Just beat NieR: Automata.

CastletonSnob

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:

Holy shit, what a game.

Why didn't anyone tell me this game was a masterpiece?

I just found out that there are other endings that you can get by beating the main story again.

I just looked up the endings and spoiled myself. Yes, I know, I'm dumb.

I'd say the other endings were kind of the point of the game, lol.

• True 1

57 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

The first mission is so bad it immediately killed any desire I had to play it.

You mean the intro mission where if you die, you have to start all over from the beginning?

I'm going to be honest, NieR: Automata's gameplay is just OK. The story is where the game really shines.

I couldn't finish the game once. Wasn't into the gameplay, didn't like the side missions, etc.

Some mega fans said to skip all side content, beat it once, race through a second time, and then do the last three endings to get blown away. I'm just not at the point where that's something I feel like doing, but they said they fucking love those three endings, so I just have come to terms that, at least for now, I'm not gonna understand what the fuss is about. :p 

I got a few hours into it earlier this year, but I think I just wasn't in the mood for an action game. I also think it happened at my yearly April game burn out. I get burnt out on story-driven games between like April and September every year, almost without fail. I'm not sure why. I've only beat 3 games since March and have put easily 100 more hours into The Sims.

Technically there are like 24 endings. Though most are meant to be a joke, but it is interesting how many “outcomes” the game recognizes. 

it was a great game. The final ending was so meta and so good. The game was a lot of fun. Also a very interesting mechanic that you can just buy the remaining achievements in game too. lol 

I ended up buying it for a friend so they could he could play it too. Share the love. I really should go back and do the ending again to choose the other option. 

21 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Holy shit, what a game.

Why didn't anyone tell me this game was a masterpiece?

Because you didn't listen to Giant Bomb the year it came out or you would have known this :)

Ugg this is still on my backlog pile (switch port). I need to start it soon.