Ted "Unabomber" Kaczynski found dead in his prison cell

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's God's job, not ours.

So, render unto God that which is God's.

If you're Christian and republican on here it's suicide. I'll never win on here because I'm outnumbered 15-0, but I just wanted to point out that celebrating and being happy that someone died because they didn't line up with your personal beliefs is gross. 

I'm glad you acknowledged that there is a God, though. 

Yeah! I’m in favor of those cities of refuge that were mentioned in the OT. We could call them, sanctuary cities, I’m sure republicans and modern day Christian’s would have no issue with that making a resurgence seeing as, after all, it’s biblical!

also yeah, I’m pretty strong on the not murdering  people with bombs point of view personally. But I’ll wait to hear what the dead false god has to say, fucker owes me a lot explaining anyways.

28 minutes ago, best3444 said:

If you're Christian and republican on here it's suicide. I'll never win on here because I'm outnumbered 15-0, but I just wanted to point out that celebrating and being happy that someone died because they didn't line up with your personal beliefs is gross. 

I'm glad you acknowledged that there is a God, though. 

I won’t speak for others but I’m not disagreeing with you because you’re conservative or Christian.

In terms of it being gross to celebrate the death of evil: is this true in ALL instances? Let’s start with Godwin’s Law: Was the world a better place with or without Hitler in it?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'll never win on here because I'm outnumbered 15-0

You won't ever win not because you're outnumbered but because your arguments make little if any sense. You then ignore salient points made against you and just repeat some basic nonsensical point that you started with. You are a clear example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action. I'm honestly shocked that people bother to respond to you or try to help educate you on this stuff because from what I've seen and read as a lurker for months/years has only shown me how futile that would be. You just sound like your basic religious Christian right winger who is way too overconfident in their beliefs at the expense of their intelligence and critical thinking skills. I've seen this all the time. It is what it is. Ted Kaczynski and Pat Robertson (everyone stop saying actor Robert Pattinson) being dead is certainly not a bad thing, for you to argue otherwise actually makes you the gross one for an attempted defense of truly evil people who did heinous things.

This is particularly galling coming from you of all people who called Trump "entertaining" when he's anything but given the real world negative ramifications of his continued existence. Like, think to yourself for one second: Trump is entertaining to you despite how much he's hurt many people and groups but celebrating the deaths of clearly evil people on a message board is disgusting? You make no sense. 

:shrug:

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Happy when someone passes away? Just like the Robert Pattinson thread. You guys are a class act, I tell ya. 

If you think people being happy the Unabomber is dead is isolated to this board and not a nationwide thing, then you need to expand who you know, lol.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, TheLeon said:

All I have to say is that it’s endlessly funny to me that the name Pat Robertson auto-corrects in people’s heads as Robert Pattinson. I've seen it other places around the internet. 

It is pretty funny. One is a dreamy white man whose time on screen has inspired countless. The other was in those vampire movies. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

It is pretty funny. One is a dreamy white man whose time on screen has inspired countless. The other was in those vampire movies. 

To be fair, you get stuck with Kristen Stewart and see how well you do.

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Kristen Stewart's and Robert Pattinson's post-Twilight acting choices have cemented them both as really interesting, great actors. Their filmographies after the Twilight movies have a lot of really good movies in them.

Agreed. For a long time I thought Stewart was a completely awful actress, then I saw some of her more recent films, she’s great. I’ve never seen Twilight, but I like a lot of Pattinsons stuff too. I liked him as Batman.

• Halal 1

The dude committed suicide, even Ted Kaczynski wanted Ted Kaczynski dead. Also I believe suicide removes any chance of forgiveness for him per christianity anyway so no matter how you slice it holding water for the UnaBOMBER seems like it should be a rethink your moral positions moment.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

The dude committed suicide, even Ted Kaczynski wanted Ted Kaczynski dead. Also I believe suicide removes any chance of forgiveness for him per christianity anyway so no matter how you slice it holding water for the UnaBOMBER seems like it should be a rethink your moral positions moment.

But did EBEs visit Las Vegas?

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Holy shit, we’ve reached a new level where being happy the Unabomber is dead is a bad thing. 

The fuck. 

On 6/10/2023 at 7:31 PM, TUFKAK said:

Oh no.

Well anyway.

How long before the chuds martyr this guy?

Jesus loves me this I know

For the Bible tells me so

Just not the feminists, the Jews, the gays, the Catholics, the trans, the non Europeans, the childless, the unmarried, the atheists, the other religions, the insert thing I disagree with

for the Bible tells me so

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Agreed. For a long time I thought Stewart was a completely awful actress, then I saw some of her more recent films, she’s great. I’ve never seen Twilight, but I like a lot of Pattinsons stuff too. I liked him as Batman.

Really, I don't know how you could have improved those movies when the source material is just so awful.

55 minutes ago, stepee said:

This is not strictly correct. You cannot repent of suicide (obviously) but I don't think that extends to expulsion from Heaven based on a Biblical commandment. Thomas Aquinas was instrumental in solidifying this false teaching. 

4 minutes ago, CayceG said:

This is not strictly correct. You cannot repent of suicide (obviously) but I don't think that extends to expulsion from Heaven based on a Biblical commandment. Thomas Aquinas was instrumental in solidifying this false teaching. 

In full transparency, I actually wasn't sure so I googled it before making the quip. I read that it did seem that modern interpretation might allow some leeway for him here, but that there was some debate and varied nuanced perspectives on it. So with that in mind, and knowing that there is no way in hell best would know any of this anyway, I went ahead with it in hopes one of you bible history folks wouldn’t pick up on it. :P

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Really, I don't know how you could have improved those movies when the source material is just so awful.

That’s the thing - they were great in those movies, but they did such a good job playing terrible characters that everyone was convinced they were bad.

• True 1

52 minutes ago, stepee said:

In full transparency, I actually wasn't sure so I googled it before making the quip. I read that it did seem that modern interpretation might allow some leeway for him here, but that there was some debate and varied nuanced perspectives on it. So with that in mind, and knowing that there is no way in hell best would know any of this anyway, I went ahead with it in hopes one of you bible history folks wouldn’t pick up on it. :P

I know not to get down in the shit with Best. But I can't keep myself from "actually-ing" someone arguing in good-faith :p 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Heyzeus loved him! And you cheated on a math test so you’re exactly the same?

This is not a remotely orthodox view in Christianity :p 

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is not a remotely orthodox view in Christianity :p 

And that’s something I struggled with as a young person being indoctrinated and what I find batshit now. Being told as a kid, you’re just as bad as someone like Hitler because murdering millions is the same as telling your parents a lie when you’re a toddler. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

And that’s something I struggled with as a young person being indoctrinated and what I find batshit now. Being told as a kid, you’re just as bad as someone like Hitler because murdering millions is the same as telling your parents a lie when you’re a toddler. 

Yeah, there are some interesting heresies that became relatively common in certain denominations, in the south especially, during the 1900s.

Suicide is an interesting topic though. It is quite likely that most of the earliest members of the Christian faith would have opposed suicide, but not so much as an issue of sin and repentance. They tended to be for finding joy in suffering, and some even pro-martyrdom explicitly. Theologians across the centuries have tried to apply various principles to the question. In modern times it is largely viewed more softly than it would have been 500 years ago.

The 80s and 90s did see a spike in condemnation of it as a result of the panic over physician assisted suicide, and given your age and geographic location, I’m not at all surprised to hear you were exposed to some of the reaction to that.