Texas denied an abortion to a woman carrying a headless fetus because it had a heartbeat

Rather unfortunately, we will have to see 100's, if not 1000's of women die before something is course corrected to fix this problem that shouldn't have been an issue started in the first fucking place. Apparently the separation of church & state is only for most of the states NORTH of the Mason/Dixon.

46 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Rather unfortunately, we will have to see 100's, if not 1000's of women die before something is course corrected to fix this problem that shouldn't have been an issue started in the first fucking place. Apparently the separation of church & state is only for most of the states NORTH of the Mason/Dixon.

That's not going to change anything.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Amazatron said:

That's not going to change anything.

I think it would even though I agree with the point I think you're making that Republicans in power likely wouldn't change. I think it would affect people who aren't "MAGA." 2022 showed abortion is a salient issue for many people who otherwise would vote Republican but aren't in that right-wing "populist" mold, and this year continues to show that. The tragic effects of these extremist laws would impact people's mindsets, especially those who know women affected, and people who know the people who know those affected would be impacted.

It's usually how it works for these kinds of things. Knowing people affected, seeing what policies do instead of the theory of what they might do, are impactful.

Oh wow. I am shocked, SHOCKED, that idiots with simple minded views make/support laws that do more destruction in the real world which they continue to act like it's not happening and they're just getting back at the promiscuous women who are just being awful by not considering just carrying and giving up for adoption.

Oh No Eye Roll GIF by Aardman Animations

Again do I have to repeat myself, Go fuck yourself if you are against abortions and a women's right to choose. Your backwards views hurt women who want to have children.

8 hours ago, SoberChef said:

no they want the women to die.  they hate women 

I would very much like & appreciate a woman's POV on this topic. From where I'm standing, I find it pretty egregious to see any woman actively fighting against all other women having a choice from the onset, and to do so is hurting your own sex. Furthermore, if you're doing it solely based on religion, then 'god' save you all.

4 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

I would very much like & appreciate a woman's POV on this topic. From where I'm standing, I find it pretty egregious to see any woman actively fighting against all other women having a choice from the onset, and to do so is hurting your own sex. Furthermore, if you're doing it solely based on religion, then 'god' save you all.

Check the first reply to the thread

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

@CastlevaniaNut18is of the fairer sex you mean @Keyser_Soze!? All these years AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME!!!

Conceal Jessica Biel GIF by HULU

But seriously though, if so, I'd love a more elaborate take of your position if so.

13 years here and you never knew I was a woman? Whoa.

Anyhow, I've posted my thoughts on this a lot over the years, but I'll sum it up. I've never been pregnant and I never want to be pregnant. Husband and I have always taken precautions to prevent this. I live in a state where the SCOTUS has allowed my leaders to interfere with mine and all other women's medical decisions. It infuriates me. I'm fortunate enough to have the financial freedom to travel to another state(all that border mine ban abortion, too). Fuck these judges, legislators, and governors who interfere with what should be a medical decision between a woman and her physician. It's unconscionable. Don't like abortion? Good, then no one is forcing you to have one. These cruel and draconian laws only harm people. There is nothing "pro-life" about the people pushing for them and implementing them. Women should be able to have an abortion for whatever reason and any of those reasons is a good reason. It's no one's business but hers. But stories like these enrage me even more. Forcing a woman to carry a doomed child to term is sick. Forcing her to further risk her health is fucking gross. I hate these people. And that's why. No one should be able to make medical decisions for you, but you and your doctor.

And FUCK men who want to control women's bodies. Hate abortion all  you want, but you'll never be in that position. You have no fucking right to speak.

• Halal 2
  • Hugs 6

7 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Anyhow, I've posted my thoughts on this a lot over the years, but I'll sum it up. I've never been pregnant and I never want to be pregnant. Husband and I have always taken precautions to prevent this. I live in a state where the SCOTUS has allowed my leaders to interfere with mine and all other women's medical decisions. It infuriates me. I'm fortunate enough to have the financial freedom to travel to another state(all that border mine ban abortion, too). Fuck these judges, legislators, and governors who interfere with what should be a medical decision between a woman and her physician. It's unconscionable. Don't like abortion? Good, then no one is forcing you to have one. These cruel and draconian laws only harm people. There is nothing "pro-life" about the people pushing for them and implementing them. Women should be able to have an abortion for whatever reason and any of those reasons is a good reason. It's no one's business but hers. But stories like these enrage me even more. Forcing a woman to carry a doomed child to term is sick. Forcing her to further risk her health is fucking gross. I hate these people. And that's why. No one should be able to make medical decisions for you, but you and your doctor.

And FUCK men who want to control women's bodies. Hate abortion all  you want, but you'll never be in that position. You have no fucking right to speak.

I just wanted to say I love this post. <3

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 10:45 PM, SoberChef said:

Apparently the separation of church & state is only for most of the states NORTH of the Mason/Dixon.

Nah, Republicans no longer believe in the separation of Church and State ANYWHERE in this country

7T3DDMXHMEI6ZJBCCG53SHNTBM.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The Colorado congresswoman made the remarks in a church service in which she welcomed the overturning of Roe v. Wade and thanked Donald Trump.

Add to that Trump's promise to allow Church's to be more politically active with NO repercussions to their tax exempt status.

• Guillotine 2

• GeneticBlueprint changed the title to Texas denied an abortion to a woman carrying a headless fetus because it had a heartbeat