State of the Union - March 7th 9pm EST

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

It’s 100% true.

I forget which comedian made the joke, but no conservative would be against people crossing the southern border if Sweden was down there instead of Mexico.

That's good...I like that one. 

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, Brian said:

IMG-1801.jpg
illegals not just stealing your money but also the election lololololol

Again, they're literally using the word here to describe their ethnicity combined with the assumption that they aren't here legally. How is this NOT a racist term at this point?

• True 1

WWW.CNN.COM

The woman whose story Alabama Sen. Katie Britt appeared to have shared in the Republican response to the State of the Union as an example of President Joe Biden’s failed immigration policies told CNN she was trafficked before Biden’s presidency and said legislators lack empathy when using the issue of human trafficking for political purposes.

Has this dumb stupid crap been discussed here yet?

Long story short, the insufferable stupid vile turd Katie Britt, during her hilariously terrible SOTU response... made a reference to a 12 year old who she claimed to have talked about being sex trafficked... and the way she purposefully and manipulatively phrased it, any reasonable person listening would have assumed it all happened under Biden's watch... but of course that isn't true. The woman in question was trafficked in the early 2000s, during the Bush administration, in Mexico (not the USA at all in any way) and not by a cartel but rather an individual street pimp... and it had zero to do with Biden, border crossings, cartels or anything... AND... AND... she never actually really talked to her at all, Katie Britt went to a conference where this woman telling her story was a speaker.

So yeah, good times.

4 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I think the term “illegal” has clearly taken on a racist context in recent decades. It has never sat well with me.

Especially when it's just the term "illegal" (e.g. I saw an illegal on the street) and not referencing groups as a whole (e.g. Illegal immigrants are largely reported in the state of...). Same thing how people use "a Jew" vs. "Jewish person/people." If it's the former, it's an immediately red flag that the person has racist beliefs. 

• True 1

5 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Biden just needs to run clips of Trump at his rallies and the rest will take care of itself. 

These ads should read like Joe speaks, a whole series of short clips that allows starts with: "Look at what these dummies think is good for Americans" and ends with "My god, what are they thinking?!" 

8 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Rational, sane, voters?  We can dream can't we?

I get it, but I think he just means it would have to be up more thorough campaign. He should definitely run on his accomplishments like infrastructure, target climate and student loans and pro LGBTQ legislation to young voters, whatever else in their Arsenal.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I get it, but I think he just means it would have to be up more thorough campaign. He should definitely run on his accomplishments like infrastructure, target climate and student loans and pro LGBTQ legislation to young voters, whatever else in their Arsenal.

I know, I'm just being slightly sarcastic. 
I really just want to give a middle finger to "undecided" voters....how...same guy 3 times, other guy 2 times...you know what you are getting. 

• True 1

The fact that a single speech has swayed polls so much just shows how little polling matters at this point. Most people barely pay attention to politics and Biden basically telling the country he isn't dead is enough to have him surging in the polls means he should be ok as long as he is still lucid by November.

• Halal 1

20 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

The fact that a single speech has swayed polls so much just shows how little polling matters at this point.

The constant polling this far out is utterly stupid and always has been, IMO. It’s pointless and meaningless right now. It’s like those weather forecasts that are 14 days out that change every couple of hours until it has some actual accuracy 2-3 days before. (I’m not saying these types of polls only have accuracy 2-3 days before, but let’s give it until at least mid/late-September)

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Ehh.....talk about misleading articles. 

Not really, no.  The article cited the basis(es) for the headline, and qualified it appropriately with the fact that the general election is months away.

38 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

...how so?

Its just a dumb article, it's grasping at straws. These polls mean nothing. 

However, in other polls, Trump is projected to beat Biden. A March 2 poll of 1,115 likely voters by Redfield & Wilton Strategies gave Trump a four-point lead over Biden, 43 percent to 39 percent.

A March 3 to 5 poll of 1,450 registered voters by YouGov forecasts Trump to garner 44 percent of the vote share to Biden's 42 percent.

ADVERTISING

10 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

It's a 1-2% gap. Nothing to get excited about. Newsweek gonna Newsweek with misleading headlines. 

With so many headlines about Biden being old and 3 feet under, I think it’s fine to celebrate small victories. These small victories will help motivate the base to vote which is all you can ask for. 

• Halal 1

35 minutes ago, Brian said:

With so many headlines about Biden being old and 3 feet under, I think it’s fine to celebrate small victories. These small victories will help motivate the base to vote which is all you can ask for. 

This is the post I was waiting for from the responses of that article. Absolutely take the small victory from the speech and yes, he needs to continue to speak more to gain more votes. He definitely took a step forward from the SUTU performance. 

• Halal 1