, but my memory could be failing me. 

Bush, to his credit, flatly rejected to the point of public performance the holy war against Muslims that white evangelicals are frothing at the mouth over; also he is not openly racist or willfully cruel. Trump gives them what they want.