Major Nelson announces his departure from Xbox after 22 years of service

I guess he finally got sick and tired of being passed over for promotion to Lieutenant Colonel.

major-nelson-crop.jpg?width=1200&height=
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Larry "Major Nelson" Hyrb, long one of the most recognisable presences on the Xbox team, has announced his departure fr…

Larry "Major Nelson" Hyrb, long one of the most recognisable presences on the Xbox team, has announced his departure from Microsoft after 22 years.

Hyrb has been with Microsoft since early 2001, initially serving as editor-in-chief for MSN Music before joining the company's Xbox division two years later. As a senior product manager for Xbox, Hyrb was focused on helping shape the Xbox Live community experience - he credits himself as being a key contributor in features such as Xbox's Achievement system and party chat - and would go on to become senior director of corporate communications since 2012.

There was like a series of weekly videos with him on the 360 that I enjoyed. I wanna say it was something like "This week in Xbox" but I really have no clue. Hell, it might not have even been weekly. They were good videos that were either hyping something up or being informative.

He was usually the host of those daily Xbox shows they'd do at E3 prior to Covid (the 30-60 minute ones where they would recap stuff from the big presentation, interview devs, etc). Lately he's mostly been doing voiceover for the monthly Games With Gold video. 

I met him once in real life when I worked at Microsoft, super polite dude. Very nerdy, in a good way.