Black Friday Season Deals

crispy4000

Nintendo's deals are officially announced (and start the 19th), so it's a good time to get this thread started.

WWW.NINTENDO.COM

Find where to buy Nintendo Switch games, systems, and more. Stay up to date with the latest video game deals from Nintendo.

Smash Bros Ultimate Switch OLED bundle for $349

Joycon Bundle + Super Mario Party $99

$30

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Mario Strikers: Battle League

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

• Halal 1

There are some insane LG OLED deals happening: people are getting 65” C3s for around $1k at Sam’s Club, and I’ve seen some 77” C3s going for $2k and lower. If you’re lucky and check a local Best Buy you might be able to get a C2 on clearance for an absolutely crazy price (like 77” for sub-$1k crazy). The C3 sales that have been happening are often cheaper than refurbished C1s and C2s on Woot.

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

WWW.WALMART.COM

Shop for Video games Black Friday deals at Walmart and save.

Walmart deals, going live on the 22nd.  Mostly expected, but I noticed some good $30 pick ups like Street Fighter 6, Jedi Survivor and Resident Evil 4.

Lego Star Wars will be $15.  That could be a good stocking stuffer.

CORPORATE.TARGET.COM

Nov. 19 through Nov. 25, guests can make the most of their holiday budgets with deep deals on new and trending items for gifting and gathering The retailer will delight guests with even more new...

Series X w/ Diablo IV + $75 Gift Card = $450

Oh god... The pain to my backlog is starting... I already ordered 1 game this morning (Master Detective Archives Rain Code, switch) and while typing this caved and bough another (Little Witch Nobeta, switch). I also saw bomberman R2 on sale.... :nervous:

If sega does a BF sale this year like last year, Oh boy...

• Sicko 1

Best Buy:

$49.99
Diablo IV (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX)
Lords of the Fallen (PS5, XSX)
UFC 5 (PS5, XSX)

$39.99
Assassin's Creed Mirage (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX)
Elden Ring (PS5)
Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 (PS5, S)
Octopath Traveler II (PS4/PS5, PS5, S)
Resident Evil 4 (PS5, XSX)
Street Fighter 6 (PS5, XSX)
The Crew Motorfest (PS5, XSX)
The Last of Us Part I (PS5)

$34.99
Dead Island 2 (PS5, XSX)
Dead Space (PS5, XSX)
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5, XSX)
F1 23 (PS5, XSX)
God of War: Ragnarok (PS5)
Hot Wheels Unleashed 2: Turbocharged (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX, S)
NBA 2K24: Kobe Bryant Edition (PS5, XSX)
NHL 24 (PS5, XSX)
Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (PS5)
Star Wars Jedi Survivor (PS5, XSX)
Trek to Yomi Deluxe Edition (PS4, PS5, S)

$29.99
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ragnarok Edition (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX)
Avatar the Last Airbender: Quest for Balance (S)
Colors Live (S)
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion (PS5, XBO/XSX, S)
Dragon Quest Treasures (S)
DreamWorks All-Star Kart Racing (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX, S)
Dusk Diver 2 (PS4)
EA Sports FC 24 (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX, S)
EA Sports WRC (PS5, XSX)
God of War: Ragnarok (PS4)
Harvestella (S)
It Takes Two (S)
Just Dance 2024 (Code in Box) (S)
Madden NFL 24 (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX)
NBA 2K24: Kobe Bryant Edition (PS4, XBO)
NHL 24 (PS4, XBO)
NieR: Automata The End of YoRHa Edition (S)
Tactics Ogre Reborn (S)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX)
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (S)

$24.99
Aliens: Dark Descent (PS5)
Crash Team Rumble: Deluxe Edition (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX)
Cult of Lamb (PS5, S)
Human Fall Flat - Dream Collection (S)
Into the Breach (S)
Weird West Definitive Edition (PS5)
WWE 2K23 (PS5, XSX)

$19.99
Dying Light 2 Stay Human (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX)
Forspoken (PS5)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS5)
Human Fall Flat - Dream Collection (PS4/PS5, PS5)
It Takes Two (PS4, XBO)
Marvel's Midnight Suns Enhanced Edition (PS5, XSX)
MLB The Show 23 (PS5)
Need For Speed Unbound (PS5, XSX)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, XBO)
Shadow Warrior 3 Definitive Edition (PS4/PS5, PS5)
Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS4/PS5, PS5)
Star Ocean: The Divine Force (PS5)
Super Bomberman R2 (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX, S)
Super Mega Baseball 4 (PS4/PS5, PS5, XBO/XSX, S)
Tales of Symphonia Remastered (PS4, S)
Trek to Yomi (S)
Valkyrie Elysium (PS5)
We Love Katamari REROLL + Royal Reverie (PS5, S)
Wild Hearts (PS5, XSX)
WWE 2K23 (XBO)

• Shocked 1

Uggg.... Sega deals atm are still not great in canada (Sure SMT5 for cheap but I have it, sonic superstars is only 50% off but still pricey), last year everything sega was on sale even brand new releases. With that said I added 3 more this morning Loop8 (switch, it was $25), Dragon Quest Treasures (switch, was $35) and GrimGrimoire OnceMore (switch, not technically marked on sale but the price dropped to $40).

