I’m in Canada AMA

stepee

16 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Could you steal all the maple syrup left and bring it back?!?!

I will dig a tunnel that leads directly to your veins

11 minutes ago, Nokra said:

What has stood out to you the most vs. a typical US city?

Now, Ive been here all of 5 hours, but it actually seems a lot like SF. The thing that stands out the most I guess would be that the train that runs across downtown is free. And then just the same thing I always notice in Canada, when dealing with people they seem to hate life/their jobs less and are way more friendly.

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

How much poutine have you eaten?

None yet but that answer will be “some” before the night is over.

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

Wrong. Waffles left Calgary. 

I have her on a t-shirt so she is here

4 minutes ago, unogueen said:

brain worms. hit the dead mans switch.

I did but nothing happe

• Hype 2

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

Tell her she had me at hello

I will!

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

first time in Canada? If not, how does it compare to elsewhere you've been?

I used to work with a guy based out of Calgary and it sounded interesting, so I've always considered going.

Ive been to Montreal and Vancouver. Montreal is kind of its own thing and reminds me more of an older European town. Vancouver reminds me of like Chicago, a bit more busy and less polished. Calgary seems a lot like SF except flat. It makes for good city walking and I really enjoyed relaxing along the river walk area. City mostly clears out after workers go home it seems during week days so you won’t have night life beyond weekends. I need to see more and also probably visit those other two cities in more recent times but so far it’s more of a city I would live in. Weather is nice and in the 70s all last week except when I arrived when it decided to be 94 for fun.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

So you're going to eat waffles in Oct/Nov? :s

Yes

2 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

You coming to torano?

Not on this trip. I debated going to Toronto when I was deciding where to go but decided on here first, I want to go though. I also want to visit Halifax.

One thing that stood out here compared to America is there is this “Trudeau Squad” in military gear that parachuted down and started running up to civilians on the street stabbing everyone with covid booster shots. I didn’t mind because I was due for another boost anyway, but I don’t see why they need to do it so dramatically. Then they started standing behind people and looking at what they were browsing on their phones and confiscating the phones if they disapproved of the content. Also I noticed that all the meat is now soy based which seems odd, apparently actual meat is illegal here now. Also different is here you can’t go outside without your Trudeau pin or else they take you away in a 1950s style paddy-wagon. Again, wearing the pin isn’t a big deal, but it’s an odd way to go about it.