Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch) - "Official Peacemaker Gameplay" trailer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 7:00 AM, Paperclyp said:

Also good god can we not space the damn fighting games out a little bit? Jesus Christ!

Especially this one, COME ON MAN! I'm not buying game, maybe next years ultimate directors cut. I'm a sucker for most shit but MK11 is a fantastic game. I'm good on MK for 2023 at least!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch, 19 September 2023) - "Umgadi" and "Kombat Pack Roster Reveal" (Omni-Man, Homelander, Peacemaker) trailers
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch, 19 September 2023) - "Keepers of Time" (Geras) trailer
On 7/25/2023 at 12:52 AM, SoberChef said:

So happy that Ermac is Konfirmed to be Koming back! As for Omni-Man v. Homelander ... two entirely different entities there honestly.

I think it will be cool to pit them against each other anyhow.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch, 19 September 2023) - "Banished" (Reptile/Ashrah/Havik) trailer

I may be entirely way the hell off base ... BUT ... Ed made a tweet, gosh a good 18-24 months ago now I believe, inquiring about fans' wanting a new Konquest mode. As these trailers have been released, each slowly peeling away more & more layers of characters, worlds, etc. I can't help but have this little bright light of optimism for this to be true! I played the Konquest mode in MK: Deception SO much ... to the point that IF this is actually a thing, I very well may have a new gaming obsession for months to come that I didn't even anticipate!

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Mortal Kombat 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch, 19 September 2023) - "Rulers of Outworld" (General Shao/Sindel) trailer
6 hours ago, SoberChef said:

I was never a big fan of Sindel since MK3, but this iteration is seemingly badass AF! Also, Shao in such a role, fascinating to behold!

I liked the re-do in MK9 (? Whenever they did the previous timeline reboot where Raiden from the previous game(s) sent a warning of all the events that happened through time to his younger self just before the first tournament). Sindel, canonically, was originally resurrected and empowered with souls of a few dead characters from the first two games, but in the reboot, with the knowledge Raiden had the Earth-Realm fighters killed a lot more of Outworld’s soldiers/fighters nearly all at once including 3 boss-level fighters that were then able to be used for her resurrection and it’s why she was OPed AF in the story-mode cutscenes. 

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Good looking out Spork, appreciate someone else getting nerdy AF over the timelines and all that! Such an exiting time for this franchise. It's like a whole new world *cue Aladdin music*

I think the last one I played prior to 9 was MK4. MK9 having that story mode was fantastic. It was the first fighting game I think I played that had a real story mode instead of just ending cutscenes for each character upon beating a tower/whatever + boss in an arcade-like mode.