5) Demons Souls 

6) Forbidden West 

7) Returnal

8) TLOU part 1

9) GT7

10) Cyberpunk 

11) Star Wars jedi survivor 

12) The revamped Wither 3

I am most likely forgetting some games but these were on the tip of my tongue.

What do you think and what would you change. This is not in order, mind you.

3 hours ago, silentbob said:

I gotta hand it to Ratchet and Clank, as the game pretty much plays out like a Pixar movie

I was going to hand it to Ragnarok ot FF16 but after playing 7 hours of Ratchet and Clank today it's my number one best visuals on the console. 

• Hype 1

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

Wow tough question but a good question. The very best visuals on PS5 so far imo is Gran Turismo 7. The cars are fucking unbelievable. 

Currently downloading Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart so that could change!

Oh yeah that is definitely an omission here, easily top 3, the lighting is insane.

22 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I forgot to put GT7 on the list which it deserves. While not the best visuals on PS5 it looks spectacular in motion. 

The replays have the advantage of raytracing so when you're watching that it can look photo realistic. 

Ratchet is certainly top 3

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I forgot to put GT7 on the list which it deserves. While not the best visuals on PS5 it looks spectacular in motion. 

The replays have the advantage of raytracing so when you're watching that it can look photo realistic. 

You could edit your post and replace the extra Returnal with Gran Turismo 7. 

13 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Goes to show how much art direction matters over simple horse power. When you combine the two...

Art style over photo realism. “Amazing” I think it’s something easier to obtain when you’re not going to be judged and compared to real world. In a game like Rift Apart assets just need to seem believable, and there is a gracious margin for that because it looks like a cartoon. But for games like Horizon, God of War, and even Gran Turismo they need to hit believable and realistic. Which is a much higher bar and historically doesn’t age as well. 

it’s why Zelda Wind Waker can hold up so well while games that went for photo realism at the same time don’t. Making Wind Waker look better using modern effects wouldn’t take as much to make it look as good as a brand new AAA game could be done with a bit of updates textures, but mostly just lighting. While games that went for more of a photo realistic approach would need a full remake. 

Rift Apart is a very beautiful game. But it has an inherent advantage. These types of games always have. 

15 hours ago, silentbob said:

I gotta hand it to Ratchet and Clank, as the game pretty much plays out like a Pixar movie

16 hours ago, Biggie said:

Wow tough question but a good question. The very best visuals on PS5 so far imo is Gran Turismo 7. The cars are fucking unbelievable. 

Currently downloading Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart so that could change!

Talking "Just pure fidelity" it's pretty easy GT7 or Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart. Many "GOOD" looking games for sure but these two are the best of the best!

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, HardAct said:

Talking "Just pure fidelity" it's pretty easy GT7 or Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart. Many "GOOD" looking games for sure but these two are the best of the best!

I need to fire up GT7 to remind myself how amazing it looks. I own it.

31 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That definitely counts. So that may be the winner unless you think Cyberpunk on your rig maxed out is visually superior?

If I counted VR it would actually be Flight simulator on pc in VR, simply as realistic as it gets rn.

I kinda don’t usually count VR, or I compare the flat screen graphics of the Vr game without giving it bonus points for being Vr. GT7 though just happens to be one of the best looking games anyway on ps5 and having it run (though tuned down) on psvr2 is really impressive. 

CP right now is kind of on it’s own level though still. It’s like where RDR2 was for a few years, we will see when something can beat it.

• Halal 1

33 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Currently playing thru Mile Morales and this game looks awesome too. PS5 is killing it. 

Still one of the best looking ps5 games in its performance RT mode and Insomniac about to take that to the next level with Spidey 2 in just a few months!

• Hype 1

Ratchet & Clank and Demon's Souls are the first two I think of.

But Returnal is no slouch -- that kind of bullet hell running at a silky smooth 60fps? Lovely.

Also, they may be cross-gen, but hot damn are Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok lookers. Forbidden West you could make an argument looks the best of them all.

I guess that's my top 5 off the bat from what I've played. There are tons of great looking games. I've not played Callisto Protocol, however.

If you’re listing PS4 games, then RDR2 is still the king in my opinion. Then Horizon 2, Demon Souls after that. The rest of your list looks pretty good. That being said, Demon Souls remake still has a special place for me with how good the game looks and runs soooo smoothly.