I'm also tempted but holding back atm on Octopath 2 (switch, $54) and Crisis Core (switch, $40) to see what other deals show up this/next week.

* Note prices are in Canadian

19 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I'm considering:

Nier Automata $16

Crisis Core $30

Jedi Survivor PS5 $35

Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope $15

Any thoughts?  Should I avoid Jedi Suvivor or Crisis Core?

Neir is a must

Crisis core is a must if you've never played (I'm on the fence mostly because I already played the psp game)

Jedi: No opinion

M&R: If you like SRPG it's worth a play at that price

30 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I'm considering:

Nier Automata $16

Crisis Core $30

Jedi Survivor PS5 $35

Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope $15

Any thoughts?  Should I avoid Jedi Suvivor or Crisis Core?

Nier - Yeah

Crisis Core, wait for $20

Jedi Survivor - Wait for game pass

Mario and Rabbids, I think Brian liked it.

• True 1

Damn it, you all are making it hard for me.

I’m considering Crisis Core to blow through it before FF7R.  I’m considering the Intergrade DLC too, but not much of a sale there.

I thought Jedi was riddled with performance issues? I won’t be subbing to games pass.  Fallen Order got dirt cheap eventually.

11 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I thought Jedi was riddled with performance issues? I won’t be subbing to games pass.  Fallen Order got dirt cheap eventually.

Oliver from DF did a re-look at S:JS on console a couple of months ago, my recollection was that the bugs were largely fixed and the new performance mode cleaned up the frame rate issues (at the expense of RT [which IMO wasn't particularly impactful in this game]).

• Halal 1

38 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Oliver from DF did a re-look at S:JS on console a couple of months ago, my recollection was that the bugs were largely fixed and the new performance mode cleaned up the frame rate issues (at the expense of RT [which IMO wasn't particularly impactful in this game]).

Yeah it is a lot smoother. how much a difference RT makes? Maybe the console version didn’t have much going on with RT, I don’t know. On PC it really looked like lighting and shading in some scenes seemed dependent or designed around RT. Self shadowing, color gradient, ambient occlusion would seem non-existent in places. Made character faces look more flat. Especially did that for Karl’s hair that seemed to look like it was colored in by the fill tool in MS paint. Maybe not a huge difference to some, but when I had played hours of the game with RT on the game just looked so much worse with it off. At times distractingly so. 

but I can see where it can be a case of not missing what you didn’t know you could have. You’re definitely not going to notice it much in the middle of the fun combat and traversal with the very fun platforming abilities. 

Target has 10% off digital gift cards.

Went ahead and loaded up on PS Store credit.  I’ll be pre-ordering FF7 Rebirth, which includes the first game’s Intergrade edition digitally (I missed out on the DLC earlier).

I’ll probably pick up Crisis Core as well.  Jedi will go cheaper next year probably, I’ll wait on the Gold edition of Rabbids 2 on similar discount, and Nier Automata’s PC port isn’t bad anymore with mods?  I’ll wait for the Steam sale.

6 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Target has 10% off digital gift cards.

Went ahead and loaded up on PS Store credit.  I’ll be pre-ordering FF7 Rebirth, which includes the first game’s Intergrade edition digitally.

I just did the same for the same reason. I never played Remake, so both games for $63 sounds good. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm snagging RE4 Remake, Ass. Creed Mirage for my nephew, Lord of the Fallen and maybe Forsspoken, but I think i may own that already. besides that I'm gonna stock up on digital cards. Is Evil West on sale anywhere? Been waiting for that to drop for awhile.

You never played RE4 Remake?

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You never played RE4 Remake?

Nope. I never buy the RE Remakes full price at launch. i always wait for them to go on sale and get them cheap... those games are usually sub-thirty dollars in six months. Plus I played them all when the first came out. I know they're different, but the RE games aren't day one buys for me.

• Halal 1

15 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm snagging RE4 Remake, Ass. Creed Mirage for my nephew, Lord of the Fallen and maybe Forsspoken, but I think i may own that already. besides that I'm gonna stock up on digital cards. Is Evil West on sale anywhere? Been waiting for that to drop for awhile.

Evil West is a $30 download on Xbox. 

• Halal 1

I didn’t pay for it since I won it in a giveaway here, but put me in the defender camp.  I went into it with basically no expectations and have really enjoyed it so far.

If it didn’t have the Final Fantasy name attached, I think people would be all over it as a sleeper hit.  I’m finding it a much more engaging game than Dragon’s Domga, which felt like a hollow shell IMO.  This has a fun combat system and more engaging plot.  It’s not hard, but the super bosses are there if you want a bit more challenge.

It could also be the timing for me.  I just visited England and went to some countryside castles and villages, so the vibe coming close to that is great.  I’m playing it in hour spurts each night, so I appreciate just getting to the action and not fiddling with too many RPG systems. And linear is A-Ok with me after coming off ToTK.

There’s definitely parts of the game that could be better, but as a $30-40 Black Friday purchase, I think it’s ace based on what I played so far.  (3 crystals down).  Just a fun game to pop in and out of for me.  Probably not as fun if you binge it.

33 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a BEAUTIFUL game, but I’m pretty sure I can do the regular combat blindfolded at this point.

Exactly... It's not a bad game but the challenge just isn't there. I really wish they had some kind of difficulty options to make the combat more engaging. They could have just left it turn based if they were going to do this this way.