Ok...the dust has settled. Which is better?

best3444

Which is better?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Dust has settled. Which is the overall better game?

9 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Is anyone else bothered at how bad TotK graphics are? Those ground textures are straight out of 2003. 

At first it took some time to get used to the visuals but now I'm really impreciating the art style and vistas. It can be an absolutely beautiful game and I'm very pleased technically.

Of course I'd love Nintendo to have more horse power but from what they built from ancient hardware is nothing short of amazing. The visuals look beautiful to me.

39 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

you kidding right? for 7 year old hardware the game looks great

There are aspects of the game that look good like the animations and art direction. But that frame rate, aliasing and ground textures are horrid. In fact because some of the game looks really good it really clashes with how bad other aspects look.

xftgde7x0lza1.jpg

Thats some N64 level textures

4 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

There are aspects of the game that look good like the animations and art direction. But that frame rate, aliasing and ground textures are horrid. In fact because some of the game looks really good it really clashes with how bad other aspects look.

Thats some N64 level textures

Well textures looking better than the latest Pokemon game is an achievement! :p

I can attest that the game looks great minus most of the ground textures on emulation at 4k with AA at 60fps and internal scaling + fsr removed via mods. The switch only has so much vram, textures were never going to be universally great, they have to pick and choose. That being said, if you’re playing a switch game for graphics you’re doing it very wrong. :p 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I can attest that the game looks great minus most of the ground textures on emulation at 4k with AA at 60fps and internal scaling + fsr removed via mods. The switch only has so much vram, textures were never going to be universally great, they have to pick and choose. That being said, if you’re playing a switch game for graphics you’re doing it very wrong. :p 

I could handle the bad textures and aliasing but that frame rate is something I can't deal with. Brings back memories of playing Turok on N64.

I'm guessing emulating it on the PC is the way to go

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

How far are you? Weapins last a long time with correct fusing and I rarely have any issues with this 50 hours in. 

I'm probably 30 hrs in. Constantly having to manage, switch, fuse, loot weapons has never been 'fun' for me but there's enough good that outweighs the bad 

1 minute ago, eventide11 said:

I'm probably 30 hrs in. Constantly having to manage, switch, fuse, loot weapons has never been 'fun' for me but there's enough good that outweighs the bad 

You shouldn't have to manage to often if you fuse the correct "tool". Granted, my weapons do break but it's not even close to being as bad as it was in BOTW. 

I want the master sword! :devil:

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You shouldn't have to manage to often if you fuse the correct "tool". Granted, my weapons do break but it's not even close to being as bad as it was in BOTW. 

I want the master sword! :devil:

Did you quit your job and become a full time Zelda fan boi?

8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Check the video I posted in the totk thread: 

Yeah HDR is big for this game too, really ups the lighting. For the most part it’s gorgeous when emulated. When the textures are covered with grass and objects you can forget you aren’t playing some current gen Nintendo game almost. It’s only some rocky areas that are nothing but those drab textures where it looks super dated. But honestly we are so spoiled playing it this way I feel if I complain about it at all someone is going to come over and beat me up.

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I'm at work right now but I woke up at 1am this morning and played until 5am. Took a shower then headed to work. I'm completely addicted. 

Headline Tomorrow

Man gets sucked into mail sorting machine and is killed. 

13 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Say what you will about weapon durability, but the greatest crime of the combat system is that armored monsters don't take damage from the Master Sword! 

They do if you fuse a fuckin' bomb to it! Or a boulder, or any other breaker-type fuse item you can mine with.

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

They do if you fuse a fuckin' bomb to it! Or a boulder, or any other breaker-type fuse item you can mine with.

But, MASTER sword. Its basically Excalibur/light saber and yet a cut rate mobolin denies its softly glowing bite. Unacceptable! 

9 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

I could handle the bad textures and aliasing but that frame rate is something I can't deal with. Brings back memories of playing Turok on N64.

I'm guessing emulating it on the PC is the way to go

Turok targeted 30fps at the time, and was one actually of the better ruining games of that gen.  Only with explosions and such could it buckle down to the teens. ToTK maintains 30fps pretty well, but can dip down to low 20's with Ultrahand though (double buffered vsync), so I can see the comparison.  I'm kind of okay with it, it's doing so much at times, it kind of has a classic game slowdown feel to me.

OoT was only at a 20fps locked. :o

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

But, MASTER sword. Its basically Excalibur/light saber and yet a cut rate mobolin denies its softly glowing bite. Unacceptable! 

It's for cutting through evil, and rock armor ain't evil it's just rocks!

• Haha 1