Rep. George Santos no longer a congressman -- expelled from the House

• 3 weeks later...

GUESS WHO SURVIVED HIS EXPULSION VOTE?!?!

F941u5qXUAAx_dQ.jpg?quality=lossless

Tonight was a victory for due process not me.

This was never about me, and I’ll never let it become about me.

We all have rights under this great Constitutional Republic and I’ll fight for our right to uphold them till my last dying breath.

• Guillotine 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

Representative Steve Womack (R):

Last night, the House saw its shadow. Unfortunately, this means there will be two more weeks of Santos.

Representative George Santos:

Your son is a felon. He has been in and out of the prison system for years. He is a drug dealer, poisoning people on the streets with meth and unlawful possession of a gun. 

Instead of being home, taking care of your son, you’re sitting pretty in the swamp. 

Listen, I have been respectful of my colleagues through this process but I’m sick and tired of people with glass houses casting stones at me.

• Sicko Sherman 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Rep. George Santos charged with conspiracy, wire fraud and more (23 charges)
  • 2 weeks later...
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The House Ethics Committee found there was "substantial evidence" of wrongdoing by the New York GOP congressman.

The House Ethics Committee released a long-awaited report on its investigation into embattled Rep. George Santos on Thursday, finding that there was "substantial evidence" of wrongdoing by the congressman.

The committee said in a statement announcing the release of its findings that the investigative subcommittee tasked with examining allegations of misconduct of Santos "unanimously concluded that there was substantial evidence" that he knowingly caused his campaign committee to file false or incomplete reports with the Federal Election Commission, used campaign funds for personal purposes, engaged in fraudulent content and engaged in "knowing and willful" violations of federal ethics law related to financial disclosure statements filed with the House.

The full ethics panel unanimously voted to refer the evidence of Santos' alleged violations to the Justice Department, it said.

"Representative Santos sought to fraudulently exploit every aspect of his House candidacy for his own personal financial profit," the subcommittee said in its report to the full House Ethics Committee.

The scathing report could give momentum to another effort to remove the New York Republican from Congress and possibly change the minds of those who have been hesitant to support his expulsion. 

The committee did not make recommendations about punishment for Santos. Mississippi GOP Rep. Michael Guest, the committee's chairman, said ahead of the report's release that it would be up to House lawmakers to decide how to proceed. 

Guest said Wednesday that making such recommendations "would have taken several more months" and that the information in the report "would be enough for members to be able to make a decision as to whether or not they believe it would be proper to expel Rep. Santos." 

• Haha 1

The report:

• Santos sought to fraudulently exploit every aspect of his House candidacy for his own personal financial profit.

• He blatantly stole from his campaign.

• He deceived donors into providing what they thought were contributions to his campaign but were in fact payments for his personal benefit.
 • He reported fictitious loans to his political committees to induce donors and party committees to make further contributions to his campaign – and then diverted more campaign money to himself as purported "repayments" of those fictitious loans.

• He used his connections to high value donors and other political campaigns to obtain additional funds for himself through fraudulent or otherwise questionable business dealings.

• He sustained all of this through a constant series of lies to his constituents, donors, and staff about his background and experience.

"After the $50,000 from RedStone was deposited into Representative Santos’ personal accounts, the funds were used to, among other things: pay down personal credit card bills and other debt; make a $4,127.80 purchase at Hermes; and for smaller purchases at OnlyFans; Sephora; ...."

There's something so quaint about Santos' blatant and simple criminality. Just straight up using campaign funds at Hermes or for your OnlyFans sub is the kind of "I'm above the law because I don't understand it" attitude that should elevate Santos into a GOP leadership role.

• Like 1
  • True 1

5 hours ago, TwinIon said:

There's something so quaint about Santos' blatant and simple criminality. Just straight up using campaign funds at Hermes or for your OnlyFans sub is the kind of "I'm above the law because I don't understand it" attitude that should elevate Santos into a GOP leadership role.

There are so many Republicans who are just creepy freaks who sought a higher office because they want to make it legal to hunt minorities, it’s quite refreshing that this guy just wanted to abuse his office so he can live a baller life. Just living the dream, grifting so an e-girl can rate his dick on OnlyFans. Legend. 

• Like 2