Update (02/26): Switch Sequel targeting March 2025 launch to avoid hardware shortages, may further slip depending on hardware/software availability

SaysWho?

Well the Switch did release at the beginning of March (the 4th I believe) So it kinda makes sense to hold back, clear out a ton of Switch system during Black Friday, and build inventory up on new system for that years coming Xmas season 

• Hype 1

10 hours ago, Brick said:

Honestly if the PS5 Pro comes out this year, I'm fine with waiting until next year for the Switch successor since I'll more than likely get a PS5 Pro first.

I honestly don't think the PS5 Pro is releasing this year. I see it releasing next year around the time GTA6 releases. 

• 2 weeks later...
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Nikkei corroborates previous reporting on Nintendo’s successor…

Nintendo’s next game console is targeting a launch in March 2025.

That’s according to a new report by Japanese news publication Nikkei (paywalled), which claims that the Switch successor’s internal delay – reported first by VGC and others earlier this month – was partly so that Nintendo could avoid potential hardware supply issues.

Although Nintendo had planned a launch in late 2024 for ‘Switch 2’, according to Nikkei “priority was given to ensure the initial inventory of the successor console and a lineup of software titles at the time of its launch” in an attempt to avoid widespread reselling.

Nikkei says it expects the next Nintendo console to again be a hybrid portable-home device similar to Switch, as reported previously by VGC. The publication also corroborates that the machine will have a larger screen than the original Switch’s 6.2 inch display.

Nikkei notes that Switch 2 could yet slip beyond March 2025, dependent on manufacturing and how much software is ready for launch.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update (02/26): Switch Sequel targeting March 2025 launch to avoid hardware shortages, may further slip depending on hardware/software
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update (02/26): Switch Sequel targeting March 2025 launch to avoid hardware shortages, may further slip depending on hardware/software availability
2 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

What a weird industry. We get a good half of our news from rumors. 

Well Nintendo just doesn't want to out right say anything yet because of sales obviously. They want to milk this console to the very end. 

Just now, best3444 said:

Well Nintendo just doesn't want to out right say anything yet because of sales obviously. They want to milk this console to the very end. 

Oh, no doubt its a logical business reasoning, its just a very rumor filled industry. I'm sure someone has a power point presentation somewhere showing how rumors are good for brand/product engagement. 

• True 1

March seems unrealistic unless Nintendo is doing a “announce and release a month or two later” approach. I doubt Nintendo wants to announce this before the holiday season. Unless they need the revenue for 2024, I would think this will get delayed further. 

• Sad 1
  • True 1

9 minutes ago, Brian said:

March seems unrealistic unless Nintendo is doing a “announce and release a month or two later” approach. I doubt Nintendo wants to announce this before the holiday season. Unless they need the revenue for 2024, I would think this will get delayed further. 

I’m good with that. I still have so many games I’m still playing and games I’m going to buy.